Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Forty-One: “So Much To Question.”

Chapter Forty-One: “So Much To Question.”

“Hey, Lis?” Frank came to me one day.

“Yo.”

“Mom and dad wanna see us. Do you wanna go out to dinner with them Saturday night?”

“All of us?” I asked.

“No. Just you, and me.”

“I don’t know. Have you been talking to them?”

“Yeah. They’re wondering why you never wanted to talk to them.”

“You never told me you were talking to them.”

“Sorry. It’s only been a couple weeks.”

“It’s ok. Why not Tyler?”

“I thought it would be best if we got reacquainted with them first. If you wanna bring him, it’s fine.”

“Nah. You’re right. Best to kinda get to know them again. Yeah, I’ll go with you. Saturday?”

“Yep. They wanna go somewhere nice, so…”

“Ugh, you gotta be kidding. I have to dress up? Yuck.”

----Saturday Night----

“Lisa? Damn, you look hot,” Mikey said, peeking in the bathroom.

“Shut up,” I laughed.

I had on a black knee length skirt, and a red blouse. I was finishing up my hair
and makeup.

“Ugh, I hate wearing these kinds of clothes.”

“Well, you know what the good thing about skirts is?” He came up behind me
and held me.

“I bet I can guess. Easier to get into, for you.” I laughed.

“Oh yeah. So, why are Emily and I staying home?”

“Frank just wants us to get reacquainted with them before we start introducing them to everyone. Next time.”

“Ok. Frank said to tell you he’s ready to go.”

“Tell him I’ll be right down.”

A few minutes later I headed downstairs. Frank was sitting in the kitchen, wearing dress clothes. Damn, he looks different. Whoa! Hey there, Lisa. Mikey, Mikey, MIKEY!!!He looked up at me and was ready to drop his jaw. We said bye, and headed out.

“We must really be going somewhere nice,” I said. “I’ve never seen you this dressed up.”

“Same with you. They just better have normal food.”

“Ha ha ha. Yeah.”

We drove for a while, when we finally got there. It was like a rich person’s restaurant. Very fancy. We just hoped they had normal food, cause we were both hungry. We walked in and said who was waiting for us. They told us where, and we headed in that direction. We saw them, sitting and talking. Mom looked up and saw us. Her jaw nearly dropped. Then Dad looked, and he smiled. I was nervous, because there was so much to question. What were they going to say to us? What were they going to ask us? Would we all be able to forgive each other?

“My babies are all grown up,” Mom said.

“Hi, mom. Hi, dad,” I said.

They got up and hugged Frank and I, then we sat down.

“Well, you too both look great,” Dad said.

“As do you,” I said.

“So, how come you didn’t bring the little one, or Mikey?” Mom asked.

“I don’t know. Frank said we should kind of get reacquainted first. You can meet
them next time, or come over sometime,” I said.

“How is the little one. What was his name? Taylor?”

“Tyler,” I said. “He’s great. He’s so smart.”

“Yeah, he beats me in games,” Frank said with a laugh.

“Well, it looks like both of you have your heads back on your shoulders. I’m
glad,” Dad said.

“Me too.”

“Yeah, things are getting back to normal. We just both try to forget about what happened. Everybody knows, and they don’t bring anything up, so, it’s all cool,” Frank said.

We talked over our dinner. It was nice to get to know them again. I thought that something would go wrong, and we would end up fighting. Although, I always think of the worst possible things. We were there for about three hours, just talking about the last nine years.

“So. How about dinner next weekend?” Mom asked.

“Yeah. Sounds nice,” I said.

“Yeah. Maybe next Sunday you can come over and meet everybody,” Frank
said. “I’ll bring Emily to dinner.”

“And I’ll bring Mikey and Tyler,” I said.

“It was nice seeing you again,” Dad said.

“Yes, nice to be a family united again,” Mom said.

We said our goodbyes and headed for home. Frank and I talked a little bit during our ride. Now I really was believing that everything was going back to normal.