‹ Prequel: Keepsake
Status: Finished

Burning Desires

Tell Me

I walking down the street standing outside Emo's brought back a lot of memories, I hadn't been in Texas for so long I guess I didn't realize I was now calling it my home. My family hadn't spoke to me since I had left with Gabe a little over three years ago, and now I wished I'd been more kind to them than I had been but right now knowing that Brian was on his way to see me made my stomach fill with butterflies and my heart began to pound inside my chest with anticipation. I looked up at the sign as it was lit up in red and black, the words intricatly spelt in some font I didn't know. The pavement beneath my feet was warm as always, I looked up at the sky not really expecting to see stars but hopping for a sign for the high power I knew exsisted somewhere to tell me the right path.

“Jade....”I heard his smooth voice say from behind me, I slowly turned around to look at him. His fedora sat on his mess of black hair, his eyes lined with eyeliner and he had a bit of a fice o'clock shadow, he wore a purple fit t shirt with some black jeans and some shoes I don't know the name of.

“Brian...”I said to him stepping to him and throwing my self into his arms crying hystercally, I couldn't believe I didn't see it before I knew it now, I knew what the sign was and it was Brian the whole time. I felt his hand run through my dark brown hair which I had taken time to straighten from its previous frizzy state.

“Hey, do-don't cry....”He said to me softly as he kissed the top of my head gently, his hands holding me close to his warm body, even though the heat index was probably about one-hundred degrees farenheit being close to him still made me want to be even closer.

“I'm so sorry, I-I was stupid but I...I do care for him and I can't change that but what I feel for you is something so much more....”I whispered quickly as I looked up into his brown eyes, I rested my right hand on his cheek my thumb stroking his face slowly. “I should have seen what was right in front of me the whole time...”I whispered.

“Jade...I don't even know what to say...”He chuckled making me laugh a little, I rested my head on his chest sighing contently at the safe feeling that emitted from being his arms.

“You don't have to say anything, just hold me...”I whispered softly as I closed my eyes soaking in the feeling of his arms around me. I felt like one of those girls in those teen movies where she goes after something thats not ever going to be within her grasp then realizes the one thing she needs is right in front of her very fucking eyes.

The next morning I woke up in his arms, and I'd have to say its the best feeling in the world knowing that this person loves you as much as you love them, it makes your insides turn to mush and your eyes stay glued to them as they sleep beside you. I sighed a little then closed my eyes slowly in attempt to go back to sleep.

“I'm awake...”He said to me softly his voice rumbling deeply with sleep.

“Hm, good...I am going to make you some breakfast...”I whispered to him softly, he sighed a little.

“I wish you could but Matt wants to talk to you soon. He just called.”He said to me seriously, I looked at the wall beside me and let out a small sigh. I was hoping I would be able to avoid this as long as possible but it seems this is the point of no return and I had to face it now or it might come and bite me in the ass later.

“Alright...when?”I asked him sitting up in the bed.

“He said at about noon, its eleven thirty now...”He said to making me groaned and hop out of the bed just because I didn't want to have this talk doesn't mean I wanted to be late. I wanted more than anything for Matt and I to be best friends nothing more because I had Brian and thats all I truly need to be happy.

“I'll give you a ride...”He said to me as he pulled his pants and shirt on, I placed his hat on my head.

“Hm, looks better on you than it ever will me..”He said grabbing my waist in his large hands.

“You think so?”I said giving him my best seductive face which made him grin. “

“Most deffinately.”He replied to me as he pressed his lips onto mine gently, they were sweet yet firm as if telling me how much he loved me with a simple gesture.

“I wish you would come with me...”I whispered to him when we pulled apart.

“You two need to talk, alone, I know nothing will happen I trust you.”He said to me kissing my forhead, I walked over to my closet pulling on my sneakers. I was wearing a tank top and shorts that frayed at the end because they were once upon a time pants.

“Okay, I'll be back soon.. I'll drive you stay here be comfortable.”I said to him pushing him back on the bed, he handed me his keys.

“Take care of my baby...”He said to me, I smiled kissing him then walking out the door. I took the elevator down then walked over to his car, I then remembered I didn't know where to meet him but it seemed that Brian already thought of that because he was now calling me.

“Hey uhm where am I meeting him at?”I laughed a little, I heard him chuckle.

“Where we met last night...”He said to me, I nodded to myself.

“Alright, bye love you.”I said then hung up my cell phone, I started the car and slowly pulled out. So many things were running through my mine I just didn't know what to do with all my thoughts at the momment. I pulled into a parking spot, I saw Matt standing under the Emo's sign. I climbed out of the car slowly began my way over to him.

“Matt...”I said softly, he turned to me smiling a little then he rubbed his face.

“Hey.”He said and brought me into a hug, not just any hug a tight bear hug one you give to your friends that you havent seen in years kind of bear hug. I smiled and hugged him back tightly then let go.

“Brian said you wanted to talk to me....”I said softly, he nodded a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
SOOOO sorry I had no exscuse so here is the c hapter :D