‹ Prequel: Love Is Only a Myth
Status: the sequel to Love is Only a myth. Comments help me write faster people. Hope you like it.

Fantasys don't last forever

Nine

I walked down the hallway towards the weight room knowing exactly what I was going to do. I was going to see Anthony and find out what was wrong with him. He may be working out just to be working out but somehow I don’t think that’s true. I have a feeling that he’s working out to get his mid off of something, or someone. Either way, there’s only one way to find out.

I reached the weight room but decided to go over to the window instead to make sure that he was in there first. I stood in front of the window scanning the room. My eyes landed on Anthony’s figure across the room. He was wearing a white wife-beater and a pair of red basket-ball shorts.

He was as usual on the bench press. This time there wasn’t anyone spotting him as he continuously lifted and lowered the bar. His biceps flexed as he lowered the bar to his chest.

I sighed as I watched him. Even from afar I could tell that there was something on his mind. I didn’t know what he was thinking about but I knew that I had to find out. I hate seeing him stressed out about something.

I walked back over to the door, and scanned my card so that I could get in. I opened the door and scanned the room for Anthony. My eyes landed on him still in the same place. I smiled before walking over there.

I crossed my arms over my chest and stood in front of him. He had yet to notice me since he was into what he was doing right now. He has a tendency to zone out when he works out sometimes, so I didn’t mind. I was enjoying the view actually. His biceps were still flexing every time that he raised the bar from his chest. I could tell that he had been working out for a while because he was sweating. The sweat had caused his white wife-beater to become see through, revealing his amazingly sculpted chest and 8-pack. I’ll admit it, I’m not only in love with him, but his body too.Sometimes I do worry though that he may be too perfect.

“Need a spotter?” I finally spoke after a few more seconds of admiring.

Anthony set the bar on the handle before looking at me. I smiled and put one of my hands on my hips. He smiled before sitting up on the bench. There was sweat on his forehead as well causing his hair to look somewhat stringy and wavy. All in all it was hot. “Hey babe” he replied.

I smiled and uncrossed my arms. I walked over to the bench and sat behind him. Of course he had to scoot up so that I could do this. I had one leg hanging over the bench and the other folded on its side. “What’s wrong?” I questioned.

“Why do you think something’s wrong?” he retorted.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck while putting my chin on his shoulder. “Because I know you, and you always work out when you’re stressed. So what’s on your mind” I spoke.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Just thinking…or trying to stop thinking” he said while mumbling the last part.

“What about?” I questioned. He fell silent, which gave me a hint to what was on his mind.

“It has to do with Joy, doesn’t it?” he fell silent once again.

“Babe, you don’t have anything to worry about. Just stop thinking about it, trust me everything is going to be fine” I reassured. Apparently, she was causing stress for both of us just by her being here. Why the hell was she even here in the first place. Couldn’t she see that neither he nor I wanted her to be here.

“I get what you’re saying but why does she have to be here. First, she randomly have to start calling me once we start going out and now she just shows up. What possible excuse could she have for being here?” he spoke.

I was a little taken back by what he had said. So, she had been calling him before she decided to come. I ran my tongue across my teeth and sat up, keeping my arms around his neck. “She’s been calling you?” I questioned.

“Well…yeah but nothing serious. It’s not like we had a conversation or anything. She’s just called and I didn’t feel like answering”

“Hm” I replied while pursing my lips. I leaned back a little and took my arms from around his neck. “Maybe I should have a little talk with Joy since she wants to talk oh so much” I said as I stood up.

Anthony then grabbed my waist, stopping me from going anywhere. He slowly pulled me down so that I was sitting in front of him. “Babe don’t it’s going to be fine” he whispered in my ear. He was so close to my ear that his lips grazed it. I felt a shiver go down my spine at how close he was.

“There’s no need to do anything drastic okay” he reassured.

“I guess” I muttered. I then crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. “But I still don’t like the fact that she’s here”

Anthony chuckled and kissed my shoulder. “Have I told you how cute you are when you pout?” he flirted.

“Oh no you don’t, we’re not starting that” I sternly spoke. I knew exactly what he was doing, and what it was going to lead up too. I was not going to let that happen.

“Starting what?” he questioned. I could tell by the tone in his voice that he really didn’t know what I was talking about.

“This. You start flirting with me, I flirt back and then we start making out and we’re not doing that right now” I explained.

“Well why not. That doesn’t sound like a bad idea to me”

“Of course it doesn’t and it’s not a bad idea it’s just the fact that….you’re all sweaty” I said laughing the last part.

“I can deal with you holding me but I don’t what you completely pressed against me when you’re sweating, and you’re going to start to smell soon” I joked. Even though I was joking, I was completely serious. I didn’t want to make-out with him if he was already sweaty,it kind of defeats the purpose.

Anthony then snaked his arms completely around my waist. He pulled me back so that I was now leaning against his sweaty wife-beater. Normally I wouldn’t have minded leaning against him but now he was covered in sweat.

“Ewe let me go” I giggled as I tried to break free of his grip.

This only made Anthony tighten his grip around me. I sighed and gave up. I did lean forward slightly so that I wasn’t leaning directly against him though. “See now that wasn;t so hard now was it?” he whispered in my ear again.

Once again a shiver ran down my spine. Familiar goosebumps started to form on my arms from how close he was. My heart started to pound in my chest, and I felt as if it was going to jump out of my chest and fall onto the floor. No matter how long I dated him or how close he got to me, I would still have the same reaction to him. The only difference was I just got better with dealing with my reaction.

“You’re such a tease sometimes” I muttered under my breath.

Anthony laughed and squeezed my arms. “Only around you” he whispered once again.

“You better be, you flirt” I playfully threatened.

“Of course. I wouldn’t have it any other way” he said before kissing my cheek. I felt the heat slowly rush to my cheeks. The spot where he had placed his soft lips was tingling.

“Awe aren’t they cute together London” a familiar voice said.

I resisted the urge to groan at the sound of her voice. Why did she have to show up now of all times? She was just here to ruin everything wasn’t she. I took a deep breath before looking up.

I found myself looking up at London and Joy. London was wearing a black sports bra and small blue shorts. Her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail and she was chewing gum. Joy was wearing a pink spaghetti strap tank-top with black cheer shorts. The top half of her blonde hair was pulled up into high ponytail, while the bottom half continued to fall down her back.

“Adorable” London sarcastically replied with a roll of her eyes.

I resisted the urge to scowl as I stared at her. Figures that London would be here with her. Lately, everytime that I see Joy she’s with London. Anyone who hangs out with London cannot be good.

“Hey….you two” I plainly replied. I didn’t want them to be here. I never wanted London to be around, but this was pushing what little patience I had for her. Joy, I didn’t exactly know her so I don’t hate her, but I would rather that she’s not around right now either.

“Hey, Alexis…right?” Joy questioned. I simply nodded my head to show that she was right. She sent me a smile showing her pearly white teeth. “Well London, we better leave these two alone, we don’t want to interrupt anything”

“Too late for that” I muttered under my breath. Anthony chuckled and squeezed my waist causing me to let out a small shriek.

London raised her eyebrow while Joy simply continued to smile. They started to walk away when Joy suddenly turned around. “Oh Anthony I really need to talk to you after lunch, it’s kind of important” she said with a small smile.

I tensed up once the words left her mouth. What the hell did she have to talk to him about? Anthony noticed how tense I suddenly became because he then squeezed my side again. “What about?” he asked.

“It’s a little private” she said while shifting her gaze to me then back to him. I raised an eyebrow, what does she have to say to him that she can’t say around me? Not only that, but why does she need to talk to him about something private?

“Um…okay…I guess” he hesitated.

“Great” she smiled “See you then” she turned around and started walking away again.

This only made me tense up more. Just like that I was worried again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you guys think about Joy so far? (even though i know most of you guys hate her)
What do you think she has to talk to him about?

Comments=Next Chapter