Status: Just starting up

They Didn't Know of Each Other

Six; Nathan

I had been drawing all afternoon, after the art class I had the sudden urge to dip back into my sketch book. I was sitting in my dorm room, just putting lines on the paper, not really knowing what was going to be the end result.

“Nate” The dorm room door burst open, “There’s this sick party goin’ on in the next building tonight, you down?”
I didn’t even know who this guy was.
“Yeah, I’ll be over in a little bit” I answered.
He closed the door.

I looked down at the drawing quickly,before dropping it onto my bed and grabbing some clothes to go get ready for the party. The drawing was a lingering thought in my mind, a faded, and drawn image of a rose.

***

When I arrived at the party, there was nothing out of the ordinary, I walked in and pushed my way passed all the sweating bodies, and headed toward an unknown direction.

“Daniel?” I said heading toward him as he leaned against a wall, “What are you doing here man?”
“Figured you’d be here, you got to have someone to carry you back to the dorm right?” he said smiling at me.
“You’re right” I said before getting myself some beer.

I looked around as I sipped, nothing special here, but then again there never was at these parties, the beer was always the best thing. I walked around some more, trying to see if there was anyone worth talking too.

I must have gone in the same circle 12 times, with 15 different cups of beer. I was bored, to tell you the truth, the music was whack, and all these girls aren’t even worth the time, but I was getting pretty drunk by this point.

“Hello hot stuff”
I found myself cornered near the bathroom, by some chick, I was completely caught off guard.
“Umm, do I know you?” I said trying to remember if I knew her or not.
“No but you can” She said.
This chick is obviously drunker than even me, which is saying something since it’s me
“No thanks” I said sidestepping her really quick.
“Come back hottie”
I was trying to push through the crowd but it in my state it seemed like it wasn’t going to happen. Then a hand grabbed mine and pulled me and I was smacked into someone.

“Sorry” I looked up to see Lexi standing there.
“I’m gonna save you” she said.

I had no idea what she was talking about. Then that girl was right in front of me again.

Lexi raised our intertwined hands,”Sorry honey, he’s mine”

The girl put on a face and walked in the opposite direction, as soon as she was out of sight Lexi let my hand go.

“I owe you” I said.

I almost fell then and she caught me.

“Better get you to your dorm, casanova” She giggled before she helped me toward the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm new to this story, so HI! Umm, I feel like I totally bombed this, :/ Let me know what you think.