Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Forty Eight: “Happy Holidays, You Bastard”

Chapter Forty Eight: “Happy Holidays, You Bastard”

A couple of months went by and it was almost Christmas time. Let’s fill in. Ana and Gerard are still claiming they’re just friends, although everyone else knows they’re an item. They’re claiming friendship because Tori would keep coming over to try and talk to Gerard. When she came, he would run up to his room and hide. We’d say he wasn’t home, but she’d invite herself in to hang out for an hour or so. Then she’d leave, telling us to tell Gerard she’s sorry. Honestly, I was getting fed up with it. I was home with Tyler, and so was Gerard. He was cooped up in his room drawing. Ana was also around, cleaning up the basement. Everyone else was out, either running errands or Christmas shopping. I had decided to talk to Gerard. Tyler was absorbed with Spongebob so I snuck off and went upstairs. His door was slightly open, and I knocked lightly.

“Come in.”

“Hey, Gerard.”

“Hey, Lisa. Come on in.”

I stepped in and sat on his bed.

“What’s up?”

“I wanted to talk to you, kinda about Ana, and kinda about Tori.”

His head hung a little and I instantly felt bad.

“Why?”

“If you want me to leave, just say so, but I just was wondering a few things.”

“If you really want to know, Ana and I really do like each other, but Tori keeps showing up, and I know it would break her heart to see Ana and I together.”

“Tori ended it with you. You shouldn’t care.”

“I just can’t do that to someone.”

“Do you still love her?”

“After what she did to me? No.”

“Do you love Ana?”

He sighed. “Yes.”

“Then…”

“Do you guys still hang out with Tori?”

“She broke your heart. I can’t stand when someone does that to someone,
especially a close friend-err-my brother-in-law. We all just want to tell her to fuck off.”

“Well, I’m gonna go find Ana then.”

“You do that. I think you two are perfect for each other. I know Ana more than you, I know that she really likes you, and she wouldn’t do anything to hurt you.”

“Lisa?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m glad to have you as my sister-in-law.” He smiled for the first time in months
as he headed out.

Damn, I’m good at these things. I should be a marriage counselor. Nah.I walked downstairs and rejoined Tyler. I ruffled his hair.

“Hey!” he half-whined. “Mommy, can I go play outside?”

“Yeah, let’s both.”

We put on our coats and went in the back yard. He ran into one of the snow forts we built when we had a huge snowball fight. I pretended I couldn’t see him.

“Tyler! Where’d you go?” I wandered around. “Hmm…I wonder where he could be.”

Suddenly I was hit with a snowball in the leg. I saw a small flash of brown hair duck behind the fort. I laughed and quietly snuck around. I managed to sneak around behind him and I grabbed him, and started tickling him. He was in a fit of laughter, rolling around in the snow. I backed off to let him catch his breath, and that’s when I heard the yelling. Angry yelling.

“Tyler, honey, stay out here and play with your toys, but be careful. I’ll be right back.” I ran inside, nearly slipping in my boots on the kitchen floor.

I went to the source of the voices, the front door. Ana was standing in front of Gerard, holding onto his arms. Then I saw Tori.

“I try to do something nice, and apologize, and you show up here with another girlfriend!? I can’t fucking believe this!” she shouted.

“At least I don’t go around accusing people of cheating,” Gerard said, again being strangely calm.

If he’s so calm, why is Ana holding his arms against his sides? ]/i]

“Then what the hell is this? You’re saying you’re not cheating? What are you doing with her?”

“At least I had someone there for me.”

“Gerard, please, I can’t take this anymore. I was stupid. I can’t even believe I did it. Please, just…”

“No, I’m not taking you back. You took my heart, ripped it in two, and stomped it into the ground. You expect me to take you back? Why? I’d just go on tour again and when I come back, it’ll start all over again like it always has. I had no problem with it, because you’d come around after a day or two. You’re the one that wanted to believe that I was hanging around other girls while out on tour. You’re the one that snapped. You’re the one that divorced me.”

I just then realized why Ana was holding his arms. I had managed to get a look at him while he was talking. He wanted to slap her. I didn’t know why, I just knew that he wanted to. I saw the tears well up in Tori’s eyes. Sympathy tears. He’s not gonna buy that, Tori.

“Fine. Whatever. Have a nice life with her. We’ll see if it lasts longer than us. Happy holidays you fucking bastard,” she said, calmly and coldly, then she stormed off.

“Bitch,” Gerard muttered.

“You did the right thing,” Ana said.

“I feel bad though.”

“Don’t,” I spoke up. “I saw the look in her eyes. She was faking it. She wanted
you to feel sorry for her.”

“Ana? I…”