‹ Prequel: Keepsake
Status: Finished

Burning Desires

So Sensitive

Matt talked to Jade for what seemed like a short period of time, but in fact, it was way past midnight and the club was going to be closing. They played twenty questions. He had to pay money to keep her around because she was requested a lot by others. Jade gave him her number and he gave her his.

“Call me some time and we’ll go to the recording studio, so you can know where the magic happens,” Matt smiled at her.

Her laugh rang in his ears like music. “I’ll be sure to, Matt. My friends are never going to believe I know you.”

“I’m better than that fucker Gabriel, right?” Matt joked.

“Way, way better,” Jade smiled.

Matt pecked her cheek and walked away with his friends. His friends gave him a hard time going back home. No one would say anything to Val though. Everyone knew to respect each other’s privacy.

“She’s hot,” Zacky said.

“Yeah, I mean in the picture it was one thing, but to actually see her… hot damn!” Brian laughed.

“Shut up, she’s more than legs and a walking vagina, guys,” Matt growled.

“Ooh, someone’s getting upset,” Jimmy said.

“You should just respect her, man,” Matt said.

“We do, it’s just guy talk, Matt,” Johnny pointed out.

“I invited her to the studio,” Matt smiled.

“Did you tell her you have a girlfriend?” Brian asked.

Matt didn’t say anything as he drove.

“Ah, you left out something vital, Matt, what if she has a thing for you and you’re giving her false hope?” Zacky asked.

“It’s not serious! We’re just friends!” Matt shouted.

“Okay! If it was you wouldn’t be so sensitive about it,” Brian pointed. “Since I’m single, I will gladly take over.”

“Over my dead body,” Matt said to himself and no one else heard him.

“Huh?” Brian asked from the backseat.

“I said, you’re not her type,” Matt said.

“What is her type then? I’m a freaking shape shifter, I can be anything,” Brian joked.

Matt sighed. “She’s…into guys with more than just… looks.”

“I’m not as dumb as I act, Matt,” Brian said.

Matt knew he shouldn’t be acting all possessive. He wasn’t sure about his feelings towards Jade. It was clear before, but ever since he met her and knew she was close he just had to know and the more he knew her the more he liked. He liked her laugh, her eyes, and how smart she was. She just wasn’t a girl with looks, she had the brains. She knew how to keep a conversation without bringing up shoes or purses.

He liked girls like that.

Matt dropped off each of his friends and headed home. He parked the truck and took out an Axe from the glove compartment and sprayed some on him. He didn’t want to smell like the strip club when he came home to Val.

She didn’t know about it and he wanted to keep it that way. He checked that he had no glitter on his clothes and got out of the truck and into his home. He walked up to the second floor and was met by his adorable dog Bella, who was just a year old. Matt ruffled her head and did baby noises. A light was turned on and his eyes made contact with Val’s. She wore a silk gown that looked really good on her.

“Hey,” she said, “stayed this late at the studio?”

Matt nodded. “We were in a zone.”

Val chuckled. “Come to bed,” she said.

Matt nodded and walked over to her. Val closed the door after he walked in leaving Bella outside, but it was always like that when Val and Matt wanted to do more than sleep. Matt kissed her and his thoughts went to Jade for some reason. He kissed ‘Jade’ harder and more passionate.

Val’s giggle brought him back. It wasn’t Jade. He cursed himself for thinking of another woman while having his own. It never happened to him.

Matt woke up the next morning next to Val. Last night was pretty good, one of their best sex nights ever. Val woke up complaining how she was sore, but in a good way. Matt chuckled and pecked her lips.

“I have to go to the studio, baby,” Matt said. “We’re almost done with the album.”

“I understand, baby,” Val said and pecked his lips. “Are you coming home early or late?”

Matt thought about it. “Uh, I’ll call you to let you know.”

“Okay, me and Michelle are going shopping with Leana and Lacey, it’s a shame Brian and Michelle broke up. I really thought they would be good together,” Val said as she got out of bed.

Matt laughed. “Two cheaters going out? Nothing good would come out of that, Val.”

Val laughed. “Oh, I guess you’re right.”

Matt got up and took a shower, when he walked out he checked his phone to see if he got any missed calls, but there was nothing. When he went downstairs to eat breakfast, he checked again, but there was nothing.

He was waiting for Jade’s call. He wanted to see if she needed a ride. Matt thought about calling her. He finally got the guts when he was in a red light. It rang about three times before she answered.

“Hello?” she sounded sleepy.

“Oh, shit, Jade, did I wake you? It’s Matt,” he said embarrassed.

Her soft laugh made him smile. “Nah, I was already awake, I just didn’t want to wake up. Thanks for making me though.”

Matt laughed. “Anytime, I--uh… was calling to see if you needed a ride to the studio.”

“Actually, I have a job to go to right now, but I’m free on Tuesday,” Jade said.

“That’s when we pick the album cover, I think you’ll that process,” Matt said.

“Sounds like fun, I have to go shower, we’ll talk later?” she asked.

“You bet,” Matt said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe, peeps :D

Image