Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Snow Babies Everywhere

“Ugh,” I groaned as the alarm clock blared.

It’s too early…

I reached over to shut off the alarm clock but realized it wasn’t on my side. So, after demolishing the wall of pillows and climbing over Levy, I smashed my hand down onto the damn alarm clock.

The silence was beautiful, but silence is always short lived. “Mmm, your skin’s so soft,” Levy muttered with sleep lacing every word.

“Just shut up and go back to sleep, please,” I whined, while trying to roll off of him. My body didn’t get very far, before Levy’s arm snuck its way around my waist. He placed delicate butterfly kisses all along my neck, since it was exposed due to my hair being tied up in a messy bun.

“Mmm, your wall didn’t work, tiger,” he whispered and I could feel him smirking against my skin.

“I hope you know what that means,” I whispered back seductively. He seemed to get excited, but I guess he didn’t understand what I meant. Before he knew it, Levy was in a head lock.

“What the hell,” he rasped out. I didn’t know he had it in him, but he was able to flip me over completely. My feet were now facing the headboard and Levy had me pinned down with his body hovering above me. “You’re the one who broke the wall, tiger.”

“So, you were getting ideas and I had to do something,” I whined while pouting.

“Aww, I’m sorry, tiger. Next time I won’t move if you lay on top of me,” he said sweetly. He released his hold and I quickly jumped off the bed. However as I walked toward my suitcase, Levy’s hand grabbed my waist and lifted me off the floor.

“What are you doing?” I questioned through a series of giggles.

“I never said you could get up, little missy,” he proclaimed while throwing me onto the bed. I landed with a couple of bounces.

“Well, who said you’re in charge,” I argued.

“It’s my room,” he retorted. “So, there.” He even stuck his tongue out at me.

“Too bad,” I yelled while running for the bathroom. I quickly shut the door and locked it.

I was able to take a nice relaxing shower and it helped a lot with my nerves and the hate building for Victoria. I grabbed a white fluffy towel and then realized my dilemma.

I have no clothes…I’m an idiot

So with great care, I inched the bathroom door open and breathed a sigh of relief. Levy was nowhere to be found. I made my way across the hardwood floor, only to run into a warm, tall body.

“Damn it,” I whispered while looking up into Levy’s eyes. He was wearing glasses, which I had no idea he wore, and holding up a few papers. His mouth was slightly hanging open and his eyes were stuck on my towel. “Sorry, didn’t bring clothes when I made my big escape.”

“Is that a tattoo?” Levy asked staring at my back as I retreated. My feet slowed to a halt and I peered over my shoulder, to see him stepping closer.

“Um, yeah. I got it a while ago with my cousin. Before she passed and then I have a couple others,” I responded, not feeling as awkward as I should. I mean after all, I am just in a towel.

“Is that Max?” Levy questioned with a small smile on his face.

“Yeah it is. You’ve read ‘Where The Wild Things Are’?” I asked.

“Uh-huh. That was my favorite book as a kid,” he said fondly. “Let the wild rumpus begin!”

“No way! That was my favorite book too. My cousin and I were little book worms as kids. So, when we went to get tattoos together, she said I either had to get something from ‘Where The Wild Things Are’ or ‘The Little Prince’. You can obviously see what I choose,” I said thoughtfully.

“Your cousin seems like she was a very cool chick,” Levy claimed kindly.

“Yeah, she was the best. Molly could always make me laugh, no matter what mood I was in. Even on her death bed she was cracking jokes,” I said blinking back the tears.

I plopped down onto the bed, making sure my towel still covered me. Levy sat next to and threw his arm over my shoulder, gently rubbing up and down.

“I’m sorry Charlie,” he said.

“It’s alright. She had cancer and knew she wasn’t gonna live forever. She lived for the day, you know. I was the last one to see her before she passed,” I said remembering her smiling and mock punching my shoulder as tears streamed down my face. “The last thing I said to her was ‘I don’t want you to go, I’ll eat you up I love you so.’ It made her laugh and she said ‘This is all yours, Char. You’re the owner of this world.”

“Sometimes, happiness isn’t always the best way to be happy,” Levy responded.

“Alright, enough reminiscing. I need to get dressed,” I said quickly jumping up and wiping under my eyes.

“What about your other tats?” Levy questioned with a smirk, going back to his playful behavior.

“Well, I have a clover on my wrist,” I said while holding up my wrist for him to see. “I also have a shooting music note along my stomach, but that one you can’t see.”

"Oh, really? Maybe some other time then," Levy hinted.

"In you dreams, mystery man," I chuckled. I went back to rummaging for something to wear.

“You’ll have to wear something warm, we’re going ice skating,” Levy informed as I dug through my suitcase.

“Ice skating?” I questioned while dropping what was in my hands. “Levy, you know I can’t ice skate to save my life.”

“Don’t worry, but you might want to dress up though. My family normally goes all out, clothing wise, when it comes to ice-skating on the lake. Most of the girls wear furs, although Maggie protests it every time. The guys wear button-downs and ties too. It’s just some crazy tradition. Plus I bought you a jacket.”

“Levy, I have a jacket,” I whined while standing up with clothing in hand. “And I look like a bum anyway, your jacket will just make it seem like you’re covering crap in gold.”

“Not true,” he called as I closed the door. “And you’re wearing the jacket.”

Stupid, persistent mystery man

We eventually made it out with the rest of Levy’s family. Did you know they owned their own lake? Well, they do. Levy and I were currently lacing up our skates, while everyone gracefully skated on the beautiful ice. I could now see what Levy meant by his family going all out. His mother and Victoria were both decked out in fur jackets, as was a man holding Victoria’s hand, I presume her fiancé. Mike was skating with a very pretty woman and they both wore beautiful clothing. Maggie was doing twirls and occasionally pushing Ollie or pulling her father along with her.

“Are you warm enough?” Levy asked breaking me away from my careful observations.

“Oh, um yeah. Thanks for the jacket, Lee,” I said with a soft smile.

“You called me Lee,” he said with a huge child-like grim taking over his face. I hadn’t even realized I used the nickname, until he pointed it out.

“Yeah, do you have a problem with that,” I replied sarcastically.

“Not at all,” he said and grabbed my hand, leading me to the lake. “I’m not gonna let go of your hand, so don’t be concerned with falling.”

“I’m still gonna worry about falling. I’m on an unstable surface, hello!” I said cynically.

“I’ll catch you, tiger,” he avowed while staring into my eyes.

“Fine,” I huffed, giving in easily. We took the ice and it was a repeat of the last time I skated. My legs came out from under me, but Levy quickly caught me by my armpits and hauled me back up to standing. “I’m gonna have to get you back for all this skating one day.”

“I look forward to that,” he said with his infamous smirk sliding into place. I heard chuckling from behind me and turned to see Victoria sneering while laughing and her guy with a really grimy smile in place.

“Aww, poor little baby can’t ice skate,” Victoria said in a horribly annoying baby voice.

“Vicki, play nice,” said the man from beside her. He had slicked back brown hair and piercing blue eyes that scared the crap out of me. “Hello, I’m Craig Vanderbilt.”

He held out his hand and I shook it, trying to play nice, but his leering smile still didn’t feel right. “Hey. I’m Charlie Morgan.”

“A pleasure to meet you, gorgeous,” he rasped, I guess trying to sound seductive and placed a sloppy, wet kiss on my hand. Victoria was staring at her nails the whole time, not caring her fiancé was undressing me with his eyes.

“Let’s go skate, Charlie,” Levy said sternly from beside me. I nodded my head quickly and he led me away from the witch and her creeper. “I hate him,” growled Levy.

“Ewwy, he slobbered on my hand,” I griped rubbing my hand furiously into the new coat. Levy chuckled at my attempt to rid my hand of the germs. “God, that guy just committed rape with his eyes.”

Levy’s laughs were forced at my attempt at a joke. “Here let me introduce you to Antoinette,” He said while pulling me toward Mike and the gorgeous red-head.

“Anne, I want you to meet, Charlie,” Levy introduced. This woman was stunning. She had flawless porcelain skin, natural red hair and deep chocolate eyes. She also had a slight baby bump, but I don’t think anyone else noticed it.

“Hello, Charlie. It’s wonderful to finally meet the girl who captured little Levy’s heart,” she said with a slight French accent.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” I said with a slight blush.

Capturing hearts makes me blush now? Hmmm

“Mike, can we tell them. Before everyone else?” she asked Mike sweetly. He looked down at her with all the love in the world and I almost felt the need to turn away, it seemed so intimate.

“Of course, Annie. You two have to keep it a secret though,” Mike said directing his words toward Levy and I.

“You’re pregnant,” I said simply, knowing instantly what a soon-to-be mom looks like, after having to deal with them everyday.

“How’d you know?” Antoinette questioned astonished.

“Charlie’s a maternity nurse. She knows these kinds of things,” Levy answered with a proud smile. It made my heart flutter.

“How far along are you?” I questioned, guessing like fourteen weeks because that’s a typical time to start showing, but everyone’s different.

“I’m only eight weeks,” she replied sheepishly.

“I bet it’ll be a girl,” I said with a happy smile. I adored children, I don’t really know why though.

“I’d love that,” Mike said happily. “I’ve always wanted a little girl of my own to spoil. She’ll be a daddy’s little girl.”

“Congratulations,” Levy and I both said at the same time. “It was nice meeting you,” I said before Levy pulled me off toward our own little section of the lake.

“You’re amazing,” Levy murmured, while pulling me closer.

“Sometimes you’re pretty great too,” I said jokingly with a smile making its way to my lips.

“They all love you, you know,” Levy explained while rocking us as though we were dancing, but on the ice.

“Well, not all, but I’m not really concerned with making Victoria like me,” I said leaning my head on Levy's shoulder.

“That’s the way to go. Don’t ever let her get you down, baby,” Levy whispered.

“Baby?” I questioned with a gentle laugh.

This is kind of nice…

“My baby,” he answered quietly. We continued to rock back and forth until I felt the icy cold snow sliding down my face. Levy had been hit with a snowball in the back of the head and the remnants had attacked my face.

“Oliver!!” Levy shouted turning around but still holding tight to my frame. Ollie was hunched over laughing when he was suddenly hit with a snowball from the side. Maggie took off and Ollie was soon chasing her.

I brushed the snow of my face while chuckling softly. “You missed a piece,” Levy whispered causing me to look up. He captured my lips with his own before I could comprehend.

You know in those cheesy movie kisses when the guy and girl twirl in a circle while ice skating and the soft snow flurries come down as music plays in the background. This was my real life movie scene minus the music of course and there were people staring at us I bet, but it was pretty perfect otherwise.

I pulled back to whisper, “Did you get it?” Levy laughed and picked me up skating extremely fast in all different directions, as I heard Maggie cackling with laughter as Ollie tackled her, saw Mike and Antoinette kissing passionately, Levy’s parents looking on adoringly and Vicki and Craig looking on with disdain.

I’m pretty content…
♠ ♠ ♠
I personally loved writing this chapter!! Hope you like reading it!! I <3 WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE!!!

Here's a link to Charlie's outfit and it shows her tattoos!!

Please Comment and Subscribe