Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

New Year

December seemed to rush by after little Rudy’s birth. Christmas quickly came. I spent equal time with my best friends, my family and Levy and his family. Everything was peaceful and nice.

Levy had definitely become more than just some mystery man that I shacked up with after getting smashed. In the short span of four months, I found someone who genuinely cares for me. He’s not someone I’d ever be interested in normally. He has a say for everything and we constantly butt heads. But that only seems to make me love him more.

It was New Years, and the Taylor’s were throwing their annual party. I was forcibly told by Levy that I had to go. However, as a bargain I was able to bring Nova and Steph. They each brought their own significant other.

Michael and Barbara Taylor had rented out Planet Hollywood. Yes, all of Planet Hollywood. Who rents out an entire restaurant and bar? Well, the Taylor’s do, that’s who.

Anyway, currently I was sitting at a table with Cosmo in hand. Lee had to schmooze, according to his father. I sat with Nova, Jeremiah, Steph and Allen. We were aimlessly talking listening to the music playing and watching Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Years Eve, which was displayed on every television in the restaurant. There were people milling around, most of whom I didn’t even know.

“Charlotte, focus!” yelled Nova as he twirled his 2011 sunglasses around his finger.

“What?” I asked turning to look at Nova. My eyes had been wandering. I was hoping I’d be able to spot Levy somewhere among the crowd. After all, the minutes were winding down. I looked at my watch and realized it was 11:45. “I’m going to go look for Levy.”

“Do you want me to go with you?” Steph offered.

“Nah, it’s fine. I just want to find him before the ball drops,” I laughed lightly and stood up from the booth we were all sitting in. Luckily, I was on the outside so I could make a quick exit.

“Well, get back here soon, baby doll!” Nova shouted. I nodded with a small smile before I took off into the crowd.

So many bodies littered the restaurant and it was hard to get anywhere. I had to push and shove to even get close to the stairs, but there I ran into Ollie.

“Ollie, have you seen your brother anywhere?” I asked leaning in, so he could actually hear me over all the noise.

“Yeah, like a minute ago. He said he was getting a call from some magazine that wanted to put an article up about the 10 best eateries in New York. And they wanted to put The Cookie Corner in! It’s crazy, this is what Lee dreamed of. Having his own bakery and it taking off,” Ollie explained excitedly. “He needed a quiet place to talk to them, so he should be up in one of the VIP rooms at the top. I’m pretty sure he went to the one all the way at the end on the left. Last time I checked it was the only one open.”

“Thanks Ollie,” I said pulling Oliver in for a hug. I glanced at my watch to see it was 11:57. “Happy New Year, if I don’t see you again before the ball drops.”

“Same for you Charlie. This is going to be a big year,” Ollie replied happily, before disappearing into the masses. Secretly, I agreed. This was going to be a huge year, because when the New Year arrived...I was going to tell Levy I loved him.

I walked up the long winding staircase to the second floor. There were many doors scattered along the hallway. I walked to the very end and turned to the one on the left. I knocked gently.

“25, 24, 23, 22,” the countdown had begun. I heard no answer from the door, so I knocked again. I nervously pulled on my sparkly dress, waiting for an answer. Once again I received none. “10, 9, 8, 7.”

I pushed the door open to find Levy on the couch in the room. To my dismay he wasn’t alone. Instead he was lip locked with someone other than me.

The girl on top of him, turned her head to look at me and smiled victoriously. “Sorry, hun. This room is taken and so is your man,” Heather’s words were biting.

I was completely frozen as I felt my heart slowly shatter into a million pieces. “No, no Charlie this isn’t what it looks like,” Levy’s voice only caused me more pain. He scrambled up pushing Heather off of him and jogging to me.

“3, 2, 1….Happy New Year!” the crowd shouted, surely sharing kisses and hugs for the celebration.

“Tiger,” he whispered his hand reaching over to cup my face. Fiercely I pulled myself back.

“Happy New Year Levy,” my voice cracked as I turned and left the room. Levy ran after me, but all the gibberish coming out of his mouth was falling to deaf ears.

“Please, Charlotte,” he cried. I had made it all the way through the crowd and had reached my original table with the same people still sitting, contently. “I swear I would never ever do something like that. Charlotte!”

I grabbed my coat and looked up to lock eyes with Steph and then Nova. Tears glistened behind my eyes, but I dare not let them fall.

“What happened, Charlie?” Steph questioned as they all exited the booth. I shook my head and looked over at Levy. This would be the last time I’d look at him. My heart broke. I was too saddened to even consider being angry. I was done.

“Goodbye, Mystery Man,” I whispered. “Happy New Year everyone.”

I walked out of Planet Hollywood. Hailed a cab. Got to my apartment. And cried. Letting every piece of Levy leave my body, for that ship had sailed, without me on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh....dear that was sad :( I didn't like writing it but it needed to be done :(

Happy New Year everyone...hope your's was better than Levy and Charlie's...

Please Comment & Subscribe!! I <3 You all...here's a link to Charlie's dress