Status: Mildly Active

I Want Her

Jessica's Care Taker

I slowly let my guard fall. Eric was very satisfied, his aura feeling plump and full and warm. I looked down to see if I was going to have to change my shirt, but Eric had kept to his word. Eric slipped out from under me, and I was about to ask if there was anything else he wanted from me, when the door was suddenly flung open. Eric strode around his desk, leaning against it in a casual way. In strode Bill, dragging the terrified red headed girl from the night before.

Vampirism was defiantly new for her. I was tingling with her feelings. Everything was intense and new. She felt wild and free, but most of all, she felt hungry. It was nothing I’ve ever felt before, it wasn’t like human hunger. It rumbled in every tissue of her muscles, her every other emotion was hunger. I let in less, her feelings were making me want to pounce on something.

She wore the same unflattering dress she wore last night, though now she was covered in dirt. As Bill stood still, she snatched her wrist from his grasp, and walked back over to the door. She leaned against the door frame, staring out at the accumulating people building in the bar. Eric looked mildly amused.

“She’s your punishment, not mine. What am I supposed to do with her?” Ask Eric, with his eyebrows raised.

“Excuse me, I can hear you Mr. Rude” Snapped the girl. “I wanna go to the bar, I want to be one of those dancers! Oh, I’m hungry.”

“She won’t listen to me” growled Bill with impatient irritation. “And it will take more time than I have to teach her obedience.”

“I don’t obey anybody, those days are over!” said the girl, looking over her shoulder. Bill turned away from her, and sat beside Eric, smoke practically coming out of his ears.

“You can’t handle one little girl Bill?” said Eric, a tiny smile playing on his lips. “New ones can be like this. Man up, my friend, she’s not even one night old.” Eric said, patting Bill’s shoulder and standing straight, and beginning to remove his leather jacket.

“That is not the issue!” said Bill, fuming.

“You want to stay with your maker, don’t you?” Ask Eric, addressing the new vampire.

“No, he’s a dick. Dick, dick, dick.” She said, making a face at Bill. Eric chuckled, amused.

“But, you’re cute. Can I sit in your lap?” asked the girl, suddenly taking on a cutesy flirtatious persona.

“No.” said Eric simply.

“Why? Nobody let’s me have any fun, fuckers!” she yelled.

“Sit down, and shut up” said Eric, power ringing in his every syllable. He didn’t have to yell, we all felt his age, his authority. The girl fell silent, and began to storm over like a defeated child.

“Close the door” said Eric, and the girl huffed, obeying him. Eric shot me a little glance, before returning his attention to Bill. “See, you have to be tough with them, or they’ll walk all over you.”

“I am well aware of that, but you can see how she is! And there are urgent matters to which I must attend” Said Bill, looking ruffled.

“Sookie Stackhouse?” asked Eric. “Haven’t you done enough for her?” I felt Eric get excited, apparently thinking about this Sookie person. He wanted to taste her; I felt it through his emotions. He wanted to do other things to her as well.

Bill glowered. “If any harm would have come to her during my absence, you would be-“ The room instantly tightened, malice and danger radiating so strongly form Eric, I knew I wasn’t the only one who could feel it.

“What?” Eric said low and dangerous, practically daring Bill to finish his sentence.

“…without her helpful skills.” Finished Bill wisely.

The new vampire suddenly decided she could no longer contain herself, and she ran to the door and started to bang on it. “Let me out, I wanna do something bad!” Bill held his fist in front of his mouth, thinking hard.
“I would be in your debt” he said in a low voice. “I would return the favor.”

“Oh yes you will. You most defiantly will” said Eric, looking up at the new vampire beating on the door. “Jessica” he said louder, apparently addressing the new vampire girl.

“You don’t have to yell at me” she said, looking over her shoulder.

“How would you like to learn how a real vampire feeds” said Eric, looking at her from under his eyebrows the way that he does.

Jessica lit up with excitement and wanting. “Oh, yes sir. Please, sir.” She said, her eyes bright and eager.

Eric smiled lightly. Bill looked uncomfortable. “See? It’s really quite easy.”

“Thank you” said Bill, before quickly slipping out of the room.

I looked from Eric to Jessica. He was studying her intently. He was agitated, and weary, but his face would never show it. The Eric’s eyes fell on me.

“Rory” he said, and my heart pounded. He’d never called me by my name before. “You will be Jessica’s care taker for the duration of her stay. You will keep an eye on her, and make sure she doesn’t do anything… unfavorable. Come to me when she’s hungry” said Eric, taking one last good look at Jessica before gliding soundlessly out of the room.

“But I’m hungry now” Jessica whined, digging her fingernails into her palms. The she looked at me “I don’t need a fucking babysitter. Are you even a vampire?” She said snottily.

“No, I’m not. And Eric told me to take care of you, not be your baby sitter” I said, standing. I was slightly woozy from the feeding, but I was fine after a second or two.

“Then what makes you so special? If you’re human, you can’t stop me from killing you right here and now” she said, walking up to me. Her pupils dilated as she got close enough to smell the blood that lingered on my throat. “I’m so hungry” she whispered, and her fangs flicked out.

“Oh!” she said, surprised. Her hands flew up and she felt her new fangs. “That’s new.” When her attention was brought back on to her prey, I was already out the door and into the crowded bar. I looked around and saw Pam and Eric, sitting in a big chair overlooking the whole bar. I threw up my guard and hardened it as much as I could. The room was swimming with wanting and lust. Every feeling in there was sex related. Slowly, I made my way through the many people dressed in tight leather clothes and corpse paint and fake fangs, until I came before Eric.

“Eric?” I said quietly, knowing he could hear me, even over all the loud talking and music. He nodded. “She’s hungry. Really hungry.” I said.

“Pam?” Eric, said, looking away from me and back at the lustful crowd. Pam nodded, and glided away to Eric’s office. “Sit.” He commanded me, and I did.

“Did she bite you?” he asked, his feelings numb to me because I didn’t want to let in all the sexual desire. I shook my head. “Go talk to Chow. He’ll tell you about bartending.” Eric said, his eyes drifting away from me and back towards the wannabes. I nodded and walked towards the bar.

Chow was behind the bar, pouring a drink for a leggy woman with frizzy auburn hair. She looked at me with distaste, then took another sip from her margarita. I sat before Chow watched his hands. They moved very quickly, and jerkily, like a jumping spider. “Eric want me to teach you bartending?” Chow said, glancing up at me. I nodded, and Chow waved me behind the bar. I stood and walked around the woman seated at the bar, and slid in beside Chow.

“Now watch me. I’ll give you a mixed drink book at the end of the night.” I stood behind him, watching him carefully as he zipped around the bar, mixing drinks for the customers. I watched for about an hour, sometimes making a popular drink, sometimes moving to the storage room to get some more gin or vodka. When a vampire would come up to the bar, Chow would have me fix their TruBlood, microwaving it and testing the temperature. It was served 98.6, and it was very warm in my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, this one was fun. I had to watch the show as I wrote it so the dialog was right. Very amusing describing Bill's face and feelings. :) Enjoy! Please leave comments.