Status: Complete and edited

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

10

I woke up the next morning all alone. I rolled over and found a piece of paper in Sidney’s spot.

Tay, went to the gym. Be back later. Love Sid

Sweet, an afternoon all to myself. I got out of bed and put on my cleaning clothes and began straightening up the apartment. Once the cleaning was done, I decided that I needed to to see what Pitt really had to offer me. After my research was compete, I came to the conclusion that I was indeed going to go there and after that was done I checked my email.
After all those things were done, I just sat on the couch reading. As I was just finishing the book, my phone went off signaling that I had a new text message. I grabbed it off the corner table and opened it. It was from Anna.

How are you?

I’m good =) How are you? I responded

Good, what are you doing?

Just chillin’ after cleanin’ up the apartment. U?

Eh, just sitting around

Fun, so ho was you Xmas?

Amazing! Geni gave me the most beautiful necklace and promised that he would bring me to Pittsburgh sometime.

That’s cool. I just got here yesterday. We had a ‘party’, everyone was there except for Geno =(

Haha, I’m sorry. I wonder why he wasn’t there. He usually loves to hang out with all the guys.

Jordan said he had something to do *shrugs shoulders* whatever, I’ll get to see him tomorrow night.

What’s tomorrow night?

The Penguins throw a New Year’s Eve party every year and I’m going this year =)

That’s cool. Anna responded.

I was starting to get tired so I told Anna that I would talk to her later and curled up on the sofa. I don’t know how much later it was, but when I finally woke up I was no longer on the couch. I was in our bed and I wasn’t alone. When Sidney got home he must have brought me in here. I rolled over so I was pressed against Sidney’s back, and looked at the clock; 4:45. Holy crap! How long was I asleep for? It didn’t really matter because we had nothing going to today, so we could waste the rest of the day just sleeping and being lazy. I snuggled up with Sid and fell back to sleep.

I woke up about twenty minutes later to Sidney’s cell phone ringing.

“Ugh, answer it. It’s so loud.” I moaned. Sidney chuckled and picked up his phone. When he hung up he turned around so he was facing me. Though my eyes were still closed, I could tell he was looking at me. “What are you looking at?” I asked

Sidney chuckled again. “Just you.” He kissed me lightly. “I love seeing your face when I wake up.” He kissed me again. “It’s a wonderful start to my day.”

I opened my eyes and looked into Sidney’s eyes, what I saw there was no doubt in my mind, love. Seeing that look in his eyes made my heart melt. I’ve never had anyone look at me like that and I could get really use to it to say the least.

“Really?” I asked, not believing a word he just said. He just nodded and kissed me yet again.

“So….I guess now would be a good time to tell you that I’ve sent in my application to transfer to Pitt?” I smiled

“What?” Sidney asked in disbelief.

“I applied to Pitt. I needed an in-state address so I just used this one. That’s okay right?”

Sidney sat up and pulled me up with him. He took both of my hands in his and looked into my eyes.

“Taylor, I know I’ve said that this place get’s lonely without you and I mean it. I love having you around here with me.” Sidney took a deep breath and released it slowly. “What I’m trying to say is, Taylor I want you to move in with me. Whether you get into Pitt or not, I love you and I don’t want to lose you.”

I was speechless, I can’t believe that he just officially asked me to move in with him. I’ve never was someone to think long and hard about things, I just sorta answered or did it. This situation was no different, I already knew that I wanted to live with him.

“Are you sure you won’t get sick of me?” I asked

“No way. Taylor, I’ve never felt like this with anyone else before. I’m a very private and personal person and I’m will to share everything with you. Please move in.”

“Sidney, before you said you didn’t want to lose me.” I removed one of my hands from his grasp and placed it on his cheek. “You don’t have to worry about losing me because I’m not going anywhere, I’m yours. Yes I’ll move in with you.” Sidney smiled and I moved in to kiss him.

Just as things were getting hot, the doorbell rang. Sidney groaned and I giggled and got out of bed.

“I got it.” I said. As I walked down the hallway, I put my hair up into a messy bun. Before opening the door, I checked to see who was there. Standing there was a blond chick in a shirt that was obviously two sizes too small, what looked like her younger sister’s skirt that she stole, and heels that were like five inches high. I rolled my eyes and debated whether or not to answer the door. I mean the only reason a girl looking like that was because she was a puck bunny and somehow found Sidney’s address. If I opened the door shit was probably going to hit the fan. If I didn’t open the door, Sidney and I could just chill out and not worry about anything. I was seriously considering not answering the door and was about to head back to the bedroom, but she rang the bell again.
Sighing, I plastered a fake smile on my face and prepared myself to deal with this chick. I opened the door and just looked at her.

“Hi, may I help you?” I asked as politely as I could.

“Yeah, I was told that I could find Sidney here.” She said, rolling her eyes like that was the most obvious answer ever.

I sighed and did all I could to not slam the door in her face and to not let my absolute annoyance for her and her attitude show. “He maybe, but that all depends on who you are.”

“Sarah Matthews, he knows who I am.” She smiled

I rolled my eyes before telling her to hold on. I shut the door in her face and walked down the hall to the bedroom where Sidney was just laying in bed, looking at the ceiling.

“Sid, there’s someone at the door for you. A Sarah Matthews?”

“Oh shit!” Sidney exclaimed as he sat up. “Did she say what she wanted?”

I really didn’t like his reaction to this news. He was acting almost like he was caught doing something that he wasn’t supposed to be doing. That had me a bit worried.

“Nope, she just said that you knew who she was and that she was ‘told’ where you live.” I crossed my arms. “Do you know her?”

Sidney ran his hand through his hair and nodded. “Yeah…she’s my ex.”

“Oh…um, okay.” I really didn’t really know how to respond to that. I mean they are broken up, so I don’t have to really worry about anything there. I also knew that Sidney would never hurt me on purpose.

“Taylor, I broke up with her almost two years ago. She left the country for school and thing just didn’t work out.” Sidney explained

“Why didn’t things work out?” I had to know and Sidney must have noticed my reaction to what he has said, because he jumped off the bed and walked over to me. I just looked away because I didn’t want to see whatever was in his eyes and I didn’t want him to see my eyes shining with tears, at least not yet. He grabbed my hand and lifted my face so I had to look at him.

“Tay, things were different with she and I. She slept around a lot and I wasn’t going to worry about her while she was over there. Also she was more caught up in her school work than she was in our relationship.”

I jerked my hand out of his grip and just stared at him. Did he really just say that? Did he really just say that he broke up with her because she was more worried about her education? I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. He sounded so selfish and self-centered. I would have never guessed that he would get so upset about school. Ever since we started dating he hasn’t seemed to mind me going to school. Now, I wasn’t going out of the country, but I wasn’t exactly close to him either.

Tears again began to fill my eyes as I thought about what he has said. Maybe he doesn’t really want me to go to school. Maybe the whole reason he asked me to move in with him was so he could control my hours spent with school related things. I turned away from him and walked to the bathroom. But before I could get there Sidney grabbed my arm in an attempt to stop me.

“Taylor, what’s wrong?” he asked

“Nothing, just let me go please.” I said quietly. He released my arm and just stood there. Before I closed the door, I turned to him so he could see the tears running own my face. “Don’t forget Sarah is at the door.” Was all I said.

I shut the door and leaned on. I couldn’t believe he would say something like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited