‹ Prequel: Keepsake
Status: Finished

Burning Desires

The Day

It was the day of Matts wedding, I was nervous, but not for the reason you're thinking. I was nervous because my hair was being impossible today and I wanted to look my absolute best. but my hair was just being its normal self. Only working when I didn't really need it to, pushing thr brush through my nearly black hair I gazed at myself in the mirror.

Was I ready to let this go?

You have no choice, Jade...you have too.

But...I know...you're right...


I was talking to myself again, something I'd been doing a lot of lately that made me seem like a crazy person but I actually wasn't I was just feeling a lot at once. I don't know how healthy that is but, whatever. I heard Brian walk into the room where I was getting ready all the others girls were in the room wtih Val but I had gotten ready with the guys , well all minus Matt.

"You alright?"He asked me and I nodded a little, I stood and kissed him.

"I love you..."I whispered softly.

"I love you so much more..."He told me making me giggle, he wrapped his arms around my waist, I buried my face into his chest. He smelt good, like axe and pine, I loved that smell on him. Brushed some hair out of my face he brought his lips down to mine, the door opened.

"Guys its almost time..."He said, Brian was the best man so I'd be sitting in the pews alone next to some of Matts family. I began to wonder if they would hate me, would they sense that I had tried to take Matt from Val, and failed.

"Its going to be okay...dont think so much..."He said kissing my forhead, he walked to me to my seat. I smiled at Matt and waved, mouthing 'Congrats.' I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped.

"I'm Matthews mother."She introduced herself and I smiled.

"I'm Jade.."I said shaking her hand.

"Oh I've heard about you..."She smiled a little and I laughed nervously.

"My son spoke with me before he came down here, he said you two were in love, and still are but know it would never truly work out...A tragic shame it is, but I see you've made another man truly happy..."She said motioning to Brian and I nodded.

"I love him, Brian I mean... I love Matt too but...its just...not the same.."I said nervously and she nodded a little.

"I understand...maybe I'll be at your's and Brians wedding soon."She said and I looked at her shocked as she sat back in her seat behind me, I turned forward looking at Brian smiling, I think I like the idea of being with him forever....
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its so short! I've been behind on my writing since my laptop fried. D: