Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Wedding Tears

It’s been almost over a month now and I’ve yet to tell Levy my revelations. We’d gotten closer and went on quite a few dates in the mean time. Also, I’d turned down the multitude of dates Dr. Maser had asked me to go on. I feel like I can only attract overly persistent men.

Christmas was approaching soon, but before that was some very big news.

“So, I think you might dump me after this,” Levy trailed off as he sat at his desk. He was going through the finances for the bakery and it had him in a flurry. He told me earlier math wasn’t his strong suit, so I offered to help. Offering a man help, pshh. He looked insanely hot doing so, though. His hair was wild from his hands running through it and he had on his adorable black-rimmed glasses.

“You finally realized men are way more attractive and have jumped ships?” I questioned nonchalantly looking through a magazine Lee had left on his bedside table.

“Yeah, sorry babe, but that’s not happening anytime soon,” Levy chuckled as he spun around in his wheelie chair. “Especially with you in those shorts, damn.”

I had gone to the gym this fine Saturday morning with Nova. He quit about half way through, being the wimp he is. So I walked with him to Jeremiah’s place and then conveniently ended up at Levy’s apartment building.

“They are not that short, get over it Lee,” I argued. “So, why am I dumping you?”

“Um, well it seems as though a wedding has come up,” he mumbled as he pulled his glasses off.

“And you want me to be your date?” I asked, raising one eyebrow. “That’s not a problem Lee.”

“It’s Victoria’s wedding,” Levy muttered looking at me with big puppy dog eyes.

“Yes, I think I’ll dump you now,” I replied getting up from the bed and walking over to where he sat.

“Come on Charlie, please,” Levy begged pulling me into his lap. “I need someone with a sarcasm that will always cheer me up.”

“You know that’s not the point of my sarcasm. It’s supposed to be equivalent to me saying fuck off,” I explained running my hands through Levy’s messy hair.

“Pretty please with sugar on top,” he said sticking his bottom lip out. “I’ll do something extra super nice for you.”

“And what would this extra super nice thing be?” I questioned walking out of his huge bedroom and entering his even bigger kitchen. Levy followed me out a little while later.

“I’ll take you to see a concert or a show or something that you really want,” he bribed as I pulled myself up onto his countertop and he placed himself in front of me.

“I really want to see Buddy the Elf the musical. You know that’s my favorite Christmas movie,” I said picking up an orange from his bowl of fruit. Ha…bowl of fruit.

“Yeah I know, baby. We’ve watched it at least 20 times and it’s only the first week of December,” Levy said. “So, I’ll get tickets for the elf thing and you’ll go with me to the wedding?”

“That seems like a stretch,” I said and Levy gave me a look. “I guess so, Lee. But you’re staying with me at all times. I don’t want her sleaze ball fiancé to be anywhere near me.”

“Deal,” Levy smiled brightly, pulling me forward on the counter and wrapping his arms around me in a warm hug.

“So when is this wedding?” I questioned, returning to running my hands though Lee’s hair.

“This weekend,” Levy mumbled obviously not wanting me to hear.

“WHAT?” I yelled pulling myself out of his embrace and jumping of the counter. “Why in the hell did you not tell me earlier?”

“Because I knew you’d be mad and wouldn’t want to go. I was just waiting for the right time to tell you,” Levy said grabbing my wrist so I couldn’t walk away.

“Alright, fine we’ll go to this wedding-,” Levy cut me off.

“Wait, you’re just going to let this go?” he asked and I nodded. “What’s the catch, tiger?”

“No catch,” I said softly looking into Levy’s slate colored eyes. His eyes held compassion and yearning, for what I’m not sure.

“I l-you’re amazing,” Levy whispered changing what he originally was going to say.

“I know,” I whispered back and then broke out into a series of laughter.

************************************************************************

“Prick,” I whispered as yet another man asked me to dance at this wonderful wedding. My sarcasm is just titillating!

The ceremony itself was absolutely huge. They had it in this big ass cathedral in Vermont. Cathedrals in Vermont? I know. Anyway, the reception was even bigger. There had to be over 1,000 people here. It was all themed like winter wonderland and totally matched icy Victoria.

“May I have this dance?” someone asked me. They stood directly behind me since I was facing the huge dance floor and the tables were behind me.

“Listen, I’m just here wait-,” I turned around to see a smiling Ollie. “Ollie!”

I pulled him into a hug and didn’t want to let go. It’s the first time I’ve seen him since Thanksgiving. A scout came to one of his gigs and he was signed to Virgin Records. Ever since he’s been recording like a madman for his first album. Levy had to replace him at the Cookie Corner. He hired multiple people actually, including a few assistant cooks.

“Hiya feisty,” Ollie placed a kiss on my temple before pulling out of the hug. “Lee sent me to protect you from the dogs.”

“Where is Levy? He said he was going to get us drinks and then he never came back,” I said and then spotted the groom approaching us with a sleazy smile on his sleazy face. Sleaze.

“He’s with Maggie in the smaller ballroom,” Ollie replied sullenly. “Her boyfriend cheated on her, she just found out before the wedding.”

“Oh, wow,” I whispered, knowing exactly how she feels.

“I think Mags needs a woman’s point of view though and if you left right now you’d get away from Craig-douche,” Ollie said staring directly at Craig’s ascending figure.

“I think I’ll do that,” I quietly said, quickly giving Ollie a hug and then rushed off to my destination. With a gentle knock on the huge, foreboding door, I was instantly granted entrance. Before me was a tear-ridden Maggie and a furious looking Levy.

Levy’s expression dramatically changed when he saw me standing sheepishly in front of them. “You okay, Charlie?” he asked, walking over to pull me close to him.

“Yeah I’m fine, I came to check on you guys,” I answered softly, disentangling myself from Levy and pulling Maggie into a hug. She instantly broke into heart wrenching sobs. “Before I met your brother Mags, I was with a guy for a long, long time. He cheated on me and I took him back and then he broke up with me. Boys can be some of the cruelest creatures out there.”

Maggie looked up at me as her tears began to fade and she was left hiccupping and sniffling. “Ho-how’d y-y-you get through i-i-it?” she asked softly.

“Well, I had really great friends there to support me in the beginning and then eventually I met someone who erased the pain. Someone who made me feel like I was me again.”

Levy cast his eyes at me and I looked up at him, only to blush violently. “Who’s your someone?” Maggie asked her tears had completely stopped now and her hiccupping had slowed exponentially.

“Levy Michael Taylor,” I answered and was pulled back into Lee’s warm body. “He’s a pretty nice guy. Although he is stubborn as a mule and annoys the crap out of me. I think I’d be willing to go through that just so I could see his slate colored eyes and beautiful smile everyday.”

“When did you go mushy tiger?” Levy asked. He had a Cheshire cat grin on his face, so big it looked almost painful.

“I guess sometimes you just gotta let go,” I said pulling the both of them toward the door. “So I want all this free food to go to waste, I’m going to eat as much as possible and maybe swipe a piece of cake early.”

“There’s the tiger I know and love,” Levy said as he walked out the door with me.

“I’ll be back in a second, I look like a raccoon right now,” Maggie disappeared into a nearby bathroom and left Levy and I to scavenge for food.

It was almost the end of this God-forsaken reception when Craig finally reached me. “Well don’t you look ravishing tonight, Charlie.”

“Well don’t you look sleazy tonight, Craig,” I retorted to which he unattractively snorted.

“How about give me your wedding gift and dance with me,” he grabbed my hand, but that was short lived. Levy’s hand wrapped tightly around Craig’s wrist pulling him off.

“You’re lucky I don’t kick your ass right here for even looking at Charlie. I honestly don’t know what my sister sees in you, but hopefully one day she’ll be able to learn from her mistake and get rid of you,” Lee’s voice was sinister and chilling, but it didn’t seem to faze Craig in the least.

“Come on little bro, show some love and share your hoe.”

Obviously Craig’s comment set Levy off. I pushed myself flush against Levy’s body to keep him from attacking Craig. “Charlotte, move please.”

“No, he’s not worth it Lee. I came here because of you, not to see him. Just ignore the asshole and we cane leave early. We’ll say bye to your family and be on the plane ride home before you know it. Lee, please,” I begged while gently placing my hands on both sides of Levy’s face to keep him looking at me.

Levy took in a deep breath and then let it gust out. “You’re right, let’s say goodbye.”

We gave our farewells and exchanged hugs. Maggie was almost insistent on not letting me go, but eventually Levy and I made it back to the hotel we were staying in. Before I could say airplane we were already in the sky finally on our way back to New York.

“Thank god, we’re going home,” Lee muttered resting his head on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his soft, bronze hair. “Thank you for coming with me, tiger.”

“No prob handsome, but now you have to return the favor,” I said smiling softly.

“And how would I do that,” A mischievous smirk lit his features.

“Well, Lucy’s almost full-term and I’m god mother so I’ll have to be there for the delivery,” I explained. Levy’s smirk vanished, but was easily replaced by a soft smile.

“You want me to come with you?” he asked.

“Yeah, but can you handle my family again?” I questioned with a laugh.

“I love your family Charlie. I mean they’re a little eccentric like you, but they’re absolutely amazing none the less like you,” he replied pulling me into his body, which was kind of awkward since we were in the super tight airplane seats.

“Aww you’re just trying to butter me up,” I said pinching his cheek.

“Yes, so when I leave with your mom it’ll soften the blow. You’re mom is a fucking milf!”

“Eww, you creeper!” I screeched, but was greeted with a very angry looking flight attendant.

“Excuse me miss, please keep your voice down,” she barked before walking away.

I called a feeble ‘sorry’, leaving Levy and I to crack up in uproarious laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow...it's been forever...I'm so sorry :(

But I'm back now...thanks for the comments!! They're really what brought me back!

Soooo....here's a link to Charlie's dress at the wedding!!!

PLEASE COMMENT!!! I LUBERS YOU ALL <3