Status: currently writing (:

I'm Falling to Pieces

Party

“Relax Bri, you look fine!” Ellie said soothingly.
I had gotten a sudden case of nerves right before we were about to leave for the party. I smiled gratefully at her and turned towards my mirror. I had a cream colored, floral printed tunic top on with leggings and a pair of metallic gold flats. My long black hair cascaded in loose curls down my shoulders, and my makeup was simple. Just some mascara to make my eyes pop and some nude lipgloss.

I tugged at my friendship bracelets and turned back to Ellie, she had a little black sequined dress on with heavy eyeliner. Her bleach blonde hair really stood out; she looked like a rockstar. “Lets go.” I said.
She smiled widely and began to ramble on about all the fun we’d have, talking me straight out the door. When we were walking down the sidewalk to Darrels, my thoughts wandered to Axel. For some reason, I couldn’t wait to see him. After last night in the park, there seemed to be a whole new side of him I was just dying to discover.

Ellie’s voice broke my thoughts as usual, “You ready?” she said giving my hand a squeeze. We were now walking up the walkway in front of Darrels house.

I smiled at her, “Yeah.” She gave a little squeal and opened the door.
So this was Darrel’s party. Loud, drunk partygoers grinding against each other to the pulsing music. I took a deep breath and we walked inside. Ellie, still holding my hand, made a beeline straight for Darrel.

“Hey baby!” He said over the loud music, giving her a kiss and pulling her in to dance with him. She happily obliged, and let go of my hand.
His eyes met mine and he gave me a head nod. I smiled politely and moved through the crowd over to a wall I could lean against. Once alone, I surveyed the room again, this time in more detail. There was couples making out all along the walls, people going off into side rooms, and many rowdy people who were obviously hammered out of their minds. I sighed and just hoped that Darrel would take care of Ellie.

“Hey Brielle!” slurred shouts came from people I’d seen in the hallways at school. I smiled and nodded. Finally, I let myself sink into the music, the beat pulsating in my chest. I felt good. Moving further into the crowd, I started to enjoy myself more and more.

  

We’d been here for a few hours now, some people had left, and new ones arrived. I didn’t know exactly what time it was, and I didn’t know where Ellie had gone either. I tried not to let that bother me too much, there hadn’t been a party this good in a while. I wanted to make the most of it. I felt like I was really coming out of my shell. That’s when I felt a pair of unfamiliar hands grab my hips and pull me close.

“Hello there sexy…” He slurred, trying to sound alluring, “Why don’t you come with me?”

I looked up at his face; He had short brown hair and dark eyes. I’d never seen him before in my life, and he was obviously shitfaced.
I tried to protest “I…”

“Shut up and listen!” he shouted, tightening his grip on me.
My heart raced, and I looked around in panic. Everyone around completely ignored what was happening to me. It was at that moment I knew what I had to do; he was pulling me even closer.

“STOP!” I screamed and kneed him right where the sun don’t shine.
He looked shocked and stumbled backwards, towards a crowd of people. I needed to get out of here, I pushed my way though the crowds of people as fast as I could. As I passed a table of drinks I picked up a full one and chugged it. That’s when I noticed a small patch of night sky shining in. Yes! A door. I opened it and ran outside.

It was quiet. My breathing slowed and my heart rate calmed.
Darrel’s backyard faced onto the park, A familiar and calming space for me. Slowly, I walked down the steps of his deck and made my way across the yard to the gate that led out to the park. There, in the soft light that radiated from the nearby streetlights, I saw a masculine figure stumbling across the dead grass. He was coughing; he then vomited and stumbled back onto the bench. Motionless. One name ran through my head, Axel.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys! sorry I haven't writtin in a while. I tend to procrastinate. I love you all and I hope this chapter makes up for it! ♥ I'll try to be better about updating from now on. (: