Status: Complete and edited

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

16

The next morning I woke up alone, like I expected. I decided against taking a shower and took advantage of having the apartment to myself and unpacked all my things. Once I was done with unpacking I jumped in the shower and then made lunch for Sidney and I. I just finished cooking when I heard the door open and close.

“Tay?” Sidney called.

“In the kitchen.” I said, pulling the grilled cheese sandwiches off the pan.

Sidney came into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Grilled cheese sandwiches? Really Taylor?” He chuckled.

“Yes, grilled cheese. I was craving it so I made it. If you are going to complain then you don’t have to eat it.”

“I’m not complaining, just messing with you.”

“Well then.” I laughed. “Want to grab the chips out of the cabinet?”

“How do you even know I have them?”

“Uh, because you are a guy and when I was here we always had them.” I smiled

“Yeah you’re right, we have some.” He grabbed the chips and placed a handful on each of our plates.

“How was practice?” I asked once we got seated.

“Good. We had a scrimmage.”

“Well that’s good I guess.”

Sidney nodded and took a bite of his sandwich. We sat in a comfortable silence, Sidney was just sitting there and I was reading a book.

“No one knows you are here. We are going out tonight, so we will tell everyone then.” Sidney said, breaking the silence.

I smiled, “You know I’m going to get killed.”

Sidney nodded and smiled at me. “Especially by your Frenchmen and a certain blond.”

“God, I’ve missed them. I’ve missed you.” I put my sandwich down, no longer hungry. I felt tears stinging my eyes, so I looked down at my plate so Sidney wouldn’t see them. I heard Sidney’s chair quietly scrape across the carpeted floor and his arms were around me. He placed a finger under my chin and turned my head so I was looking at him. I looked into his hazel eyes, searching for hatred that I pictured there so many times in my dreams. I ran out on him, he had the right to hate me. But he doesn’t hate you. He brought you back here remember? I told myself as I continued to stare at Sidney. “I’m so sorry,” I whispered.

“Taylor, we’ve been over this. I understand why you ran. There is no need to keep apologizing, let’s just put it behind us.” He kissed my forehead. “Okay?”

“You should hate me.” I told him.

He took a step away from me, but never letting go of my chin. “What? Why should I hate you?” He asked, clearly shocked by what I said.

I took a deep breath and willed the tears to go away. “We fought and I left without any real explanation, I just left.”

“Taylor,” Sidney said softly. “Look at me.” I shifted my eyes from my plate to him and just stared at him. Again his eyes held no hatred what so ever, they were filled with understanding and love. The tears that I was willing away came right back and overflowed down my cheeks. “You’re back, that’s all I care about now. Not that God damned fight we had that night at the party or the incident with Sarah. What I do care about is you and that you are with me.” Sidney wiped my tears away with his thumb. “Taylor, I love you.”

A little sob escaped as I threw my arms around Sidney. “I love you, too, Sidney. I really do, I shouldn’t have left.” I cried into his neck.

He rubbed my back soothingly. “Yes you should have. It was what you needed at the time. No matter how much you told me you weren’t coming back, I knew you were just trying to convince yourself that Virginia was better for you then here. You were scared and overwhelmed. I knew that you still loved me because that night I called from Vero’s phone, you tried to be mad at me but you couldn’t. I could tell you were having trouble keeping your true feelings from bubbling out.”

I laughed. “How is it that we’ve only been together for,” I had to think. How long has it been? I pulled away from Sidney and counted on my hands, it was now February and he asked me to be his girlfriend on my birthday which was in April. I counted again and my eyes about bugged out of my head. “Holy shit.”

“What is it?” Sidney asked.

“We’ve been together for about ten months.” I laughed in disbelief.

“Wow, that’s awesome. I didn’t even realize it’s been that long. But why are you laughing?” He asked, clearly happy.

“Because, and I know I’ve said this a thousand times but I’m going to say it again, you’re my first boyfriend and I never thought I’d be with my boyfriend for that long.” I laughed again. “I guess my mom was right.”

“Moms are usually pretty good like that. What was she right about?”

I blushed slightly. “Um, when I was in middle school I went through a phase were I would get upset because my friends would have boyfriends or girlfriends and I didn’t have anyone. Well, mom would tell me not to worry because I’m the type of girl to have only a few boyfriends if not only one. She told me that I was going to meet someone in high school or college and we’d date for a long time and eventually I’d get married to him.”

“I think your mom was right. Taylor, you are a one man type of girl and I hope I can be that one guy.”

I smiled and leaned in to kiss him and he pulled me up so I was standing. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest. I just stood there for a minute and then looked up at him, since he was taller than me. He slowly leaned down until our lips were centimeters away from each other. I could feel his breath on my lips and I shivered. Sidney smiled and finally closed the space between us, his tongue traced my lips asking for entrance and I happily granted him that. This was the first time we’ve really kissed since he saved me. Actually this is the first time he’s kissed me like this since before I walked out. I could cry at the feel of his lips on mine, I’ve missed this.

We finally broke apart to catch our breath, Sidney rested his forehead on mine and smiled down at me. “It has been too long since we’ve done that. It felt good to kiss your beautiful lips again.”

I laughed and rested my hand on his cheek. “I’ve missed it, too” I whispered. I locked eyes with him. “Sidney, kiss me again.”

He did and I’m pretty sure I melted at the feel of his lips on mine. I ran my hands through his curls and smiled when he sighed against my lips. Sidney’s hands moved up and down my sides and I continued to run mine through his hair. I’m pretty sure we would have gone further if it wasn’t for the knock on the door. Sidney growled and went to the door.

“Vero, what are you doing here?” Sidney asked, opening the door wider.

“I have a feeling that you are hiding something, or should I say someone from me.” She smiled at Sidney before making her way into the living room. “Taylor! Thank God you are back.” She exclaimed giving me a hug.

“Haha, yeah I was just sick of UVa and I missed everyone here too much.” I told her, shooting Sidney a look. “You just have to promise me that you’ll keep this a secret until tonight.”

“Oh totally. Listen I hate to just stop by and leave real quick, but I just had to see if my senses were right. I will see you two tonight.” Vero disappeared out the door and I sat on the couch.

“So,” Sidney said sitting next to me and resting is legs on my lap. “What do you want to do until it’s time for us to leave?”

I looked at him and smiled. “I just want to sit right here with you and do nothing.” I stated.

“Nothing, eh? How about we watch a movie together.”

“A movie sounds wonderful.”

Sidney walked over to his DVD case and pulled out a movie and put it in. He turned on the TV and came back to the couch.

“What are we watching, Mr. Crosby?” I asked looking over where he placed the case, not being able to see what is was.

“You’ll see.” He smirked and pulled me into his side.

As soon as the previews started I knew what it was. I smiled and looked at my boyfriend. “You actually bought this?” I laughed.

“Yes, you’ve watched it so much and when you weren’t here I felt really lonely so I bought it.” He admitted.

“I love this movie.”

“I know you do.”

I snuggled into Sidney’s side and watched the movie, quoting my favorite lines causing Sidney to laugh. When my favorite line was coming up I sat up and looked at Sidney.

“Likes caulk.” I said right with the movie. “Oh, I’m a very good caulker.” I giggled as Sidney kissed me.

“This is what I missed.”

“I’m done I promise.”

“I don’t mind.”

I kissed him again and I went back to my movie trance and started to fall asleep, but the end was coming up and it always made me tear up. I always was a hopeless romantic and what was happening was the cutest thing in the world. I’ve always wanted my boyfriend to do something romantic or crazy for me, just to get my attention. Like Sidney showing up to my softball game was a wonderful surprise and he wasn’t even my boyfriend then.

“Get over here.” Came from next to me. I looked up at Sidney with a raised eyebrow. Did he really quote the movie or was it just me? I didn’t get to ask because his lips were on mine, giving me the sweetest kiss in the world. My heart rate sped up and my hands went straight to his hair. I really don’t know why, but tears sprang to my eyes and I started laughing at myself. Sidney pulled away from me and looked at me. “You’re crying?” He asked clearly amused.

I smacked his chest. “Shut up, I have no idea why either.” I admitted,

Sidney chuckled and pulled me into his side, if I could even get closer. I laid my head on his arm and laced our fingers together. Never in a million years did I think that this is where I would be. Living back in Pennsylvania with my boyfriend, of almost a year, who in the face of the NHL, watching a movie. I have always been the type of girl to think ahead and plan ahead, and I can totally see myself being with Sidney for a long time. Never would I have expected myself to fall this hard for someone the first time. Sidney had told me earlier that he wanted to be the one guy. Does that mean he wants to be with me for a long time too? I still could wrap my mind around the fact that Sidney Crosby, captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins and the face of the NHL had feelings for me.

Slowly I felt my eyes flutter shut and the movie drifted into the background of my dreams. I slept what seemed like hours, but when I actually opened my eyes I was only asleep for twenty minutes. I looked at Sidney and saw that he was falling asleep was well. I turned off the TV and grabbed Sidney’s hand and dragged him to our room. We both collapsed into the bed. Sidney set his alarm so we would both have time to get ready and then pulled me into his chest. Within in minutes we were both asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited