Status: In Progress...

When I Look At You

Chapter 12: He's Crazy About You and You're Crazy About Him

*Logan’s POV*
Within the next week, Steph had been released from the hospital and everything was pretty much back to normal…Everything that is, except for me and Addy. I don’t know how I can describe it; there are just no words to explain my feelings for her. I feel like I’ve known her my whole life and that feeling just grows with each passing day. When I see her smile, hear her laugh, my knees go weak and I feel like they’re going to collapse beneath me. Addy makes me feel different, a good kind of different; it’s nothing like how I used to feel with Rachel. Don’t get me wrong; I loved Rachel, more than anything. But, I think that I might love Addy more than that. Maybe I should talk to one of the guys about this, I mean it’s been three weeks and I just can’t help but feel this way anymore. I have been laying here in my bed for almost an hour trying to contemplate these feelings I have for her but I know I can’t figure it out on my own. So I finally got up and walked downstairs.

“Hey Zach, Greg, can I talk to you guys for a minute?” I asked them as I walked into the living room, where they were watching TV. Zach looked up and nodded, Greg turning off the TV. “Sure, what’s up man?” Zach asked as I sat with them. “Are the girls here?” I questioned quietly, not wanting them to hear any of what I had to say. “No, they went out for brunch with Steph and Bells.” Greg answered. I sighed and they looked at me. “What’s the matter bro?” they asked. “Guys, I think I’m in love with Addy.” I said quietly. I looked up at them and they smiled. “What?” I asked. “We already knew that.” Greg replied. “How?” I asked, confused. Zach chuckled. “Dude, every time she walks into the room you act like she’s the only girl that exists.” He replied. I blushed. “But the thing is, I feel guilty.” I said, looking down at my hands. “Why?” Greg asked. I shrugged. “Like, by loving Addy, I’m going to forget Rachel.” I admit, putting my head in my hands. I heard them sigh.

“Logan, Rachel would want you to be happy. She would want you to get on with your life.” Greg said to me, putting his hand on my shoulder. I sighed. “I don’t know guys. She probably doesn’t even feel the same way.” I add. Zach shook his head. “What?” I asked. “Dude, are you blind? She’s crazy about you!” he and Greg said at the same time. I shook my head. “I don’t know guys, I’m going for a walk; I’ll be back later.” I said, standing up and leaving the house; heading towards the beach. Rachel what am I going to do?

*Addy’s POV*
“So Addy, tell us; how do you like it down here?” Bells asked me. I smiled at her. Right now, I was at this diner by the beach with the girls for brunch. “I love it down here; I don’t think I ever want to leave.” I replied. The girls all smiled at me. “Any particular reason?” Cassie asked. “Yeah, anything having to do with a certain boy?” Steph hinted. I blushed. “No, why would you think that?” I asked. The girls laughed. “Oh come on, we aren’t stupid Addison. We know you know you like Logan.” Isabel replied. I felt my face heat up, meaning I was blushing more than I had been before. “I don’t know what you guys are talking about.” I said innocently. “Sweetie, we know you like him. We can see it in your eyes.” My cousin said, putting her hand on my mine. “And Addy, he likes you too. We can see it. It’s written all over your faces. You two are drawn to each other. When you guys are with each other it’s like you don’t realize anyone else is in the room.” Cassie adds. I shake my head. “I don’t know guys.” I reply. “C’mon Addy; he adores you! I saw the way he looked for you at the hospital. He was worried sick about you; like it was you who’d been hurt. He looked scared that he was going to lose you.” Isabel said. I looked down. Maybe they’re right. But what if they’re wrong? I’m not going set myself up to be hurt again.

“Guys, I don’t know. I mean, after what Eric did, I don’t know if I can put myself through it again.” I reply, feeling the tears behind my eyes. “Hun, you can’t go through the rest of your life scared that the one you love is going to hurt you. I’ve seen the way you and him act around each other. Addy, he’s crazy about you. I know Logan long enough to know how he is when he likes a girl. I mean, come on. The guy is my closest friend aside from Josh. I know how his mind works. He’s head over heels for you! And I can read you like an open book and what I’m reading right now is that you feel the same way about him.” Stephanie said to me. I looked at her and sighed. “You’re right Steph, but I don’t know. I really don’t want to get hurt again.” I replied. They all looked at me. “How about this then; just talk to him. Be yourself. We know he’s completely crazy for you. It’s only a matter of time before he tells you.” Isabel said. I smiled. “Thanks for the advice guys. Now can we please eat? I’m starving!!!” I said, getting the girls to laugh. Maybe they’re right.

Later that Night
*Logan’s POV*
We had a barbecue at the house tonight and everyone was there; Mel & Zach, Cassie & Greg, Bells & Ryan, Steph & Josh, and Addy. The whole night, I sat and wondered what I should do. Should I take the chance and be with her like I want too, or do I just let the chance pass me by. She’d look at me and I felt like my world was complete; like we were the only ones around. But I didn’t know whether or not I should even attempt to make a move on the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on. When the night was over, I still hadn’t made my decision and went up to bed just wondering what I should do. I fell asleep; my room the one next to Addy’s and slipped into a dream. “Logan….” I heard a familiar, distant voice call out to me. I turn and look around but can’t find anyone. I shrug and keep looking out to the ocean, which was in front of me. “Logan…” I heard the voice again, but this time it was closer. I turn and I see a figure walking towards me. I turn back to the water and the voice kept getting closer. The next time I turned to face the figure, my heart stopped. “Rachel?”