Status: Spotty

Say the Last Goodbye

XxX 5 XxX

I was cleaning the tables and putting up the chairs. Naomi, one of the cooks, was helping another person in the kitchen. My feet ached but i ignored it and went to go and grab my purse form the employees back room.

"I'm leaving guys!" I informed everyone who was still at the bar.

"Bye!" Everyone yelled.

I gave a quick look at my phone a i walked out the door into the black, warm night. 3:12 A.M. and i wasn't even near being tired.

"I still should sleep though..." I muttered to myself.

"Hey, Katie!"

My body froze. Run! But i ignored my instincts. Feet pattered closer to me.

"It's Brian." He said, closer now.

I hardly relaxed an instint. "What?" I asked turning around to look at him in the dimly faded light.

"Can i get a ride home?"

"Why?"

"The guys took off without me when i fell asleep on the beach."

"Call them."

"I tried. No answer."

"Your girlfriend?"

"Same."

"Why wouldn't she answer?"

"I dunno. Probably having sex with someone." He gave a laugh.

"That's not something to joke about."

"Sorry...Please can i get a ride home??"

"Fine."

{$$$}

The ride was exceptionally short but very awkward with few attempts at small talk. I drove along the rode to Brian's house. "There it is..." Brian trailed off.

"You okay there, bud?" i looked over at his face dimly lit in by the truck's controls and radio.

"Yeah, i just don't know whose truck that is..." Confusion and suspision coated his words thickly.

"I'll wait for you out here just in case it's now someone who is supposed to be at your house at 3:30 in the morning."

"Thanks."

Brian slid uneasily out of the truck adn walked to his house. I watched him open the door before catching the light on the upper level flash on. Someone was hurriedly doing something but the curtain's only gave faint outlines.

Then I heard yelling. Fuck!

I jumped out of my truck immediately after taking the keys with me. The yelling got louder and then hit me like an ocean wave when i set foot int he house. I followed the yelling to see Michelle in a sheet and some guy trying to get his pants on.

brian was red faced while trying to not hit michelle. I could tell that he was trying really hard. I went to the closet and saw a few off his shirts and a dark blue duffel bag. The bag was empty so i threw the few shirts i found into the bag adn ran over to the massive dresser near the wall and looks hurriedly through the drawrs and found his underwear drawer and pant drawer. I grabbed a few jeans and some boxers and socks.

I felt a hand grab my arm. Instictively, I turned around to hit whoever touched me in the face but i saw that it was Brian and he looked as if he was going to fall apart.

"Let's go." I stated easily.

He nodded before grabbing something from his sock drawer. Money.

"You're staying at my house because i have a spare room. You can only stay a few days so that you can figure things out."

He nodded.

All grudges I had against Brian Elwin Haner Jr., disappeared as i held his hand to guide him to my truck. He was about to fall apart right in front of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?? Thank you for reading Btw