Status: Fin

A Life Worth Living

Without You

So, the days went on and things were back to normal. Well, for the humans at least. Seth was frantic. He was always on patrol duty or over talking with the Cullen’s about any vampire activity on their side of the treaty line. I barely ever saw him now.

Christmas Break was over and all the kids had gone back to school. I went back to work, but only at ‘The Quileute Shop’. Sam had closed down his landscaping business due to recent events.

Hours passed, turning into days and then turning into months. It had been two months of werewolf searching and I was tired of it. I missed Seth more than I though I could and I scarcely speak to my family. It’s crazy what one person can due to you.

It’s February 14th and if you didn’t know it, Valentine’s Day. I hadn’t had a good Valentine’s Day in years and the ones I remember are tainted by a spiteful vampire. I’m hoping this one will be better.

I picked Mason up at daycare after leaving ‘The Quileute Shop’. He had a bag full of Valentine’s and assorted candies that he was going through and the whole ride home was spent going over who gave him what. Mason happily ran into the house and dumped all his candy on the dining room table. He sat happily, rifling through his goodies and occasionally would eat one he liked.

I was in such a stupor from watching Mason, that when Aiden put his hand on my shoulder, I jumped and squealed. He had a bemused smile on his face, but that quickly disappeared and was replaced with his usual calm, calculating expression.

“We’re all going over Sue’s house for dinner tonight,” he said. I merely nodded and began to turn my attention back to Mason, who had just found a heart shaped lollipop, but Aiden’s hand once again grabbed my shoulder.

“You are going to stay here though,” I gave him a peculiar look and began to open my mouth to speak, but he placed his hand over it. “There’s a note in your room. Read it. Follow it. We’ll be at Sue’s” he said and began rounding up all the kids.

Before they all left Alex came over to me and smiled brightly. I knelt down to his level and asked, “What’s up buddy?”

He handed me a big heart shaped box and gave me a hug, which brought tears to my eyes. Alex rarely showed affection, so it was an amazing thing to receive a hug from him. He then proceeded to make the tears fall by saying, “We all love you D. You’re the best sister any of us could ask for.” I hugged him again and lifted him off the ground.

“Group Hug!!” yelled Evan and everyone joined in our family huddle. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and pecked them each on the check.

“I love you all too. You have no idea how much. And you know what, Mom and Dad would be so proud of all of you. Have fun at Sue’s and give her and Leah a kiss and a hug for me,” I replied. They all nodded or said an ‘okay’ and then went off on their way.

After I heard the car pull out of the driveway, I walked up the stairs to my and Mason’s room. I looked on my bed and their lay a letter. I opened it up and a smile broke on my face. Seth’s messy scrawl was all over it.

Lilah,

I miss you. So, so much. Each and everyday all I can think of is you. I want to make this Valentine’s Day special, so I have everything planned. First, I got you a dress. It’s in your closet. So, put that on. Then come down to First Beach. I’ll be waiting for you.

Love with all my heart,

Seth

P.S. If I didn’t tell you already…I miss you and I love you so very much.

P.P.S. Love You!! XOXO


“You’re such a cheeseball,” I said chuckling through the tears that sprang up.

Stupid La Push air!!

But I complied with his wishes and put on a beautiful dress with cute boots. Seth new me too well. I quickly threw my hair up into a messy, but cute, bun and made my way to the van. I drove down to first beach and when I got out, I couldn’t believe my eyes. There Seth stood in the same outfit he wore to the Christmas party, looking just as dashing as ever. In front of him was a picnic blanket with food laid out around it. ‘Dreams’ by the Cranberries was playing and the moonlight was casting down over the ocean. It was all absolutely breathtaking.

“Seth!” I screeched and immediately ran to him and jumped up so I could wrap my arms around his neck. He easily caught me and held me close. “You’re so cheesy. Don’t guys only do this in movies,” I questioned teasingly.

“Well I do look like a movie star,” he added cockily.

“Big-headed like one too,” I added while laughing.

“I missed you,” Seth said with honesty and complete love shining through his eyes.

“I missed you too, Seth. You have no idea,” I replied. We enjoyed our dinner under the moonlight, occasionally stealing a kiss or two.

“As soon as all this blows over, I’m going to spend every waking minute with you,” Seth said while looking up at the stars.

“Way to sound like a creepy stalker,” I chided, trying to hide my smile. Seth looked down at me and smiled a mischievous smile.

“What if I am a stalker and you just bought all that werewolf bologna. Huh? I’m just a creepy guy staring at you while you sleep,” he said smile and leaning closer to me. I cracked up and then Seth only made this worse by tickling me like crazy.

Suddenly my cell went off playing ‘Live Like We’re Dying’ by Kris Allen. That was Aiden’s ringtone. He loved the song because my dad always used to say ‘You gotta live like you’re dying! Carpe Diem and all that jazz’ whenever we would complain about going on one of our ‘trips’. The spontaneous whims of my parents.

“Hello” I answered still slightly breathless from my tickling fit.

“Delilah, he took him! They took him and I don’t know what to do!” Aiden yelled into the phone. He sounded frantic and scared. I’d never heard him like this before.

“It’s alright Aiden. Just calm down and tell me what happened. Who took who?” I asked.

“Drake took him…he came with a bunch of guys and they took Mason!” he shouted and everything around me stopped.

He wouldn’t sink that low. That stupid vampire. He couldn’t have taken him.

“Is everyone else alright?” I asked trying to get a hold of the situation. Seth’s face was pale. He must have overheard everything with his werewolf hearing. Mason was like a little brother to him, this has to be killing him.

“Yeah, we’re all fine. Just shaken up. Li, I don’t know what to do,” Aiden said quietly, sounding like the frightened seventeen year old he was. He always tried to act older, but with this situation, his façade broke.

“Aiden, I want you to listen to me. Get everyone out of here. Take yourself and the rest of the family as far away as you can. I want everyone in the car and half way to Seattle by the time you hang up. Got it?” I asked in a demanding tone.

“Yeah, Lilah, but what about you and Mase?” he questioned.

“I’m staying and getting Mason back. I don’t care what happens to me, but you need to be safe, okay.” I said, my voice cracking on the word ‘okay’.

“No, Lilah. I can’t just leave you here…” he said, but I cut him off before he could continue.

“Yes, you can and will,” I replied sternly. “I love you so much Aiden, please be careful. And tell everyone I love them so, so much. Be safe,” and with that I hung up the phone and turned to Seth. I knew Aiden would listen to me, but now it was just a matter of getting Mason back.

“Let’s go to Sam’s” I said with tears beginning to run down my face. Seth looked devastated, but just took my hand and nodded.

You’ve gone too far Drake. No more Ms. Nice Chick!
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama Llama!!

Sadly, this story is drawing to a close... :(

But anywho here's the link to Delilah's outfit in this chapter!

Please Comment and Subscribe!!