Status: Fin

A Life Worth Living

Happiness And New Friends

It has been three months in total now since my family and I moved to La Push. It was December and in a week it would be Christmas break for everyone. The kids were all enrolled at the Rez school and they loved it. Maya had tons of boys chasing after her and Layla had met a sweet guy named Kyle that she fervently denied was her boyfriend. But I thought otherwise. Evan had a big group of friends that were all just as loud and boisterous as him. And then the last Kent kid attending high school, Aiden, was always hanging out with a certain group of werewolves. They seemed to really have bonded.

Alex was attending the La Push elementary school and surprisingly enough had made a friend. His name was Harold and he was almost the complete opposite of Alex. He was loud and much enjoyed talking. However they both seemed to share an interest in reading. When a book was placed in front of either of them, a large smile would appear on their face.

And then there was little Mason, who was happily enjoying a quaint little daycare located in Forks. He made numerous friends and sometimes wouldn’t want to leave. In those cases I’d have to bribe him with seeing Seth and then he gladly left, nearly running out the door.

Seth, well let’s just say he was amazing. I never thought I would meet someone who could complete me so fully, but he did. He still had to go to school and I had work at ‘The Quileute Shop’ and my second job as a secretary so to speak for Sam’s landscaping business. He, Jared and Paul made a living by cleaning up people’s yards pretty much. So, they would get calls in but have no one to pick up the phone, I willingly offered to do so and Sam said he’d pay me. So I would work three days with Old Quil and then two for Sam. Life seemed to be going well for me finally.

La Push was all I though it would be. We were happy again and I know mom and dad would be proud.

So, it was a Friday afternoon and I had just left ‘The Quileute Shop’ so I could go pick up Mason. Aiden had bought a new car with a secret stash of money I never knew he had. He took the twins, Evan and Alex home, while I drove to Forks. I had made it to the little daycare right as it was letting out. I parked next to a fancy looking Volvo that made my Van look like scrap metal, but no matter. I walked in and stood stalk still.

Vampires! Oh no, has Drake sent some of his friends to find me. No I won’t let them; he’ll never be able to get me. Not now.

“Hello Ms. Kent, Mason is right over in the corner playing with a few friends,” said Angela, the owner. She was talking with the vampires and the man with the bronze hair turned toward me with a look of shock on his face. He turned to the gorgeous vampire girl by his side and whispered in her ear causing her to turn toward me with a look of bewilderment on her face.

They started to walk toward me and I turned toward Mason. “Let’s go Mase,” I said to him.

“No Lilah!! I wanna stay wif Caweb!” he shouted while pointing at a little boy sitting on the ground. He was obviously Caleb. But to my luck, his mother entered the building and picked him up without a care. This left Mason, me, Angela and the vampires who were currently standing directly behind me.

“Angela would you mind taking Mason while we speak with Delilah?” questioned the bronze haired bloodsucker.

Bloodsucker? I’ve been spending too much time with the wolves. And how does he know Mason’s and my name? As long as Mason’s safe everything will be okay, so suck it up Delilah.

“Yeah sure Edward. Come one Mase, let’s go outside and play on the swings. Grab your jacket,” she said hesitantly. She didn’t know what this “Edward” fellow was going to do but she must have trusted him enough to leave us alone. But, she’s only human and doesn’t know about the mythical creatures lurking around this small town.

“My name is Edward Cullen and this is my wife Bella,” he introduced in a soft melodic voice. “To my understanding you know what we are. I can read minds, it’s my gift. I’d like to know how you know what we are.” He questioned.

“Um, yeah well you see,” I began, while rubbing my arms. “I’m kinda Seth Clearwater’s imprint and um yeah other things,” I said quietly. It feels as though everywhere I go, I constantly have to bring up Drake. I want to put him behind me, but he keeps coming back. I thought I would always love him, but I know now I never could.

~Flashback~

“Drake put me down!” I squealed as he twirled me around in the air. His smile was bright and his eyes shone a beautiful honey color. Drake was beyond human beauty, that was my first clue as to him being a vampire. His light brown hair was disheveled on the top of his head and his pale skin sparkled in the soft light that filtered down through the trees.

It was a beautiful day in Southern California and Drake decided we would go out even though it was sunny. He took me into my back yard that led to a large expanse of trees.

“No, Delilah, I don’t think I will,” he chuckled in his beautiful voice. “How ‘bout you hop on my back and will go to that deserted beach?” he asked me and I eagerly agreed.

We were sitting in our favorite spot. It was a small alcove that we had found freshman year and had come there ever since.

The day passed by with us just talking about everything and soon the sun began to set.

“I don’t want to lose you Delilah,” Drake whispered into my ear.

“You’re not going to silly!” I chided. “We’ve got all the time in the world, it’s only junior year,” I said while looking into his eyes that seemed to become darker and clouded.

“You don’t understand love, I’ve been “alive” for over 200 years and I’ve seen how easy it is to lose the people you hold close,” he said looking sullen and aged.

“What are you getting at Drake? We’re together now isn’t that all that matters?” I couldn’t see the smirk slide on to his face as I questioned him. The darkness had entered the cave when the sun disappeared. I tried playing naïve; we’d had this discussion many times before.

“We could be together forever Delilah, darling! Me and you, immortal, in love for all eternity. I would never have to let you go. And all those men that look at you would never be any competition because we would have an everlasting life!” he cheered.

“Drake, I do love you but I don’t think I want to live forever. I want to grow old and have kids. I don’t want to leave my family and never be able to see them again,” I pleaded knowing my confession would only anger him.

“Are you saying this because you’ve met someone else?” He roared. Drake had always been the jealous type, but I had never seen it this bad. “I’ll kill him, I’ll kill every man on this earth and then you’ll have to be with me forever!” he yelled.

“Drake, even if you killed them all, I wouldn’t ask for eternity. I want to go through all the stages of my life. You will always have a piece of my heart and I’ll stay with you all my life, I just don’t want to be eternally sixteen,” I stated calmly. I began to get up but Drake took me by surprise. He pushed me against the cave wall knocking the air out of my lungs. I looked up into his eyes and they were pitch black.

“I’m not letting you go Delilah,” he growled and pushed his lips onto mine roughly. He kissed me with anger and jealously, he wanted to prove something. Something I didn’t want.

“Mmmm mmm,” I said against his lips. I was trying to say “get off” but it was muffled. He moved from my lips to kiss my jaw and then my neck. I could feel his teeth graze my skin gently. “No, no Drake, please!” I pleaded with tears streaming down my face. “Don’t, if you do this I’ll never be with you, ever! Even as a vampire, I’ll never be with you!” I screamed trying to get his attention.

He quickly flew back to the opposite wall. “No, you don’t mean that. You love me,” he said with a sad look coming to his eyes. He realized his mistake, only a little to late.

“I can’t love a monster,” I replied quietly while exiting the cave. “Goodbye, Drake.”

He came out after me and quickly grabbed my arm. The sad look that had once filled his eyes was replaced with a burning fire. He was beyond angry. “If you leave me know Delilah, I’ll come after you. I’ll do whatever it takes to make you mine forever!” he raged.

“I’m sorry, but there is no forever for me and you,” with that final sentiment, I left.

~End Flashback~

A short time after that my parents were in their car accident, which caused my new life in La Push to start.

I looked up at Edward who had been staring at me. “You’re a lot like me you know,” he said thoughtfully.

“Why do you say that?” I questioned.

“Bella was human not to long ago and wanted to become like me. Just like Drake and yourself, we defied the odds. A vampire and human having a relationship. I didn’t want Bella to be damned and to never live her life. A full life. But things changed when we had Renesmee. She’s half vampire, half human,” Edward stated with a joyful look coming to his eyes when he spoke of his daughter.

“I think I’ve met her, she’s friends with Jacob Black,” I said to which he Edward nodded begrudgingly.

Somebody doesn’t like werewolves.

We both laughed a little at my thought. “Well it looks like everything turned out well for you two, but I better be on my way,” I said wanting to see Seth more than anything now.

“You know Delilah, my family is rather close with Seth. He has helped us much in the past. As you are his imprint, I think everyone in my family would agree that we are obligated to help you. So we will look out for Drake, just in case he comes through Forks,” he said.

“Oh, wow Edward,” I breathed. If he did that a huge weight could be lifted off my shoulders. I could let my guard down and not be so worried about Drake coming after Seth. “I can’t ask that of you though. I don’t want to put your family in any kind of danger,” I said.

“Well, we have eight vampires and one hybrid, so I think we can handle a soul vampire. Plus you’ll have all of the La Push werewolves on your side as well. You will not be harmed,” replied Edward.

“But you don’t understand, he’s extremely cunning and I’m not worried about me. It’s my family and Seth; he’ll kill them all if that means getting to me,” I said urgently. “He has a strange power; I think he called it mime replication. He’s like a copy cat for vampire powers. Any vampire he meets that has a special ability, he copies that power,” I said to Edward whose face went from happy to horrified in a split second.

“Hmm, I’ll speak with my father about it. Will most likely have to talk with the wolves about this,” said Edward pensively. “Is there any thing else we need to know about Drake?” he asked me.

“Well um, he doesn’t always stick to the vegetarian diet. He only did it because he was with me. So, he might be back to chasing humans,” I answered.

“That’s not good,” mumbled Bella. That was the first time I had heard her speak. “But no worries Delilah, we will get this all figured out,” she said smiling kindly at me. It was one of those smiles where you can tell that person has been in similar situations.

“Thank you,” I said before leaving to get Mason. We drove home and I was left to ponder about how to tell Seth of my vampire dealings.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, here's a link to Delilah's outfit when she's picking up Mason...

And here's her flashback outfit...

Hope You Enjoyed!! Please comment and subscribe!!