Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Forty-Six: “Nothing Lasts Forever.”

Chapter Forty-Six: “Nothing Lasts Forever.”

Over the next couple weeks, I couldn’t get it all off my mind. I tried not to let it affect everyone else, but thinking about it just got me depressed. I also got mad because everyone thought it was crazy. It was all so clear in my mind. I just couldn’t explain it the right way. I was happy to have everyone there for me though. Ana moved in with us since she was still single, and lonely. Chelsea had gone back to her and Bert’s house. I woke up one random morning to something I didn’t really want to see.

“Lisa? Wake up. We need you,” someone said.

“Huh?” I looked up at Megan. “What’s going on.”

“Gerard and Tori are fighting. And you’re the best at these things,” she said.

“Oh boy. Again?” I got out of bed. “What are they fighting about?”

“Umm…I’m not really sure.” She looked away.

“How can you not know what they’re fighting about?” I followed her to them.

“Tori feels alone or something. I don’t know how it got brought up, but she’s saying he doesn’t care about her, and leaves her alone.”

I nodded and I listened to the voices coming from their room. I could tell others were there trying to calm them down.

“How can I know you’re not parading around with other girls while you’re on tour!?” Tori shouted.

“Because you know I’d never do anything like that!” Gerard said back. “Why are you just bringing this up now? We’ve been doing this for a year and a half.”

“I’ve been on this for a while, but it’s driving me crazy! I find the letters in your suitcase!”

“Tori, those are letters from teeny fans. I thought I’d bring them home and we can joke about them, I guess I was wrong.”

I continued to listen to them without going in the room. Tori was awfully worked up, but Gerard remained calm, not shouting or raising his voice the slightest bit.

“Yeah right. You probably hang out with them after shows.”

“Tori, you’re crazy, we don’t do anything like that!” someone else, maybe Ray, said.

I sighed and walked in.

“Why are we fighting?” I asked.

Everyone looked at me.

“What? I just wanna know why you two are fighting. You’ve been happy together for what, six years, and why are you letting something stupid come between you two?”

“Lisa’s right,” Megan said.

“Yeah…” Emily started. “Frank brings home some and we joke about it because
they sound so stupid, but they’re funny to read.”

“We all bring some and read over them,” Mikey said.

Everyone else agreed, but Tori wasn’t buying it.

“No, you all are just naïve. Girls, how can we know that they aren’t cheating on us while on tour?”

“We trust them,” Megan said. “Ray would never do that to me.”

“After what Mikey and I went through, I know he wouldn’t,” I said.

“Same here,” Emily said.

“This is bull crap! Then how do you explain the eye liners and the colognes I found?” She turned back to Gerard.

“Umm, I buy them. Tori what is wrong with you? You’ve changed ever since we got our first tour.”

“I just can’t take it. I don’t like when you’re away from me for so long.” Her voice was lowering a bit as she calmed down.

“Tori, none of us like it, but we deal,” I said.

“You got Tyler, though.”

“That makes me miss Mikey even more,” I said.

“I want out. I’m sorry guys, but Gerard, I just don’t think I wanna be with you
anymore.”

We all watched as she took off her wedding ring and dropped it. Then we just
watched her walk out of the room. I looked at Gerard. His heart had ripped in two. He stared at the floor and sat on the bed. Everyone left the room except Mikey and I.

“Gee?” Mikey placed his hand on Gerard’s back.

“I guess it wasn’t meant to be,” he said quietly.

“Gerard, it’s ok. Nothing lasts forever.” I gave him a hug.

“She changed,” Mikey said. “I know it sounds harsh, but it’s true.”

“Mikey? I actually believe you,” Gerard said. “I thank you guys for trying to help, but could I have some time alone?”

“Yes, Gerard,” I said.

I gave him another hug, and Mikey gave him a pat on the back, then we walked out. I was furious. I stormed around the house looking for Tori.

“She’s gone,” Megan said. “She walked straight out of the house. I don’t know which way she went though.”

“Is he gonna be ok?” Ana asked.

“I hope so,” Mikey said. “This really sucks.”

“I can try to lighten the mood a bit,” Megan said.

We looked up at her and Ray.