Status: Fin

A Life Worth Living

A Life Without You Isn't A Life Worth Living

How do you make an impossible choice?

“I’m not choosing either,” I said shakily. Seth looked at me questioningly. His body was slightly shaking, but he knew if he changed, he might hurt Mason. He had to keep himself under control.

“Well, that’s fine with me,” replied Drake. He brought Mason back extremely close to his teeth.

“No!” I shouted. He moved Mason back a little and gave me an impatient look. “I’m not choosing because you can have me. Let them both go, and I’ll leave with you,” I said strongly knowing this was the only way.

“Delilah!” roared Seth, convulsing under Drake’s hand. Drake squeezed tighter, cutting off Seth’s air supply.

“Shut up mutt,” Drake whispered maliciously. “So, you’ll be mine forever then?” he questioned me.

I looked into Seth’s eyes, pleading with him. Tears began to roll down my face. “Yes,” I said solemnly, not breaking my gaze from Seth's beautiful face. I mouthed 'i'm sorry'.

“Excellent!” cheered Drake. He then put Mason down, who ran over to me immediately. I picked him up and rocked him back and forth, trying to stop his little body’s shaking. Drake then turned toward Seth. “I’ll let you go mutt, but one wrong move and someone will die.”

He slowly let go of Seth’s neck and walked toward me. Seth slumped down at the base of the tree he was near, looking defeated.

“Let them go,” Drake said to his vampire buddies that were holding Jake and Leah back. “And for you two dogs, the same rules apply. One wrong move and one of you will die,” he urged.

“Can I just give Mason to Seth and say goodbye?” I asked Drake. He grimaced slightly but then nodded his head. I slowly walked over to where Seth was seated and placed Mason down.

Mase without delay grabbed hold of Seth, hugging him tight. Seth wrapped his long arms around him and then looked up at me.

Heartbreak

“I’m sorry,” I said through my tears. “I love you Seth. Forever and always.” He then let go of Mason and stood up. He lightly grabbed one of my hands and brought it to his lips. It was the hand my ring was on. The promise ring he had given to me not too long ago.

“I hope you know that since the day you walked into my life, I’ve felt whole. I’ve felt like I could fly. A life without you isn’t a life worth living,” he replied with his own tears running down his tan face.

Then everything went in slow motion.

Seth ran straight at Drake and transformed in mid-air. Jake and Leah began to run further into the forest, leading the hoard of vampires away from us. Mason stayed quiet as did I, watching.

I’m immobile, yet the world around me seems to never stop moving. I stare with wide eyes at the seen unfolding before me, my life, my love, my everything are all falling apart. I still cannot move, it’s as though I’m glued to the ground.

He fights, he falls and I yearn to run over to him. Take him in my arms and never again let him go, but the enemy approaches. Slowly. Calmly. He has that infamous smirk reaching his lips as he quickly glanced at me. A hint of malicious, carnal desire swirling in his deep black eyes. They suck me in and I am catapulted forward.

I am released from my tie to the ground, an otherworldly presence finally letting me go. I push with all my might to get to my love before the final blow has been delivered. I scream and cry, but nothing seems to be able to stop my foe’s cold hand from bringing down the gleaming dagger to my beloved’s heart. With a final cry, I lurch forward and reach out my arms. The dagger comes down swift and fast making its mark known.


The dagger made a strange noise when it came down, but it did what it was supposed to do. Seth lay motionless and Drake laughed mercilessly. I was in such a state of shock, I hardly noticed the Cullens and the wolves come up around us. They took care of Drake, but all I could focus on was the red liquid lying by Seth’s chest.

I fell to my knees by Seth and began to sob. I threw my arms around him and couldn’t comprehend anything but the soft fur I felt beneath me.

Carlisle knelt down next to us and took a look at what I presume was the wound.

“Right in the heart,” he muttered loud enough to be heard over my uncontrollable weeping. He then gasped. I pulled back slightly and looked at him.

A small smile came to his face. “How can you smile?” I nearly screamed, ready to kill this vampire sitting next to me. I was a mess and my thoughts were going a mile a minute. But one rang out the loudest...

A life without you isn't a life worth living...

He was more than right.

“Delilah, Seth’s…” Carlisle began but he never got to finish his sentence...
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliff hanger...what do you think we'll happen!?!?...sorry had to do it...but there's only one chapter left and then the epilogue.

Hope you liked it

Comment and Subscribe!!