Mirror

Chapter 7

Ethan led the way and held the door for us, Vin got in first and Ela next, then, me.
“Welcome to our new and improved garden/yard” Ethan said smiling. The moment I look up, déjà vu just hit me on my head. I look around, digesting every detail.
“It looks exactly in my dream” I whispered almost breathlessly.
“What did you say?” Ethan asked in confusion. I whirled my head to face Ethan. I hope he didn’t hear me, because that would’ve been awkward and weird.
“Nothing, I said it’s beautiful just like a dream” I backed up smiling at him. He stared at me for a couple of heartbeats, then, he smiled as if he just made sense out of it. That’s when I noticed that Vin and Ela are gone. I looked around and saw Vin raiding the buffet table and Ela was at the garden looking and studying the variety of flowers in the garden. –she has a thing for flowers
“Trina, would you be alright by yourself? Mason’s calling me –one of Ethan’s friends- to go over their table” Ethan said as if he’s upset. I look around where he pointed his friend’s table; I saw Mason and his other friends that I never knew the name.
“Yeah, I would be absolutely alright” I smiled at him as sweet as I could hoping that he wouldn’t be upset as he looked like he is. Then Mason and his other friends waved and called him. He looked at them, then back at me. I mouthed ‘go’ and half pushed him. I didn’t really mind anyway. As soon as I saw him approaching the table, I decided to roam around. This place looks exactly like in my dream, only, this time there are people around. I went inside the maze-like-type part of the garden, I walked to one of the bush of roses, white roses, but the next bunch are red ones, alternate, cool. I smiled to myself. I’m not into flowers like Ela is, but I like roses, especially white ones. I touched it.
“Ow!” I groaned. I got cut by one of the thorns. “Beautiful and Fragrant, but you can’t touch it freely, hmph!” I pouted.
“That’s a nice way to put it” a voice suddenly said in response to what I said. I was startled by this man’s voice that I swayed so hard my dress got stuck in one of the thorns
Great! Just Great!
“I’m sorry I startled you, here, let me help you” Mystery Man said -lets call him that- already walking to me. He touched my dress with utmost care. He gently lifted it as if he’s in a surgery. Then, he tries to untangle the dress from the thorn carefully trying not to make more damage to the dress. I just stared at him, watching him intently as he do such a thing. Wondering who this man is, why is he doing that? Being kind and all that stuff. If he was just any other boy, he would’ve just said ‘sorry about that’ then leave or something. But he didn’t, instead, he helped me to untangle the dress, and apologized for startling me. Maybe he isn’t just any other boy. After what seem like countless hours, he finally got the dress off. Then, he stood up and faced me. He has this captivating smile and enchanting eyes. I wonder who he is.

~Andraste’s Perspective~

Party to celebrate a new garden. I’ll never understand why humans bought it. It’s a good cover anyway, so I’ll accept.

Maybe you’re wondering what the hell I’m talking about? Well, first of, my name is Andraste Caste. I’m a prince. Yes, you read right, I am a prince, a prince of an unknown world. This world is called Mirror. There are three kingdoms. The Mysque, Meek, and of course, my kingdom The Mist. We existed many years ago, but we are invisible from the watchful eyes of the humans. We are not exactly what you call “normal”. Yes we have the looks, the emotions, the feelings and everything, except, we have capabilities that humans doesn’t have. We can do things humans can’t. First of, unlike the humans, they can freely choose their name. In our case, our name is very important. When a baby is born in the Mirror world, he/she shows her “abilities” a few minutes right after he/she was born. With what the baby have shown as his “abilities” he would be named by it. Like me for example, Andraste means invincible. Although I haven’t shown my invincibility when I was a baby, a future seer was seeked in those kind of cases, to see what the child would have as his name based on his abilities. In some cases, a child is unnamed until it shows; some parents want to be sure rather than ask a future seer. When I was 5, my powers did show. When my father is introducing to me how to fight, he asked a soldier to playfully fight me. While playfully fighting the soldier, out of instincts I suddenly attacked the soldier and in response h replied my attack, because he was surprised of my actions. We battled for a few minutes and I won. Everyone was wide-eyed when the saw me made the sword of the soldier fly. Of course, I myself was surprised.
Anyway, I believe that Trina, the woman that I am trying my HARDEST to be close with but nothing seems to go right, is a Miran (that’s what people in the Mirror is called). I’m just not sure about her friends. I have a plan for tonight by the way, and that’s to get closer to Trina. I’ll do my best to succeed. At the end of summer I have a plan for the 5 of us. It would be a great opportunity for everything to be explained and everyone to be enlightened. I’m sure Trina is having so many hardships she’s going through right now, if she is a Miran. Especially if Its happening.
“Hey Ethan, have you seen Trina?” I asked Ethan as I walk in the garden. He was talking to his friends when I approached. I nodded to some of them.
“She’s off somewhere. I left her awhile ago, then she took off someplace else” Ethan said.

Where the hell could she be? I walked around the garden. I went to the buffet, but only seeing Vin there eating like a pig. I’ve always liked him, but sometime his just annoying and disgusting, but over all, his fine. I walked to him.
“Hey man, have you seen Trina?”
“Yeah, I think she’s in that maze-thing garden of yours”
“Oh, cool. Thanks”
I wandered around the garden looking for Trina. After a few minutes, I finally recognized her from afar. It looks like she’s talking to someone, although I couldn’t make out his features, so I can’t figure out who it is.

~Trina’s Perspective~

“I’m sorry again for the dress, I bet that’s new” he apologized again. Rather than saying ‘okay’ I asked instead,
“How did you know its new?”
“Well, you still got the price tag on, and its kind of showing” he pointed at my back,
how come I didn’t notice this earlier?? So embarrassing!
I quickly peeled the tag off. Right then, and there I felt my face getting warm and forming all shades of red, good thing it’s dark. He chuckled slightly
“What’s so funny?” I asked nervously. Maybe he saw me blushing.
“Nothing, I haven’t even introduced myself and I’m already making you uncomfortable with my comments”
“Oh,…” was all I could say. That’s polite.
“By the way, the name’s Ale-" he was interrupted suddenly.
“What are you doing here Alexo?” Andrei suddenly butt in. “I could see you’ve met Trina” Andrei continued.
“So that’s your name” he smiled looking at me, although it doesn’t seem a question but rather a statement. I really love his smile.
“Yeah, now you know her, you could just fuck off” Andrei said calmly but with a hint of annoyance in his voice
“Really Andrei? fuck off?, nice choice of words” I snapped “Nice meeting you Alexo..” I turned towards Alexo, then smiled sweetly “..but you..” I faced Andrei “..not so much” I scoffed.
I just walked out and went back to the ‘main’ part of the garden, hoping to find my friends and cool off. I wasn’t really angry at Andrei’s choice of words. Who am I his mom? I snapped cause he was being rude to Alexo when, his been really polite to me and nice, unlike that stupid Andrei, Ugh! I hate him.
“Trina! Over here!” Ela called. Finally, somewhere without negative vibes in the air.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long...
i really suck at updating :D
comment!
subscribe!

oh... and thank you to

MissNonpareil

for commenting and finding out that there are other filipinos here :)