Status: currently writing (:

I'm Falling to Pieces

Guitar

I yawned as I combed my long black hair. I wasn’t making much of an effort. Ellie kept me up all night on the phone talking about Darrel. It was nice to see her happy but, come on! I needed sleep. I glanced in the mirror, and then towards the clock. I sighed slowly. Looks like I’d have to skip the makeup today or I’d be late. But really, who was there to impress anyways? I shook myself out of my daze. Ellie was probably waiting at the door. I ran downstairs to meet her.

“What took you so long?!” She asked, “We’re going to be late!”

“Sorry…” I mumbled, “I got distracted.”

“Well come on then!” She said, walking in the direction of the school.

I followed. Once I caught up with her she smiled.

“I have some news!” She said happily.

“Oh, do tell.” I replied, giggling a little.

“Well,” She started, “I was talking to Darrel, and he agreed that this Friday there’s going to be a party at his house!” She let out a little squeal then looked over at me. “Aren’t you excited?”

“I’m not sure…” I trailed off.

“Oh come on Bri!” She whined.

“I’ll think about it.” I sighed, hoping that would satisfy her. It did.
We walked up to the school now. I had English first period.
“I’ll see you later Ellie.” I said as I walked off to my locker.

  

The bell rang after last period and all I could think about was getting home. I walked as fast as I could to the shortcut through the park. Then I slowed down. I raised an eyebrow and listened carefully, someone was playing music. I walked past the clump of trees towards the sound, and peered out from behind one of the tree trunks. There he was. Axel, strumming his guitar and singing. I couldn’t help but smile. He was quite good. As I listened to his voice sing the simple melody, I let my thoughts wander like I usually do. I knew he was a jerk, but this sort of loosened my opinion of him a bit. I mean, how many guys actually sit at a park and play guitar? Then I thought about Darrel’s party, They were best friends, which meant he’d probably be there. I imagined him grinding and making out with every girl he saw. I rolled my eyes and shook off the thought. His voice interrupted me.

“You know I can see you.” He said smiling slightly. He was now standing in front of me.

“Heh…sorry” I trailed off. “I was just…”

“Spying on me?” He laughed. “We’re not 5 Brielle, just come over and talk.”

I looked up at him. Part of me still wanted to know more about him.
Besides, he was acting like less of a jerk today. I fiddled nervously with my friendship bracelets. “Fine.” I said at last.

“Score!” He said excitedly.

My face turned into a frown. This is exactly why I didn’t want to talk to him. He seemed to notice this.

“Hey, I’m only joking!” He said, “Why don’t we sit down?”

He lead me toward the park bench as he lit up a cigarette.

“So…” he said before taking a long drag, “Darrel seems to really like Ellie.”

Great just what I needed another person who wanted to talk about Darrel and Ellie. I don’t know how Darrel even made conversation with him! But I supposed I should make an effort to at least say something.

“Yeah I-” He cut me off.

“Sorry, that was a shitty conversation starter, you probably hear enough of that from Ellie.” He began, “Anyways,” He glanced down at my wrist. “Hey cool bracelets!” He said.

“Thanks I replied, each one has a story behind it.”

“What’s the story behind that one?” He asked, pointing to a simple pink and blue braided bracelet among the group.

I smiled slightly and looked at him, his eyes were gorgeous. I shook the thought away. “Well,” I started, “When Ellie and I were younger I remember us climbing that tree over there.” I said pointing to the almost bare tree across the browning grass. “Being the clumsy person I am, I fell out of the tree and scraped my knee.” I laughed slightly
“Ellie made it for me so I’d feel better.” I glanced up at him again, slightly embarrassed that I’d just said all this to a person who only moments ago I’d hated.

“That’s actually a pretty awesome story.” He started, “ I bet I could learn a lot about you from these bracelets.”

He touched my wrist then. The almost electric current of his touch tingled up my arm. Don’t blush, Brielle, Don’t blush. I thought.

“Why don’t you tell me about some more.” He smiled.

“Some other time.” I replied, “You’re quite the talented guitar player.” I said trying to take the attention off myself.

“Thanks,” He said, taking a final drag from his cigarette and throwing it on the ground. “Of course, I didn’t need you to tell me that.”

This time, I knew he was joking, even if his sense of humor was in the wrong place, at least he was trying. Guys didn’t talk to me that often.
I rolled my eyes and laughed sarcastically.

“Okay Mr. Bigshot, let’s see what you’ve got then.” I added.

“Alright but you asked for it!” He laughed. Then he picked up his guitar and began to play.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to update, I've been under alot of stress! Let me know what you think! (: