Status: Complete and edited

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

07

After I went back inside, my phone rang and a smiled crossed my face. I found myself back outside curled up on the bench talking to Sidney. We talked about the game and how the party was going. He asked me if I was having fun, I was about to answer when a semi-familiar guy walked, no stumbled out of the house. He spotted me sitting there, he smiled and made his way over. Shit, this could not be good.

“So who are you talking to?” He slurred

“My boyfriend.” Sidney thought I was talking to him. “Not you Sid.” I told him

“I told you, you don’t have a boyfriend.”

“You have no right to tell me that I can or can’t have a boyfriend. I don’t even freaking know you.”

“Taylor, who is that?” Sidney asked picking up on my attitude.

“Just some guy.” I told him, not taking my eyes off of the drunk.

“Is it the same guy Vero told me about?”

“What, Vero told you? Why did she do that?”

“Because she’s a little worried about you and I am too. What’s going on?”

“There’s this guy who keeps flirting with me. I told him that I have a boyfriend, but he thinks that me telling him that I have a boyfriend who isn’t at the party means that he has the right to kiss me.” I glared at the guy who was smirking at me. Ugh, he gave me the creeps when I saw him sober, but drunk he was even creepier.

“Who the hell does he think he is? Where are you right now?”

“I’m on the front porch, sitting on the bench.”

“Are there people around you?” he asked

“Yes, Sidney please chill, I can handle myself.” As I said this the creeper draped hid arm around my shoulder. “Get. Your. Arm. Off. Of. Me.” I said

“What? You know you like it.” He smirked

“What the hell do you not understand about I have a boyfriend? I’m on the phone with him right now.” I pulled away from him and stood up.

“Taylor, are you okay?” Sidney asked

“Yeah I’m fine. I just need to get away from him. He’s really drunk.”

“Where are your uncles or Drew?”

“They’re all inside. The one is a little on the drunk side and I’m not sure where Drew and my other uncle are. I’ll go find them, just stay on the phone with me please.”

“Of course, is the asshole still there?”

“Yeah, he keeps looking at me.” I turned to the creeper. “Move so I can go back inside.”

“Why are you being like this?” He slurred

“Um, maybe because you are a creeper and you don’t seem to understand that I have a boyfriend. Yes he may be in Pittsburgh, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have him. Now get out of my way so I can go see my family.”

“Whatever, you’re not even worth the trouble.”

“Like I care, because I don’t.” I laughed coldly.

“Taylor…” Sidney said trying to get my attention.

“Yeah Sid?” I asked pushing past the creeper.

“I love you.” He laughed. “That was amazing.”

I let out a shaky breath as I walked through the living room and to the bar where I knew my uncle would be and possibly my dad. “Yeah well that didn’t feel amazing. He’s so drunk right now that I didn’t know what to do.” I reached the bar and sure enough there was not only my one uncle and dad, but both of my uncles and my dad. “Can you hold on a second, I’m going to talk to my uncle?”

“Yeah sure.”

“What’s up baby girl?” My uncle asked me

“Um, not much.” I said looking around making sure the creeper was no where near me

“Taylor, what’s wrong? You look a little upset.” My dad said.

“I am a little upset.”

“Is there something going on between you and Sidney?” Uncle Lou asked me

“No not at all. There was just this guy though who has been hitting on me all night and he tried to kiss me and then I went outside to talk on the phone and he followed me out there. He’s really drunk and as I was on the phone with Sidney, he kept making moves on me. I’m just a bit annoyed and a little freaked out.”

“Where is he?” Uncle Lou asked.

“Last I saw him he was standing in front of the glass door out front, blocking my way in.” I said looking around again

“I’ll go talk to him.”

“Are you sure you’re all right?” my dad asked

“Yeah, I’m going to go out by the fire and talk to Sidney some more. I just wanted you guys to know about the creeper.”

“The creeper?”

“Yeah I have no idea who he is and he’s kinda creepy so I started calling the creeper.”

My dad laughed and gave me a hug. I walked out the side door and sat next to the fire.

“Sidney, you still there?” I asked

“Yeah I’m here, but now I really wish I could be there with you. I don’t like guys messing with you.” He said

“Don’t worry, if you couldn’t already tell, I can take care of myself.” I chuckled

“I know, but I still wish I could have been there. Has your uncle taken care of it?”

“I don’t know, I’m in the side yard with the fire.”

“Why are you sitting outside? I know it’s cold there because it’s cold here. Go inside.”

“Did you just not here me say I’m by the fire?”

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean that it’s still cold out.” He said

“Did you forget that I’m also from here and I’m used to the weather? Also last year Virginia got more snow than here. I think I can handle the cold. Plus it gets really hot in the house with all those people and the fireplace going.”

“Just don’t get sick.”

“Don’t worry I won’t. Aren’t you going to the party?” I asked

“Yeah, I actually just pulled up.”

“Okay, I’ll let you go then. Have fun and Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“I’ll be here.” Not really.

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

I went back inside and sat at the bar with my uncles and some of their friends. I looked around but never saw the creeper. My guess is that Uncle Lou kicked him out because no one messes with the Samuels family. At around midnight we decided that it was time to go home. I was so tired when we got back to the house. Before I could go to bed I had to make sure that I had everything for my trip tomorrow. I pulled out my outfit and crawled into bed. I was expecting to be up all night nervous about seeing him, but I fell right to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited