Status: Complete

I'll Be Your Melody

Lake.

We were well into Athena and everything around us was trees. I watched them zip past as Edward sped down the dirt roads.

“We’re here,” he said coming to a stop. Turning away from the side window, I looked forward and saw a huge log cabin. I knew it was a cabin, but I didn’t think that it would be this big. http://riannanworld.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/2007/11/04/log_cabin_2.jpg

“We have too much money so we spend it on things like this,” Edward answered as he got out of the car to get our bags out of the trunk. I looked up at the log mansion before getting out and helping him. My legs felt achy from being in the same position for so long.

I grabbed the lighter bags because Edward easily held all the heavy ones while he was opening the door with one hand.

“Show off,” I mumbled as I hiked in the bags. Edward chuckled and helped me inside. Inside was even more amazing than the outside. It had a modern feel to it and not the usual all wood theme. I was hoping that there wouldn’t be any deer heads mounted on the walls.

“There aren’t, we’re not really into that kind of hunting,” he said softly obviously reading my mind again. Edward gave me a full tour of the “cabin”. There were 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, a living room, kitchen, dining room, study, library, game room, and other lounge sitting rooms. They have a huge wraparound porch with different levels connected by stairs. On one of the higher levels, there’s a hot tub in a gazebo.

“I could live here,” I mumbled once we finally arrived in the room I would be staying in. Edward chuckled and set my bags down on my bed. Even the bedroom was big.

“I can unpack later. Let’s go do something,” I said feeling a rush of excitement even though I was tired a few minutes ago. Edward shook his head.

“I can read your mind. You need to rest for a little bit and then I can show you around. We have an entire week,” he replied with his killer smirk. I almost melted in my shoes.

Edward gently pushed me back onto the bed and we got comfortable. Once I relaxed, I felt the tiredness wash back over me and I was glad Edward stopped me from leaving the cabin. My eyes felt heavy and they slowly closed causing me to fall asleep with my head resting on Edward’s chest.

~*~

I woke up and found that Edward was gone. Slowly, I sat up and got off the comfy bed, stretching my arms above my head.

“Hello, Beautiful,” Edward whispered in my ear before wrapping his arms around me and softly kissing my neck. I felt a pleasant shiver run down my spine.

“Hello to you too,” I mumbled and turned around to wrap my arms around his neck.

“You slept for 2 hours. It’s almost one,” he told me. I grinned and let go of him to put my shoes on.

“Let’s go to the lake you were telling me about!” I grabbed Edward’s hand before he could reply and pulled him out of the room. I stood in the hallway not knowing which way led to an exit…

“This way,” he said, amusement evident in his voice. I grumbled under my breath and followed him out the door and into the fresh air. Edward took my hand again and we walked along a trail that led us to a lake. It was more like a pond, because I could see the end of it even though it was big.

Edward tugged on my hand and I saw that there was a small row boat tied to a wooden dock. I immediately thought of The Notebook and the kissing in the rain scene.

“I don’t think it’s going to rain,” Edward commented. I blushed and smacked his shoulder.

“Stay out of my head. How many times do I need to tell you that?” I asked. Edward just smirked and helped me into the boat before untying it and rowing it out into the middle of the pond/lake.

“It’s so pretty,” I mumbled looking at the fish swimming below the clear blue surface and dragonflies landing on the lily pads. For once I was really happy not to be living in Massachusetts.

“I like it too. The nature calms me down when I need it to.” I smiled and leaned over to see more of the fish when I felt the boat tilt. Edward quickly pulled me back so I wouldn’t tip us over.

“Careful there,” he said softly. I blushed again. Edward kept his arm around me and stared into my eyes. I felt my face grow redder when he didn’t break eye contact. Instead, he began to lean closer to me until our lips were almost touching.

“Edward…” he glanced down at my lips and back into my eyes before bringing his lips down onto mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my fingers played with the hair at the nape of his neck. I kissed him back and pushed myself closer to him.

Edward tightened his hold on me and for the first time ever, he deepened the kiss. I felt his tongue against my bottom lip so I barely opened my mouth. It was a battle between our tongues, but he easily won and dominated the kiss. Our bodies were pressed so close to each other that there was no space left between us.

I broke the kiss because I needed to breathe unlike he did. I kept my eyes closed and rested my forehead against the crook of his neck, breathing heavily still.

“That was new,” I whispered.

“That took most of my self control…” I looked up at my vampire boyfriend and smirked.

“Oh really? What would happen if I kissed you again?” I asked sitting up.

“That wouldn’t be a very good idea. I don’t have my body under control yet,” he said sternly, but I still leaned forward like I was going to kiss him.

“Andii, don’t…” he clenched his teeth and I saw his eyes beginning to grow darker. I smirked and shoved him. Caught off guard, Edward fell into the water, but he tilted the boat and I ended up in the water too. Our boat was flipped over…

“I thought that would have gone better,” I mumbled. Edward laughed and flipped the boat back over before climbing in and helping me back in. My shorts were soaked and my v-neck was sticking to my skin.

“You are a true genius,” he said sarcastically.

“Oh shut up,” I grumbled. Edward leaned forward and pecked my lips before rowing us back so we could go change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas(: More romance coming!