Status: Fin

A Life Worth Living

'Tis The Season...For Courage And Love

Christmas! Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and for the past couple of years I haven’t really been able to enjoy it. However, this year in La Push, I know it will be amazing. My family is spending this Christmas at our house and all of our friends are joining us. Since our house is the largest out of everyone, we decided why not! The house was decorated to the nines and we had a rather large evergreen tree in the living room completely adorned in lights and ornaments.

We were having the party on Christmas Day, so Christmas Eve was spent with Aiden, Maya, Layla, Evan, Alex, Mase, me, Seth, Leah and Sue. All of the girls had gathered in the kitchen, making a delicious holiday feast enough to feed eight people and two werewolves.

The meal was incredible and we laughed like we had never laughed before. Soon enough people were leaving to go to bed so Santa could come and drop of his gifts. The only people left in the living room were Aiden, Leah, Seth, Sue and me. Seth and I were cuddled up on the love seat, Leah was sitting next to Sue on the couch and Aiden was sitting in the big Lazyboy chair dozing off.

“Aiden go to bed,” I chuckled after his head dropped and then snapped back up.

“Yeah, I guess so. Night Sue, Leah,” he kissed each of their cheeks and then walked over to where Seth and I were. “Night Seth,” he said shaking Seth’s hand and then he picked me up from where I was sitting and crushed me into a big hug. “Love you D, sweet dreams,” he whispered in my ear and then placed me back down. He then went up the stairs to his room.

“Well, we best be off. Lots to do tomorrow,” Sue said. She was coming over tomorrow, along with Emily, to help me cook up enough food for everyone that was coming. “Goodnight Delilah,” she said to which I got up and hugged her.

“Night D,” Leah said while hugging me goodbye. She surprisingly had warmed up to me. I think it was because she had met a guy, he definitely took away her bitterness.

As Sue was hugging Seth I could hear her whisper to him, “You can stay if she wants you to, but no fooling around,” to that both Seth and I turned bright red and Leah scoffed loudly. Seth nodded and Leah and Sue left the house.

I quickly glided over to the Christmas tree and picked up Seth’s gift. I then pulled him down to the couch, which he happily obliged to.

“I wanted to give you your gift now since tomorrow’s so chaotic,” I said to Seth, who had the smile I love so much on his face.

“That’s a good idea, but then you have to open my gift to,” he replied with a sly look coming to his eyes.

“No, I told you no gifts Seth. I only need you,” I said for the billionth time to him.

“All I want, need, and crave is you Lilah. That means I have the right to shower you in gifts,” he said closing the argument.

“Fine, but you have to open yours first,” I replied and he nodded happily. He ripped open the paper and tore the lid off the box. He pulled the silver dog chains out of the box and looked at them in wonder. One said ‘Forever & Always’, while the other tag said ‘Seth & Delilah’.

“Oh Lilah, this is perfect,” Seth said in complete awe.

“Well I wanted to get you something you could wear when you’re in both forms. The chain is long enough so it won’t break,” I rattled off. I hadn’t realized Seth had gotten really, really close to my face.

“Absolutely perfect,” he whispered before softly placing his lips on mine. I gladly kissed back. His lips were soft and gentle and his large hands were warm as they cupped my face. I put my arm around his neck to deepen the kiss and he licked my lower lip, asking for entry. I playfully declined, which caused him to growl. He pulled away a little and kissed both of my cheeks then my forehead and ended with my nose. I laughed a little and he smiled warmly. “Now, it’s time for your gift,” Seth said.

“Yup,” I muttered before carefully unfolding the wrapping. The little box was covered in black velvet and it sort of made me nervous.

He’s not down on one knee Delilah, just chill out.

I opened the small box and what was inside made my eyes well up. It was a beautiful gold ring that had engraved roses with little leaves. I picked it up and rolled it around in my fingers. When I got a look at the inside, the tears spilled over. It read ‘Forever & Always’.

“Haha, I’m such a baby,” I said as I wiped away the tears.

“Do you like it?” questioned Seth nervously; he honestly looked scared that I wouldn’t adore his gift.

“Seth, this is absolutely perfect,” I said copying his words from before. His bright smile returned.

“Good,” he said sounding relieved. “It was actually my grandma’s ring. My grandfather gave it to her before he went into the Army. It was a promise ring then and it’s a promise ring now,” he then took the ring from my hands and slid it onto my ring finger on my left hand. Seth looked deeply in my eyes and said, “Delilah Grace Kent I promise to love you forever and always.”

“Seth, I love you too, forever and always,” I replied as joyous tears began to run down my face. I finally had the courage to admit my feelings and everything felt right. I am meant to be with Seth for all the days of my life. After I had told him of my feelings, he picked me up and spun me around. It made me think back to when Drake used to do this. But with Seth, it was a completely different feeling.

Goodbye Drake.

He is my past, Seth is my future.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I wrote this chapter a while ago...during Christmas.

Here's a link to Delilah's outfit..

Hope You Liked It!! Subscribe And Comment!!