Status: Fin

A Life Worth Living

Whirlwind Emotions

When we pulled up in front of the house after our afternoon with Seth, everything came crashing down on me.

What in the hell am I doing. I was…I was going to kiss him. Yeah, Seth may seem nice now, but they always turn out the same. They all break your heart. And plus there definitely is something fishy going on with him. The extreme heat of his body, the weird way all the guys would communicate seemingly through their eyes and the howl causing him to flee from our eventful day. I have to stop, put a stop to my affections for Seth.

Yeah, if it were only that easy.

Mason and I entered the house quietly. I’m guessing he was upset Seth had to leave so soon.

No, no thinking about Seth, Delilah!

I set Mason down next to a pajama clad Evan and went to speak with Aiden. I had decided to forgive him and I really just needed someone to talk to. I found him sitting at the kitchen table with a sullen expression.

“Hey Aiden,” I started out earning a shocked look from Aiden. “The kids are all okay right? What did the doctor say?” I asked quietly.

“Um, the doctor said they were fine, it was just a one day thing and should pass before tomorrow morning. He also said to give them a lot of fluids because they puked most of them up,” he said in his deep voice. “D, you know I’m really sorry, right?” he questioned with a heartbreaking expression covering his face.

“Yeah I know Aid. I’m sorry too, sorry I didn’t forgive you sooner,” I said to which he quickly got up out of his chair and crossed the length of the kitchen to embrace me in a crushing hug.

“I love you so much D, I don’t like seeing you heart. Especially if I’ve had something to do with it. I know that Seth isn’t Drake, and I’m fine with you being um romantically involved wit him,” Aiden said awkwardly while rubbing soothing circles on my back.

“You’re so bad with talking about my involvement with boys, just like dad,” I chuckled sadly. “But I’m not with Seth and I won’t be, so you don’t need to worry,” I said turning toward the laundry room.

“What? How is that possible? I’ve seen the way you to look at each other. It’s as though you’ve known each other your whole lives, I’ve never seen anything like it before. Why can’t you be with Seth?” he questioned.

“I never said I couldn’t be with him, I said I’m just not,” I replied avoiding the question.

“Delilah,” he sighed with that look. You know that look that says don’t mess with me, I mean business.

“Fine okay! I can’t be with him because I could never drag someone else into my problems. Drake threatened he’s come after me if I ever left him and guess what I left him. He said he’d do anything to get to me, so he could keep me forever. And you now what forever means to him! He’s a freaking vampire!” I whisper-yelled as to not disturb anyone else in the house. “He may be a “vegetarian” but that won’t stop him from killing Seth if I get involved. So that’s why I can’t be with him Aiden,
I finished, breathing heavily.

“I know that Delilah, I know he might follow you here, but that’s not your real reason. Put two in two together. The stories we heard, they’re the stories mom always told. Werewolves, Delilah. They’re real too. And I can bet my life that Seth and the rest of the guys at the bonfire are all werewolves!” he yelled not caring who heard. “You’re just afraid of letting someone else in. Don’t let your fear run your life D,” he pleaded with me.

I took a long pause before replying, “Seth invited us over to Emily and Sam’s house for dinner tomorrow night. I think we should go.” He smiled at my answer and pecked my cheek before running off to tell the rest of our plans.

So the next day seemed to fly bye and before I could even comprehend, the van was parked outside Sam and Emily’s and we were walking toward the front door.

“The Kent Family! I’m so glad you could come!” exclaimed Emily as we entered her to quaint little house. “Everyone’s out back so you guys can all head out there,” she said with a bright smile on her face that masked the horrible scars that marred her.

“Thanks Emily,” I said as we passed through the house to the back door. She was right, everyone was out there. I immediately spotted Seth and decided it was now-or-never to talk to him. “Hey I’ll be right back okay?” I asked Aiden and he responded by smiling widely and nodding. He took the rest of the family over toward everyone to mingle and I made my way toward Seth.

By the time I had reached him his smile had grown in size. “Hey Seth, do you think we could talk?” I asked and his smile faded slightly.

“Yeah sure Lilah,” he answered. Whenever he said that nickname it did crazy things to my stomach. Seth grabbed my hand, which caused even more turmoil in my tummy and led me slightly into the woods. “So what’s up?” he asked.

“Um well I guess I should just come out and say it because I mean beating around the bush isn’t so great. So, Seth, are you a werewolf?” I babbled quickly but then got right to the point.

His face lost most color and his mouth dropped into a perfect o. “How…how’d you find out about that?” he questioned looking mortified.

“Well I didn’t really gather all the pieces until this morning. An ex-boyfriend and the Quileute stories led me to my conclusion,” I said quietly.

“Okay, I get the stories part, but could you elaborate on the ex-boyfriend?” Seth questioned with a jealous look reaching his chocolate brown eyes.

“Um well you see, I had a boyfriend back about two years ago named Drake and he was a vampire,” I said at super speed.

“He was a what!?!” roared Seth. “You dated a blood-sucking leech!”

“Shhh, keep your voice down,” I shushed him. “Yes, I dated one okay. And he was sweet in the beginning, but then he kept trying to coerce me into changing into what he is. I didn’t want to, so we ended it. There you go, it’s the past and Seth I think you are my future,” I said looking deep into my eyes.

“I’m not gunna forget the fact you dated a leech ‘cuz if I ever see him again I will rip him to shreds. But in the subject of our futures there is no doubt you are a part of mine,” he said with a completely serious face.

“How can you be so sure?” I inquired in but a whisper.

“Well, there’s a thing with werewolves. We imprint,” he said like that would solve everything.

“Wait, you mean imprinting as in when a bird hatches, the first thing it sees it imprints on, making it their mother?” I asked not understanding how it had to do with werewolves.

“Actually it’s kinda like a bird’s imprinting. But in werewolves, we imprint on our soulmates,” he said with that look I could never decipher.

It’s love. That’s what the look is, love in his eyes

“Woah, are you saying you imprinted on me?” he nodded in response. “Um, alrighty then. Well if it means anything I really like you to Seth,” I said while laughing nervously. Seth had gotten really close to my face and I just noticed.

Wow, I’m slow

“That’s great” he whispered close to my lips, in fact he was so close I could feel and smell his breath. He had a sweet peppermint scent, one of my favorites. And then like a fiery explosion his lips touched mine and everything feel into place. Our lips molded together perfectly. His were so soft and gentle, that I just couldn’t get enough. But before I would have liked he pulled away with a goofy grin on his face.

“Delilah, I love you, always and forever,” he whispered.

“Um, I don’t know if I can reciprocate those affections just yet Seth. I mean I like you a lot, but love, I don’t know. The last time I loved someone it crushed me,” I replied urgently, trying to convey the fact that he did mean a lot to me.

“That’s fine Lilah, that’s all I need. Take your time, but you know sometimes you’ve just gotta let love in,” he said sweetly with that gorgeous smile adorning his face.

“Thanks Seth,” I responded and pecked him softly on his lips.

Let Love In
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a link to Delilah's outfit when she meets Emily and the gang!!

Please comment and subscribe!!!