Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Forty-Two: “Parents Can Be Deceiving”

Chapter Forty-Two: “Parents Can Be Deceiving”

“Mikey! Are you almost ready!?” I shouted through the bathroom door.

“Almost.”

I was getting Tyler ready while Mikey camped out in the bathroom. He was probably straightening his hair. I wondered if Frank was acting the same way with Emily. I thought about going to check on him, but their room was on the other end of the house. I pulled out my cell phone and sent him a text message. Waste of money, but I didn’t want him to say it out loud if he was. A few moments later, I got one back. A little bit. You?I sent him the same thing, although honestly, I was loosing my mind. Would they like Mikey? Would they like Tyler? What would they think?

“Ok, Tyler. You’re done. Ooh, my baby looks so handsome.” I gave him a hug.

“And you look very beautiful, mommy,” he said.

“Thank you. Now if your father would hurry up.” I turned my head towards the door. “Mikey, come on!”

“I’m coming,” he said, coming out.

“My other baby looking so handsome,” I said.

“And you’re one hot mama.”

“So that’s where Tyler got that from. He said that to me once.”

“I told him to.”

“Guys?” Gerard appeared in our doorway. “Frank and Emily are waiting for you
guys.”

“Kay. We’re coming.”

We went downstairs and headed out the door with Frank and Emily. We then
were on our way. We arrived at the restaurant and found my parents. Introductions were made, and they seemed to really love Tyler. They also seemed to really like Mikey. I got a little upset when it seemed like my mom looked a little disapproving of Emily. Mikey and Frank must’ve noticed, but we all ignored it. I was talking with Emily most of the time anyways. I was also sending text messages to Frank. I don’t think we should invite them over tomorrow.He looked at me as if to ask why. You saw how mom looked at Em. We should wait before we invite them.He looked at me and gave a short nod.

“So, did you want us to come over tomorrow?” Mom asked.

“Actually, we’ve got plans. We were all gonna go out and about. I think Gerard has to get his oil changed, and yeah,” I said.

“Oh, well, it’s no big deal. Just give us a call when you want us to come and visit. How about we do dinner next weekend. Maybe a place a little more casual?”

“Sure. All of us?” I asked.

“Yeah. Why not.”

“Cool.” I looked over and saw Tyler and my Dad coloring on the kids menu, playing tic-tac-toe. “Tyler? Are you having fun with Grandpa?”

“Lots. He’s letting me win.”

“Yeah, he was like that when we played that game.”

We all talked some more, and finished eating. Then we were on our way again,
heading home.

“I don’t think your mom liked me,” Emily said.

“Just ignore it,” I said. “Frank and I both were closer to our dad than our mom.”

“That’s why we didn’t invite them over tomorrow,” Frank said. “My mom does that to everybody. My little high school romances. She’s looked down on every one of them. I think it’s because of me. Ever since I got my first tattoo, and my lip pierced, she’s been on my case.”

“Oh. Well, what’s wrong with me that she doesn’t like?”

“I don’t know. She’s weird. But, you don’t have to worry, because no matter what she says, I’ll never leave you.” He put his arm around her.

“Awwwww,” I said. “Yeah, Em? Don’t worry about our parents. They’re weird, well, Mom is. Dad’s cool.”

We got home and chilled the rest of the night. Although, it was funny when some of the group got drunk and started playing Twister. Now that was funny. And it also looked like fun. I put Tyler to bed and rejoined them. I started to have some drinks myself and joined in on the game. It hurt though when Frank fell on me and ruined a good game. I didn’t shout it out for him to get his hand off my ass. I wanted to, but it would be weird. I pushed my way out and watched another group of four go at it on the mat. Eventually I got bored and went to bed.