Status: Completed. Go subscribe to I Hate Myself Without You

Cross My Heart

Off The Counter!

I went to see Josline the next morning, just to see how she was. Well, actually, I woke up at 6:30, and I didn't want to stay around at home. I left a note for Marque, and I went for a jog around 3 blocks about 5 times. I had recently gotten into running in the mornings, or in the early evening. It helped me clear my mind and de-stress me. I wanted to live a stress free life, so anything really helped.

By the time it was 9, I had felt like I had jogged enough, and headed over to my sister's place. I knocked on the door, and I immediatly regretted jogging for 2 and a half hours. My legs were just burning. The door opened, and the tired looking sister of mine stood there. She looked a little confused as to why as I was there.

"Airin...why are you all sweaty?" She asked me, letting me inside. I kicked off my shoes and wiped my forehead on my sweater sleeve.

"I've been jogging for about 2 and a half hours now." I said, nearly breathless.

"Why did you do that? And without a water bottle?" Josline was sounding more and more like out mom every day. I coudn't tell if that was a good or bad thing. I was going with good for the time being. I closed the door behind me and walked into her house. It was a really nice place. And I didn't know how she was affording it, but what ever she was doing, I liked it. Josline walked into the kitchen and rolled a water bottle down the hallway into the living room for me.

"Why are you not like a normal person? You could of handed it to me." I said, picking up the bottle, taking a long drink from it.

"You're all gross!" she called from the kitchen. "I don't want you near me!" I took this as my opportunity to try to hug her. I walked right into the kitchen and started to corner her into a set of the cupboards. "No!" She whined at me. I was incapacitated with laughter for a few seconds. I held my arms out, bending my fingers, so it looked like I was a dinosaur, and started to 'stalk' towards her. She grabbed the dish cloth next to the sink and attempted to beat me with it. It failed.We may of been 20 and 22 years old, but we still acted like 7 year olds from time to time. I lightly glomped her, and she tried to wiggle her way out of my sweaty grip. "Airin! Lemme go!" Josline demanded.

"Never Josline! NEVER!" I laughed and rested my head ontop of Josline's.

"Airin...now I'm going to have to change...AGAIN!" Jaws pushed herself away from me. Just then, I noticed she wasn't in her pj's. She would normally be in them all day if she had nothing to do. She was wearing normal daily outing clothes.

"What's the special occasion?" I asked, becoming curious.

"Josh and I have a breakfast date this morning." I said.

"Josh been treating you nicely lately?" I asked, curiously.

"He's been treating me fairly normal." Josline said. "Except for the constant over-protection now." She said, sighing lightly.

"He just cares about you, and his unborn child. That's all." I said, seating myself ontop of the counter, only to be beaten with the dish cloth again. I slid myself off the counter and into a chair at the dining room table.

"I know that. I just really don't want people to treat me any differently now that I am pregnant. But, it's going to happen." Josline said. Josline was the kind of girl who always needed plently of attention, especially when she was younger. But once she started getting into her teen years, she distanced herself from everyone, mostly because of how she was picked on.

What I found the most amusing part of the whole situation, Josh used to pick on Josline when they were younger, then, the day before we moved from Vancouver, I punched Josh in the face for being mean to my sister. Now, The guy who called my sister 'Chubs', and who I punched, is now going to be the father of my sister's baby.
I found it really amazing how life worked.

I left Josline to get ready for her day, but when I walked out of the door, Josh was walking up the steps to the house. "Oh, hey Airin." Josh said.

"Hey Josh, how are you?" I asked.

"Oh, you know...still in a bit of denial, but getting used to it." Josh chuckled slightly. "How about you? How are you and Marque doing?"

"Just great. We're trying to pick out a colour for the bedroom right now. Marque want's orange." I said, shoving my hands in my sweater pockets. Josh smiled slightly.

"When are you two going to get married?" Josh asked. I turned a slight shade of pink.

"Oh, who knows." I said, trying to hide my embarrassment. To be honest, I had been planning my engagement to Marque since he graduated from highschool. Since I was a fairly simple person, I thought about a really simple proposal, but then, I rethought that idea. Marque deserved something special, and I wanted to make the proposal to him special.

"Better make it soon. I`m pretty sure Jazz wants to see her baby brother get married.`` Josh said.

When Jazz was about 10, she was diagnosed with scirosis of the liver. The doctors said that she would only make it until she was about 30.I could tell that it was really bothering Matt. He really did love Jazz a lot. And Marque was always so nervous about it. I caught him almost every night looking at a photo album of him and Jazz growing up. 10 years would definitly go by fast.

"Yeah...oh, hey, I've got to get going. Catch you around man." I said, clapping Josh on the shoulder. He said goodbye, and I started jogging back down the street. I opened the apartment door quietly and tiptoed into the living room. I heard no noise coming from anywhere. I took off my shoes and popped my head into the bedroom. Marque was still sleeping. I smiled and crawled into the bed next to him, wrapping my arms around his small frame.He moved a little bit, Marque always was a light sleeper.

"Airin?" Marque's voice was laced with sleep. "Where were you?" He asked me.

"I went out for a jog." I said.Marque turned around in my arms.

"I got up at 7 and you were gone. It's almost 10:30." Marque frowned.

"Okay, I went for a jog at about 6:30, and went to Josline's at 9:00." I said.Marque's eyes were starting to droop again. Lately, he hadn't been getting much sleep, due to a flu he was fighting off.

"Just get some sleep, okay baby?" I said, kissing his burning up forehead. He would feel much better one day, then start to feel extremely sick the next day. Marque nodded and closed his eyes. "Do you want me to get you anything?" I asked, starting to get out of the bed. Marque grabbed my hand, pulling me back down to the bed.

"Stay, please?" He said.

"I'm all sweaty though." I said.

"Since when has that ever mattered?" Marque lightly smiled. Marque burried his face in my chest as I rested one arm over his torso, and one arm behind my head.

That is what I loved most. Just laying in bed with Marque. It made me feel like we were the only two people in the world.

"Airin?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you." Marque said into my chest.

"I love you too baby."