Status: Completed.

Protect Me From What I Want

It's Wonderful Here

Image

I was a little surprised when I had entered my cell, since I was only expecting to meet with Jim Gordon. So when I saw that Batman was in there also it was slightly overwhelming. I immediately figured I had done something wrong.

“I haven’t done anything,” I started already making assumptions. I stayed at the entrance of the cell, until they decided to speak.

“Harley, we’re not blaming you for anything. We just thought it was time to have a talk, considering that we haven’t had one in awhile,” Gordon spoke first. “Come and take a seat,” he ordered as he motioned towards my bed. I did as I was told and sat down nervously on my bed with my legs crossed.

“What are both of you doing here?” I asked timidly, taking a glance at both of them.

“We both need to speak to you, Harley.”

I simply nodded in return and awaited for them to say whatever it was they needed to say.

“I’m not sure if you’re already aware of this or not but Arkham has been considering that you should be let out earlier than anticipated.”

“No, I wasn’t aware.”

“Well, we thought that you should be and we were wondering what your opinion on this was.”

“I don’t want to leave. It’s wonderful here. I like it here. Besides where would I go if I was let out? I haven’t got anywhere to go. All of us know that it’s not a good idea for me to go back to The Joker,” I stated.

“Bruce Wayne had offered that you stay at his penthouse, while you search for another place to stay.”

I giggled slightly at the thought. “A famous billionaire is offering an Arkham patient a place to stay in his penthouse. Seems a little farfetched, don’t you think?”

“It was just an offer. He’s not forcing you stay there,” Batman pointed out. “It’s better than going back to The Joker.”

“Speaking of which, are you still neglecting to tell us about The Joker’s hideout?” Gordon asked. I rolled my eyes at the monotony of the question. Many times they’d ask me this question, and many times I’d refuse to answer it. It wasn’t because I was scared of The Joker. If he was to find out that I had snitched on him, he’d most likely set out to kill me. It was because I still loved him and it wasn’t right for me to blatantly confess to his whereabouts. I didn’t want to sink to that level. I didn’t want The Joker getting caught because of me. If they’re going to find him then they’re going to have to search for him themselves, instead of me getting to do the dirty work.

“I’m not telling you anything. You’re going to have to find it out for yourself because I’m not going to rat him out.”

“It won’t be ratting him out. This is a dangerous, psychotic sociopath we’re talking about and you’re the only one who knows where he is. But you’re being stubborn and many others will possibly die because you’re not telling us. But you’re right; why should you care? You’re safe in here, so there’s no need to worry,” Batman argued sarcastically.

“This reverse psychology isn’t going to work on me, Bat. I’m never going to tell you,” I said stubbornly turning my head away from him.

“Fine, but that way we won’t be able to find out if he’s still alive or not.”

My head shot straight back towards Batman. I wasn’t sure if I had heard him right, but what I did hear made me fear the worst. “What did you say?” I asked slowly.

“Harley, The Joker hasn’t been seen or heard of ever since he destroyed Gotham. Police have yet to discover his body, but it is assumed that he may have died during the collapse of all the buildings,” Gordon explained, sounding almost compassionate.

“No. No. I was there when he was blowing up the buildings, he couldn’t have possibly died,” I stammered out, not being able to take it in.

“Well there’s no sign of him or any upcoming plans. You don’t know anything about him, do you? Are you apart of this in anyway? Has he told you anything important?” Gordon questioned.

“No! He never tells me anything anyway. I didn’t even know about the last scheme until he took me to the top of that roof. There’s no proof that he’s dead! I don’t believe you!”

“Why else would he stay quiet for so long!? What are you hiding, Harley!?” Batman growled.

“Nothing! How would I know what he’s doing?! I’m stuck in here, day in, day out!” I yelled back truthfully. “Get out,” I ordered firmly. “Get out!” I shrieked when they showed no sign of moving. “I don’t want you in here anymore! Who are you to come in here and start accusing me of doing stuff that I had no idea about!? How dare you! And then you tell me that he‘s dead! What are you trying to do; give me a heart attack?!”

“Harley, just listen-”

“No, just shut the fuck up!” I screamed interrupting Gordon. “Get out of my cell! GET OUT!” I screamed as loud as I could. A guard entered the room after hearing all of the commotion looking slightly panicked. I stood up from the bed even more infuriated now that he was deciding to get involved. “Leave me alone!” I screeched pulling at my hair and squeezing my eyes shut. The guard -attempting to calm me down- grasped my arm firmly. “Let go of me!” I spun around punched the guard as hard as I could, knocking him to the floor. Instantly after, Batman gripped both of my arms and wrestled me to the ground as I screamed uncontrollably.

I wriggled relentlessly trying to break free of Batman’s grip, but it was no use. Eventually, I tired myself out and began breathing heavily. “Please, just get out,” I begged holding back tears. Warily, Batman released my arms and slowly backed away. As both Gordon and Batman turned to leave, I attempted to pounce on Batman. Unfortunately, I was too slow and I had forgotten all about the guard that was in the room still. I felt the already familiar feel of electricity running through my body as a taser gun was placed to my back. I let out a shaky scream as I fell from Batman’s back and onto the floor, shaking violently.

As I lay shaking, Batman, Gordon and the guard left the cell. I heard the door locking so I assumed that, that was for the rest of the night, even though it was still relatively lights outside. Can’t say I didn’t deserve it. I guess this was my punishment.

Once the pain of being shocked had died down, I crawled over to my bed solemnly. I gripped the pillow into a bear hug and pessimistically began thinking of the worst possible thoughts. I desperately wanted to know if he was alright. The last time I saw him was when he was driving off in that white van. Anything could have happened to him since then. I stayed strong and didn’t let any tears fall.

I stood up from the bed and walked over to the window that was covered with bars. I sat on the sill, resting my head against the metal bars and glanced over Gotham, where the majority of it was now being refurbished. I focused mainly on the sky, wishfully hoping that the bat signal would switch on and brighten up the sky. That way I’d know that The Joker might possibly still be alive and safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
Comments?
Subscribe?
Thought I'd make a little banner for Poison Ivy. Banners make me happy.
These updates a really slow. Sorry. My mind keeps getting sidetracked. The inner mechanations of my mind are an enigma.
I went to see a band two days ago and they were really good. Glamour of the Kill. Partially the reason why I haven't uploaded. The first two supports were a bit, meh. But the third support, Yashin, were amazing.
I'd like to say thank you to the people who are still reading this story =) Makes me smile. Smiling's my favourite. =D
Love you lots like jelly tots!