Status: Completed. Go subscribe to I Hate Myself Without You

Cross My Heart

PB and J Forever

I only told Josline and my mom about wanting to marry Marque. I didn't know how to tell anyone else, especially Jazz. I had been trying to thnk of cute ways to propose, then they all sounded stupid when I said them outloud. Jaws had been my "cute consultant." She liked every idea, but I didn't. At one point she had to slap me to stop being negetive. I had finally come up with an idea that I liked and didn't sound stupid when I said it.

I had been saving my money for about 6 months to buy Marque a nice ring, even if it was a plain silver band. I didn't know what else to get him, plus, Josline came with me to help pick out the ring. The clerk, however, thought it was Josline and I who were getting married. Try explaining that the girl your shopping with for rings is your pregnant sister. Definitly makes for awkward conversation.

I had gotten up a little bit late, for me atleast (I usually woke up at 6 to go for my jog, but I woke up at 8), to make Marque breakfast. If toast, orange juice and vegan omlettes counted. I took the ring out of the back pocket of my jeans. I stared at it, and then the little tray of food. I sighed and sat down in a chair, running a hand through my hair. I was starting to have doubts. Where was Josline when I needed her to smack me? I stood up, and I hid the ring under the lip of the plate. I picked up the tray and shuffled my way into the bedroom, Marque was already up. Knowing him, he probably smelled the food.

"Oh, Airin, what is this?" he asked when I set the tray down.

"I just felt like doing something nice for you." I said. "Now, I'm going to do the dishes." I said.

"Something is wrong with you. You're doing household tasks!" Marque said. I just laughed and went to do the dishes.

I had just finished putting away the last of the plates in the drying rack when Marque walked out of the bedroom. He was holding something inbetween his fingers, and he was looking mighty confused. "Airin...what is this?" Marque held out the ring towards me. I just had to smile at him. I ushered Marque into the living room and sat him down on the couch. I took a few deep breaths, and I took the ring back from him, twirling it inbetween my fingers.

"Me and you...we're like peanut butter and jam. We work so perfectly together. If anything EVER destroyed the awesomeness that is PB and J, it would not be the same. PB, being me, is okay on his own, but with J, being you, PB is just so much better with J. J completes PB." I said. I decided to go with my PB and J analogy because it was the only one that seemed to make sense.

"I'm...I'm sorry, I'm not following." Marque said. Would no one ever understand my brilliance?

"Marque, when I met you, I fell in love with you. I guess love at first sight could of played a factor in that. But anyways, I've grown up so much since I met you 6 odd years ago. I can't imagine my life without you." I said. Marque just sat there, still looking a little confused. I smiled again at him.

"What are you saying Airin?"

"Marque Baxter...marry me?" I said. Marque looked speechless.

"You...I...you..." Marque was confused. He then turned bright red. "Yes." was all he said.

"Yes what?" I said playfully.

"Yes, I will." Marque said.

"You will what?"

"Yes, I will marry you." Marque said, still his wonderous shade of red. I smiled and threw my arms around him. "I love you." He whispered in my ear.

If there was only one thing that I could ever hear the rest of my life, it would be "I love you." I had always been a firm believer in 'love doesn't exist'. But then, when I met Marque, I started changing every thing. I started to think, maybe love does exist, and maybe it's not impossible for me to fall in love. Marque was the first guy I had ever actually gotten 'intimate' with. I had the random hookups with other guys, and girls, before, but Marque was special. He made me feel like I was an actual person, and I had a real reason for being alive. After everything we had been through together, the good and bad, it was amazing that we had stayed in love that long.

Life was finally starting to feel perfect. People say there is not such thing as perfection. But Marque agreeing to marry me...that was perfection to me.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! :3
Just something quick and cute to get you through your day.
Oh, random fact about me you may like to know...I'm a closet ginger (just like Adam Lambert!). My original colour is this light brown/orange colour. I just prefer my darker locks though.
Another random fact about me...I'm french =P only like...5% or something.
ps. Me and my bud Ayden...we were totally rocking out to Don't Stop Believing. Yeah...we're cool.