‹ Prequel: Love Is Only a Myth
Status: the sequel to Love is Only a myth. Comments help me write faster people. Hope you like it.

Fantasys don't last forever

Five

Alexis’ POV

I sat there copying the notes in Mr. Tucker’s class. I still couldn’t believe that I had said that to him, in front of the whole class at that. It was completely unlike me. Both making out with Anthony in class, and telling Mr. Tucker that it was okay. If it was just a student I wouldn’t have cared but I had just told my teacher that it was okay for me to make-out with my boyfriend in class. I had to admit that it was more embarrassing to get caught by Mr. Tucker than it was for the class to see us making out.

I gave Anthony a side glance and saw him reading a text message on his phone. He looked stressed and rushed, as if he was pressed for time. Why would he be pressed for time?

I shook it off and went back to my notes. He can text whoever he wants to text. It’s not really any of my business.Well at least not yet anyways.

I continued to take my noted and tried not to pay any attention to Anthony texting. The more that I saw him pull out his phone and the more that he got frustrated with the text messages the more I wanted to know who he was texting. It took a lot of my will power not to lean over and ask him who he was texting. He was right there, within range for me to ask him too, but I didn’t. As much as I wanted to, I didn’t.

Anthony eventually stopped text but still looked frustrated. Not only that but he also looked guilty. That’s what made me furrow my brows. Guilty, people don’t look guilty unless they’ve done something wrong.

This is what made me want to know who he was texting even more.

The bell rang signaling that it was the end of the school day and the end of class. I slowly gathered my stuff together as my class rushed out of the door. I looked to my left and noticed that Anthony was already gone, great way not to look suspicious. Note the sarcasm.

I heard Mr. Tucker clear his throat as I walked pasted his desk. I stopped mid-step and took a deep breath. Here comes the lecture. I turned around to face him and smiled as if nothing was wrong.

He looked up at my from the papers that he was grading and shook his head. He set his pen down on his desk and folded his hands together. “You know Ms. Jacobs” he began.

“You’re one of my top students. Not just in the class. I’ve noticed that your grades have been beginning to slip. Now I’m telling you now before you get too far behind. Maybe you should focus more on your studies instead of Mr. Blackwood. You have an immense amount of potential, and I would hate to see you throw it all away for a boy”

“Okay, Mr. Tucker I’ll try and make sure that it won’t happen again” I promised. Despite me being an artist I like genetics. It’s another subject that I’m good in. I know that my grade is at least a low A or a high B.

“But I don’t think that I’m slipping your class” I corrected. I didn’t see a B as slipping. I saw that as passing but not having a perfect score.

“Well….” He said as he pulled out a paper on his desk. He handed the paper to me that turned out to be the quiz that we had last class.

My name was in the top right hand corner letting me know that this was my quiz paper. On the top left hand corner of the paper in bright red ink, was a 71%. A low C, I had gotten a low C on a quiz. It wasn’t what I usually get but it’s still passing. “Well this isn’t exactly--”

He handed me another quiz cutting me off. In the corner of this quiz in bright red ink was a 64%. This was barely passing. This meant that I was 5 points away from a high E. The part that made this situation worse was that this quiz was on asexual reproduction. I just gave a lecture on it yet I got a D on my quiz.

“You and I both know that these aren’t the grades that you usually get in my class” he pointed out. I simply nodded my head. There was nothing else for me to say. I couldn’t lie and say that I didn’t know that material because I clearly did and proved it earlier.

“Now from what you told me earlier in the class…” I couldn’t help the blush that was slowly rising to my cheeks as he reminded me about the incident. “I know that you know this. Now I can’t give you a make-up test for the second quiz, but I can for the first one. Tomorrow afternoon after your last class”

I nodded my head and handed the test back to him. “I’ll be here. And thank you Mr. Tucker”

“Just try to stay focused in class more often” he said before going back to grading papers. I nodded my head once more as I left his classroom.

Great my grades are slipping. My senior year is the year that matters the most, and my grades are slipping, all because of Anthony. Well not exactly because of him, but he’s one of the reasons.

But I can’t just brake up with him. I love him too much for that. After everything that we went through, braking up over something like this is just ridiculous. Correction, it’s beyond ridiculous, it’s just stupid.

The hallways were practically empty now. There were only a few students left. They were either holding a conversation or walking around. I continued to walk quickly towards the door when someone called my name. I turned around to see Chris walking my way.

“That was some show you put on in Genetics. That has to be the most interesting class today” he complimented.

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes and smile. “Somehow I knew that you would say that”

“And why is that?” he questioned while folding his arms across his chest.

“Because you’re a guy. And now you’re going to use that excuse to make out with some girl in the middle of class” I explained with a smirk.

He shrugged his shoulders at me. “You never know. I might surprise you and not use it. How about that?” he joked.

I laughed and playfully pushed him. “You’re not funny”

Chris and I started walking down the hallway side by side. We were talking about nothing, but enjoying every minute of it. Being best friends, we can talk about nothing and enjoy it. I have to admit that that’s one of the reasons why Chris is my best friend. He’s just entertaining.

“So I guess you guys just texted each other for the rest of class instead of making out?” Chris questioned.

I shook my head no as Chris and I walked down the front steps. Chris furrowed his brows together as he stared at me. This only made me want to know who he was texting even more. Other people noticed that he was texting and thought that it was me. Only it wasn’t me.I wish that it was but it wasn’t.

“Really?” he questioned. I nodded my head once more. “Oh. I just thought that since he said that it was a girl I mean—”

“Wait, it was a girl” I interrupted. I stopped walking and turned to face Chris. I wasn’t angry at the fact that he was texting a girl. I don’t care about whether he talks to girls or not. I talk to guys so he can talk to girls.

But there was something in the back of my head telling me that it wasn’t just some girl. There was something telling me that there was something different about this girl. I didn’t know what it was but I knew that it was something.

Maybe the fact that Anthony looked frustrated while he was texting her was the reason why I was a little mad. Maybe it was the fact that he looked guilty when he was done texting her. Maybe I was angry because he practically ran out of the classroom, without talking to me.

Nah, it was one of the first two reasons definitely.

“Did I say girl?” Chris questioned.

“Yes you did”

“Well what I mean to say was….grill”

I used my left hand to hold my books while I put my right hand on my hip. I raised an eyebrow at Chris. Was that the best lie that he could come with. A grill, that doesn’t even make since.

“A grill? He was texting a grill?” I questioned.

“Psh, no that’s impossible. I thought you knew better Lex. What I meant was he was texting a guy about a grill” he lied. Chris was a decent liar but when it came to lying on the spot, he was horrible.

“Sure he was” I replied while rolling my eyes. I couldn’t believe that he actually thought that that would work. It had to be one of the worst lies that I have ever heard, and I’ve heard a lot.

Chris patted my head before walking off. I turned around and eyed him suspiciously. Something was going on that someone wasn’t telling me.

And I plan on finding out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I know that the chapter is short but I was having writers block.

Oh and I put pictures up of the charecters.

I would really like it if someone made a banner for one of my stories. Either this one the Eric spin-off, or love is only a myth. I don't excatly know how to make one so I hope someone will make one for me.

Comments=Next Chapter