Status: Complete

I'll Be Your Melody

Lecture.

The room was silent and I refused to look at Bella who sat a few seats away from me near the door. I sat near the window and our teacher sat behind his desk reading a book on genetics. I tapped my pencil idly and glanced at the clock again. I still had 15 minutes left before I could leave.

“Mr. Harden, please come to the front office. Again, Mr. Harden to the front office.” The intercom above us sounded. Our teacher sighed and looked between us.

“Don’t move and no talking,” he warned before marking the page in his book and walking out of the room. I rolled my eyes and started tapping my pencil again.

“Will you stop that?” Bella hissed glaring at me. I raised an eyebrow and tapped my pencil louder to annoy her. She was about to get up, but stopped and glared behind me. I turned around and saw Edward opening the classroom window.

“What are you doing here?” I asked in confusion. I thought we were going to meet at my house later.

“I got bored so I sent Mr. Harden to the office. Do you want to come with me or not?” he asked sitting on the window sill half inside and half outside.

“Do you even need to ask?” I asked grabbing my bag. Edward helped me through the window.

“You’re going to get in trouble,” Bella grumbled.

“Live on the wild side, Bells,” I mocked and shut the window behind us. Bella sent me another nasty glare before huffing and crossing her arms, leaning back in her seat. Edward grabbed my hand and we walked to his car.

“I thought I would never leave,” I mumbled and climbed into the passenger seat. Edward smirked and started his car, leaving the parking lot.

“That’s why you have me,” he reminded me. I laughed.

“Yeah, I only keep you around for things like this,” I joked, but if he read my thoughts he would know otherwise. Edward drove to my house and parked next to my car in the driveway.

“I see you drove my car back from the school,” I noted remembering that I drove to school that morning.

“Yeah, I grabbed your keys earlier so I could drive you home from school,” he said like pick pocketing wasn’t bad at all. I unlocked the house and walked inside seeing that my mom and Bentley weren’t home.

“Come help me pack!” I laughed while pulling him into my room. My happy mood came back when I thought about my vacation with Edward to the cabin. It would be perfect.

I reached under my bed and pulled out my suitcase, putting it on my bed. I pointed to my closet.

“Pick out some shirts that will the suit the weather. I’ll get my other things,” I demanded. Edward smirked and went into my closet.

I got my under garments and toiletries together and put them in the suitcase. Edward came back out with a few shirts that I forgot I had. I looked that the black tube top and purple v-neck that showed a lot of cleavage.

“I like these,” he said. He definitely functions like a regular hormonal teenage boy.

“I’m glad I'm somewhat normal.”

“Mind reading makes you not normal,” I said grabbing the shirts and throwing them back into the closet. I decided to pick out my own clothes instead of letting him help. I grabbed a few t-shirts and put them in the suitcase along with jeans and shorts.

“Am I missing anything?” I asked looking around.

“Camera?” he asked.

“Do you show up in pictures?” I asked seriously. Edward scoffed and showed me his reflection in the mirror.

“Those are just myths. I thought I already told you that…” he grumbled.

“I bet you did, but my memory sucks.” I heard the front door open and close. Edward and I went downstairs to greet my mom and brother.

“Edward, what are you doing here?” she asked happily. I think she likes Edward the most out of all the boyfriends that I’ve had.

“I was helping Andii pack for our trip. We’re leaving Saturday morning.” My mom smiled at him before turning to look at me and frowning heavily.

“What did I do?”

“You know what. I got a phone call from the school saying you had to go to detention for hitting another girl. I almost wasn’t going to let you go with Edward to Oregon.” She said very unhappy about what I did. I was about to explain, but she continued.

“I talked to Edward’s father during my lunch break and told him what happened. He told me that the girl you hit was Edward’s ex-girlfriend. Andii, you can’t go around attacking all Edward’s ex-girlfriends,” she chided.

“Mom, it wasn’t like that. Bella insulted Edward and one of my new friends. I would have hit even if she wasn’t his ex. She had it coming to her and I was the one to dish it out.”

“Well from now on keep your dishes in the kitchen. Carlisle was kind enough to convince me to let you still go on Saturday. You should thank him next time you see him,” she said and went into the kitchen to start dinner. I looked at Edward with a small smile.

“I guess I owe your dad big time,” I whispered with a small laugh. Edward grinned and helped me unbuckle Bentley from his car seat. My baby brother reached out for Edward for the first time and Edward held him. It was weird for me to watch because usually Bentley doesn’t like anyone but his family. He immediately began to grab Edward’s messy hair and pull it.

“Bentley, no!” I said laughing at the scene.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is pretty much a filler, but the next chapter is their vacation(: Hey!!! I have like 200 subscribers for this story and I need more comments so I know you like it(: