Broken Down on Memory Lane Alone, Together Alone

Your mum is probably better then chips.

It was finally finished. My newest painting of Batman and Robin, the best superhero’s in my opinion. I’d been working on that painting for a few days now, and was glad to be finished. It turned out rather well, definitely one of my better Batman paintings. I set it aside on my bed to dry as I began to pick up all of my paintbrushes.

“Rainn!” my door was thrown open to reveal John-o, who seemed rather excited, “put on some shoes and that new leather jacket I got you, we’re going to a concert!”

He looked at me expectantly; I just stared back at him like he had lost his mind. He didn’t even ask if I wanted to go, let alone if I was allowed. I was growing used to him and Liam doing this though. We’d grown quite close over the last two months. They took me everywhere with them.

“Now!” he clapped his hands, “chop chop, get a move on missy, we haven’t all day!”

“What if I’m-“

“I already asked your dad,” he said as he picked up my jacket and threw it at me, as he made his way to my closet to grab my sneakers, “now stop wasting time.”

I slipped on the jacket, before placing my brushes in my cup of water so they wouldn’t get ruined. I knew I wouldn’t have time to actually clean them, so that was going to have to do for now. My white canvas shoes landed by my feet, and I slipped them on. I assumed my black jeans and baggy white t-shirt were up to John-o’s standards, as he didn’t make me change out of them before dragging me out of my room.

I yelled my good-bye to my dad, as I was drug out the door to Liams 67 Chevy. I got in the, per usual. As soon as John-o shut his door Liam spun out of my driveway, and sped down the road. That was one of the things I loved about driving with Liam, he wasn’t afraid to drive fast. It was quite fun.

On the way to the bar that this gig was being held at, I was informed that the band we were going to see was called Fright Night. I didn’t give the fact that it was being held at a bar a second thought. Bars were a favourite place of Liam and John-o, so I had come quite accustom to sneaking in and getting smashed with them.

“Murph!” Liam cried happily as we entered the bar, he waved franticly at a group of men standing beside the stage.

They waved us over, looking just as pleased as Liam and John-o did. I was a little confused. I had thought I’d met all of their friends, but I guess I was wrong.

“Murph is the tall one with curly black hair,” John-o explained as we walked over, he obviously caught on to the fact that I didn’t know who we were about to meet, “the ginger is his brother Oli, and the blond is Kyle.”

“Thanks,” I smiled and gave him a quick friendly peck on his cheek.

“No problem,” he grinned as we reached the guys, “Murph, Oli, Kyle, this is our new partner in crime, Rainn.”

“Nice to meet ya babe,” Murph grinned and winked at me.

I chuckled, “likewise.”

“They’ve been on tour with Fright Night,” Liam explained, “Hence you haven’t met them yet.”

“Oh, are you guys in a band?”

Oli laughed, “nope, just roadies.”

We all continued to talk as the place slowly started to fill up. There was a decent amount of people in the crowed. So it was safe to assume the band was pretty good, or at least I thought so. I started to tune the conversation out as I observed the people.

It wasn’t until I looked at the stage that I shut down ever sense other then my sight. In front of me now was the most gorgeous being I’d ever laid eyes on. He was tall and thin, but from his lack of a shirt I could clearly see he was toned. He was wearing some of the tightest pants I’d ever seen, which was saying something. The way his light brown hair fell in his bright green eyes when he laughed made me want to swoon. I was in the presence of a bass-playing angel.

I was brought out of my trance when I was suddenly smacked upside the head by Liam. He looked at me encouraging me to say something. Of course I didn’t know what he wanted me to say, as I wasn’t paying attention. So I responded with a simple: “what the fuck was that for?”

Everyone laughed including my new crush, Liam just rolled his eyes, “Rainn this is Derek.”

So that was his name, “nice to meet you.”

He smirked and gave me an acknowledging nod as the rest of the band took to the stage. John-o started naming them all to me. The singer’s name was Steven, the drummer was Aaron, guitar was Mark, and lead guitar was Sonny, and I had just met the bass player.

I was right about the band being good. They were fantastic! The singer could really work the crowed. I was very impressed to say the least. After the band finished the guys proceeded to drag me ‘backstage’ with them, not wanting to leave me alone with a ton of drunken people, and not wanting to leave their friends just yet. It didn’t really matter to me, so long as I got to see Derek again. I wasn’t going to talk to him though; I didn’t want to make a fool of my self in front of him.

The guys were all dragging the bands equipment into the back of a van, and into a trailer that was attached to another van. Steven, Derek, Mark, and Aaron were helping the roadies stack things. Liam was also helping. And as soon as John-o and I reached the group we were also put to work.

I didn’t mind though, we did get in for free. And I liked the band. So it really was the least I could do. They were really entertaining guys, and they all seemed to like me. We all laughed and joked as we finished packing up the vans. It didn’t take as long as I had expected either. It was probably late though. And as much fun as I was having, I needed to get home sometime.

“John-o.”

“Yeah babe?” he looked over at me, eyebrows raised. He had been talking to Kyle, Steven, and Derek.

“I should probably be getting home soon…” I trailed off hoping he’d catch on.

“You’re staying at my house,” he grinned, “I already cleared it with your dad. But we probably should get going soon.”

I wasn’t sure how he got my dad to agree to that. But I wasn’t complaining. It was a Saturday night and I wanted to hang with my friends, rather then be stuck in my room reading… yet again.

“Where’s Sonny?” John-o asked as he looked around. I assumed he wasn’t just talking to me this time, as I hadn’t even formally met the guy yet.

“Probably out fucking some groupie,” Derek shrugged nonchalantly, though his voice gave away the slight distaste he had for the idea.

“Or getting high,” Aaron piped up from his seat on the back of the van.

“Wonderful,” John-o mumbled.

“Fuck all of you!” a voice suddenly called from behind me. Everyone’s eyes snapped in the direction of the platinum blonde, “I wasn’t fucking anybody, or getting high!”

“Then where were you?” Mark asked, arms crossed.

“I told you before I left, I was getting a drink at the bar. But I guess you were all too focused on the broad to hear me,” he sent a glare my way when he mentioned me, which certainly didn’t make me feel very liked.

I crossed my arms and sent a glare right back at him. I wasn’t sure why he didn’t seem to like me. I hadn’t even spoken to him. So I wasn’t going to let it bother me.

“Whatever dude,” John-o rolled his eyes as he took my hand and started to walk, “we’re going, so if you still want to crash at my place, I suggest you hurry up.”

Sonny slowly made his way to the car behind us. I took my usual seat in the back, and Sonny got in on the other side. It was awkwardly silent. It was really odd, awkward silence never happened when John-o was around. So it was an understatement to say it was a relief when Liam finally got in the drivers seat and started the car. Liam made small talk with Sonny, which lightened the mood.

When Liam dropped us off at John-o’s apartment, I was really contemplating asking him to just take me home. But John-o pulled me out of the car before I even had the chance to say good-bye.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” I whispered to John-o as he opened the door, “I don’t think he likes me, at all.”

“Yes, I’m sure this is a good idea,” John-o laughed as he pushed the door open, then whispered, “he just takes a little while to warm up to people… and to get used to.”

“Well… this place looks just as shitty as I remember,” Sonny laughed as he walked into the kitchen, “what do you have for snacks?”

John-o gave me a look and rolled his eyes before following Sonny, “popcorn and chips… maybe some cereal.”

“I think we should make some popcorn!” I cried excitedly as I followed them.

John-o laughed at my eager ness, where as Sonny just sent me a quick glare, “chips it is.”

“Chips’ll make you fat,” I grabbed a thing of popcorn and looked over at the blonde.

He rolled his eyes, “like popcorn wont.”

“Popcorn is probably better for you then chips,” I countered.

“Your mum is probably better then chips,” he mumbled as he opened the bag.

“That’s disgusting,” I looked at him coldly, “and my mums dead.”

Sonny looked almost like he wanted to apologise. But I could tell he wasn’t going to. I just crossed my arms and shook my head.

“I think popcorn sounds like a lovely snack,” John-o piped up and took the popcorn from me, “I’ll make it.”

“Whatever,” I shrugged, “I’m just gonna go to bed.”

John-o nodded in understanding, “you can take my room, down the hall first door on the left.”

I gave John-o a good night hug before leaving the room. I wasn’t tired, but I wasn’t in the mood to deal with that man. I’d never been so easily pissed off by anyone before, but something about him just got under my skin. He had an arrogance about him that made me just want to punch him right in his pretty face.

I pulled off my jacket and pants when I entered John-o’s room, and climbed into his messy bed. I closed my eyes and wished sleep would over take me quickly. I just wanted this night to end so I could go home.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very big thank you to Spider Blossom for commenting ^-^

Sorry the ending sucks :/