Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Fifty: “Drunken Presents.”

Chapter Fifty: “Drunken Presents.”

I smelled his cologne as he leaned over me. A familiar smell. The same smell from when I was thirteen. Lisa, no! I couldn’t help myself. I took another soft inhale. Self-control, Lisa.I tried to force myself to turn away.

‘’You smell good,” I said.

“Just some stuff I found in my closet,” he said.

I cleared my throat. “It smells familiar.”

He chuckled lightly. Did he mean to do that? Did he use that cologne on purpose? He must have, because he barely ever wears cologne. I looked at him, and gasped in my mind. I know that look. I cleared my throat again and looked away. He gave me a soft pat on the shoulder and he got up and walked out. He didn’t want to, did he?I got up, got dressed and headed downstairs to join the others. Frank and Emily had engaged in a make-out session. I headed to the kitchen and found Ana and Megan.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“We just put the turkey in now, so it’ll be a long time,” Ana said.

“Cool. Megan, are you ok?”

“Yeah, I feel fine.”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt or something. I’ve been down that road before.”

“What? You’ve only been pregnant that one time,” she said.

Oh, crap. I never told them about my miscarriage.

“Yeah, well, you can never be too careful. Have fun cooking you guys.” I headed
out to find Tyler.

He and Mikey were in his room playing a game.

“You two are like two little kids,” I said.

“Mommy, I am a little kid,” Tyler said.

“You’re almost four. You’re a big boy,” I said, giving him a hug. “I was mostly talking about daddy.”

“What?” Mikey looked up at me.

“I love you,” I said.

“I love you too.” He put his hands on my sides and pulled me to him.

I leaned down and gave him a kiss. Tyler did his ‘eww’ thing and covered his eyes. Mikey and I laughed and we all headed down to watch T.V.

The rest of the day was quiet. The smell of turkey filled the house, and after dinner, we all had some drinks. I put Tyler too bed, using the Santa excuse. Then I went back to the others and we started to party. We each got to open one present, because we agreed on it. We each opened the present from our significant other. Emily got Frank a new guitar, and Frank got Emily the video camera she wanted. Colleen got Bob the hoodie he’s had his eye on, and he got her a diamond bracelet. Megan got Ray Guitar Hero, and he got some cute baby clothes for her. Ana got Gerard an art kit, and he wanted to wait to give her her gift. I got Mikey a digital camera, and he got me a silver chain with a little skull head charm.

“Ok. Now I wanna give Ana her gift,” Gerard said.

He ran upstairs and came back a few minutes later. He ran to her, grabbed her hands and dropped to a knee.

“Ana, I love you more than anything, and I loved how you’ve been there for me. Will you marry me?” He opened the small black box, showing the silver diamond ring.

We all gasped and looked at Ana. Tears brimmed her eyes, and a smile slowly spread across her face. She nodded and hugged him. He put the ring on her finger, and we all cheered. I knew what they were gonna be doing tonight. We then began to drink again. All of us eventually were drunk out of awareness.

The last thing I remembered clearly was grabbing Mikey’s hand and dragging him upstairs. I passed out on the bed, but Mikey wasn’t ready to go to sleep, if you know what I mean. I wasn’t fully sure what was going on, but it was hot. I caught visions of Mikey hovering over me. I don’t know if I was talking or mumbling or reacting any way at all. Then it stopped for a bit, and it started again a few minutes later, for the same amount of time. Then I was out until noon the next day.