Status: Fin

A Life Worth Living

Parties Always Lead To Drama

Sue and Emily came bright and early the next day. We said our quiet ‘Merry Christmas’ greetings and went to work. The kids, Seth and Leah were all sitting in the living room unwrapping gifts and eating pancakes I had made very early this morning. Mason ran into the kitchen with a huge smile lighting his cute little face.

“Lilah, Lilah!! Look what Sana brough me!! It a super hero!!” he shouted showing me his action figure.

“Oh, that’s great Mase. Looks like Santa got you just what you wanted,” I said happily. He nodded his head vigorously and then ran back into the living room.

Most of the day was spent cooking and chatting. It was nice to spend time with Emily, we were both very similar. And Sue, well it felt like I had another mom when she was around.

People started filing in around 4 o’ clock in the afternoon. Hugs were shared and soon the room was filled. Babbling voices echoed around and people exchanged gifts. Couples kissed, kids ran around and everyone was eating. This seemed magical to me. It had been a long time since I had been as happy as I am now.

“So, it looks like you’re enjoying yourself, Ms. Kent,” whispered Seth into my ear, while wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Oh I definitely am,” I replied with a smile flitting onto my face. “You look quite dashing by the way,” I added while looking at his white button-down, tie and nice slacks. He was dressed up way more than he normally would be.

“Why thank you, but no one can top you today. You shine,” he said, making me blush a shade similar to the red dress I was wearing.

“Thanks,” I giggled. Seth made me feel like I was floating on cloud nine.

“Want to go for a walk?” Seth questioned suddenly. I nodded my hand and we took off through the back doors. We walked down to First Beach, which was extremely close to my home. We trotted down the beach hand-in-hand, just enjoying each others presence.

“Merry Christmas, Lilah,” Seth said once we were sat at a fallen tree.

“Merry Christmas, Seth,” I replied. After that small exchange we sat in peace for quite some time. Then out of the blue, Seth starts to growl. “Seth, you okay baby?” I questioned worriedly.

“No, vampires,” he said. We both got up and out of the trees came Edward, Bella and a few other vampires.

“Oh, Edward, Bella, what are you doing here?” I asked. “Seth what’s wrong? You know them,” I whispered to Seth who was still extremely tense.

He pushed me behind him gently and said, “Yeah, I know them, but they know about the treaty. They can’t be on our land, so this better be important.”

I’d never seen Seth this angry before. It wasn’t exactly scary because I know he won’t hurt me, just kind of surprising. Edward stepped forward a little more and said something that made everything crumble around me.

“Drake is here,” he said it so simply, yet those three words destroyed the life I had just built up.

“No,” I cried quietly.

“What!” roared Seth. “That idiotic bloodsucker has the nerve to come to Washington. I’ll rip him apart for ever hurting Delilah,” this statement definitely scared me.

“No, no Seth. You’ll get hurt and I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to you,” I pleaded with him. Tears were beginning to brim in my eyes.

La Push must have something weird in the air, because I never cry this much.

“Don’t worry Lilah, I was made to kill vampires,” he said. This made some of the vampires shudder or sneer.

“Well, we may need to be worried,” spoke Edward. “He seems to have brought a few friends. When we found him he had an entourage of five, all with there own extra abilities. We chased them up to Canada, but I have a feeling they will be coming back soon,” he said.

“Yeah, let ‘um come. We’ll be ready and waiting,” said Seth. I then noticed all of the werewolves had come outside and stood behind Seth and I.

“Yes, I think it would be smart if we prepare for their attack. We know what they are after, so it shouldn’t be hard to maneuver around their tactics. But in order for us to succeed we must work together,” came Sam’s wise voice. Once he had finished speaking he looked directly at me and smiled. I tried to smile back, but it probably came out as a grimace.

“Yes I agree. That would be the smartest solution to this problem,” said the blonde vampire, whom looked like their father. “We shall watch on our side of the treaty line and you to yours. If fighting breaks out, we will come together,” he said to which everyone nodded and shook hands on.

While this was going on Edward had approached me and leaned down to my ear. “Your family will be safe, as will Seth. I promise you that,” he whispered. I gave him a sad smile and whispered my thanks back.

Everyone dispersed, leaving only Seth and I. “He won’t lay a hand on you,” he promised sincerely.

I just whispered back, “I love you.” He smiled and sweetly pecked my lips. Seth once again grasped my small hand in his much larger one and we began walking back to the house.

You think I’d get a break on Christmas.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story deserved a visit from the Drama-Llama (a Ryanism) Haha.

Anyway hope you enjoyed and here's a link for the outfits in this chapter!!

Comment and Subscribe pretty pretty please!!