Girl I Know

Chapter 13

Aubrey walked up to Blade’s door and knocked as hard as she could. She could hear rustling around inside and when her son answered he looked a little surprised to see his mother standing there.

“Mom!” he sobered up quick.

“I need to speak with you so get rid of who ever else is in there and meet me down stairs in the restaurant in 15 minutes” she never gave him a chance to respond before walking away.

Lucky for him he showed up as she requested 15 minutes later and walked over to the table where she sat. She had already ordered for the both of them.

“What’s this about?” he asked as he looked over the rim of the glass of orange juice she had ordered for him.

“You know what this is about”

“No, I don’t so, why don’t you just come out with it and tell me”

“Ok. Fine. Melody is gone”

His hand stopped in mid air as he was about to put his toast in his mouth. “What do you mean she’s gone?”

“She left in the middle of the night by herself when everyone was sleeping”

“What? She just left?”

“Yes and now I want to know what part you played in it”

He set his toast back down on his plate suddenly not having an appetite.

“Blade, she left a note and part of that note said she never wants to see you again. So, I can only assume that you must have done something to her to make her feel that way because that girl treated you like you were the air she breathed.”

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore” To say he felt guilty was an understatement.

“This is serious, she didn’t take her insulin with her. Do you even know what could happen to her out there alone?”

He refused to look at his mother as every thought imaginable was going through his head right now.

---

The bus

Stormy and Brian had retreated to the back room at Matt’s insistence while Matt made a few phone calls to some of his friends to help track down Melody.

“Why Brian?”

“Why what?”

“Why did you let this happen?”

“I didn’t let this happen, Stormy. I don’t want my daughter to get her heart broken. I know how guys like him are, because I was the same way. We’re selfish and do things without thinking and before we know it we’ve hurt the people we love the most and I don’t want her to get hurt so I stopped it before that could happen.”

“How nice of you, did you ever take into consideration that maybe you hurt her even more then Blade ever could?”

“Stormy don’t. Don’t do this to me, I feel bad enough as it is, I don’t need you to put the final nail in my coffin”

“Oh really, well fine. I’ll just go now since one of us should actually give a fuck about where our daughter is.” She started for the door and the anger in him was starting to rise.

“Don’t you dare say that I don’t care about my daughter.”

“Ok fine, I won’t say it, but you can’t stop me from thinking it. Now, if you don’t mind I have to book a flight home so I can go make sure MY daughter is ok because her father is Synyster Fucking Gates and he doesn’t have a worry in the world!”

“STORMY, GOD DAMN IT!” he shouted and made her jump. “ You want a fucking divorce?” He picked up the papers and signed them right in front of her and threw them at her feet. “You got your fucking divorce”

He walked out of the back and headed up to the front of the bus where he sat and smoked a cigarette. Stormy ran out of the bus in tears and went into the hotel to get a taxi to the airport.
--

Blade sat in his hotel room and tried calling Melody over and over again, but she never answered her phone.

He gave up on calling and tried to text:

“I’m sorry. Please call me, we’re all worried”

But she never replied. It was anybody’s guess how he was supposed to be able to play the show tonight and manage to concentrate on his music.

--
Meanwhile………

“So you just quit?” Legend asked his wife who was picking on a muffin while the sat having brunch in his hotel room.

“Yeah, just like that!”

“I’m proud of you” he smiled and put his arms around her from behind her. “I wish I could have seen it though, you’re sexy when you’re mad”

She laughed and put her hand on his. “You should have seen my dad’s face”

“Well, right now, I just want to see your face. How long are you staying?” She turned around to face him and gave him a series of quick pecks on the lips.

“Well, since I no longer have a job, I guess there is no rush for me to go home.”

Legend put his hands on her face and looked at her like he wasn’t sure what she said.

“You’re going to stay?”

“Yes” she nodded.

“That’s the best news I’ve heard all day” He kissed his wife and then broke the kiss and jumped off the bed to run towards the door.

“Where are you going?” she asked with a hint of laughter in her voice.

He simply held up the do not disturb sign and showed it to her before opening the door and sticking it on the knob outside. When he closed the door again, he ran back to the bed and tackled Seven. No one saw either of them again until show time.

--

Melody….

I walked through my front door and ran for the kitchen to take a “fast acting” shot to get my sugar down. I cannot believe I was that fucking stupid and forgot my insulin. Thankfully, the flight was only an hour. I’m pretty sure my parents are throwing a major shit fit right now.

“I’m home and I’m fine” I sent my mother the text message and put my phone back down. She was the only one that I was going to give any consideration. I can only imagine the fight between her and my father. I hope he got what he deserves.

I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and walked into my room. After throwing my bag on my bed, I sat at my desk an opened my laptop. I bit into the apple while waiting for it to boot up so I can check my e-mail. I had 11 new e-mails and after I weeded out the spam offers to enlarge my penis I was down to only 4. Gotta love it when the spam filter doesn’t work. Two of the e-mails were reminders from teachers about the assignments due when the first quarter starts in the fall. I can’t wait til college starts again. One e-mail was just a forward from Seven with funny pictures and the last one was sent today from Blade.

I battled with my mind for a little while. Open it…don’t open it…open it. Delete it! Fuck it. I opened it. I sat there and took a few more bites of my apple while staring at the name in the from box: Blade D. Baker. Finally, I found the nerve to scroll down and read the actual e-mail.

Melody,

I don’t know if you are checking your e-mail from your phone or not. I wouldn’t know because you aren’t answering your phone or responding to your text messages. Part of me thought that when I saw you on the tour bus for the first time that you had actually changed a little bit. I guess I was wrong. I guess you are a still that spoiled little girl who stamps her feet and cries when she cant have her way. I should have known better.

While I do hope that you make it home safely, I also hope that you grow up.

Blade


He had some nerve to be angry with me for leaving. It was his fault that I left. It was his fault for telling me that he loved me too and then for ignoring me and giving his attention to some groupie slut. Well, fuck him. If he can take what we did and reduce it to a one-night stand, then I have a newsflash for Blade. He isn’t the only man in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Per your comments, nope Melody is not the coma victim. I can see how you would think that with her being a diabetic, but that would be too easy ;)
Diabetes does hit close to home for me so that is why i put it in the series.