Status: In Progress...

When I Look At You

Chapter 15: Addy's Story and a Plan

*Addy’s POV*
I woke up in my room and felt so angry, hurt, betrayed; any negative emotion you can name, I felt it. How could he do this to me? Granted, he didn’t know what I went through back home but of all people, I figured Logan would be the one person who wouldn’t hurt me like that. I pulled my knees up to my chest as I looked out towards the balcony and just rested my head on top of them as the tears slowly started again. “Addy?” I heard Cassie’s soft voice through the door as she knocked lightly about two minutes later. I wiped the tears from my face quickly as I replied. “Come in.” I answered as she opened the door.

*Cassie’s POV*
It had been three hours and Logan was finalizing his plan to win Addy back. While the other girls helped Logan, I decided to check on Addy. I went up to her room and stopped outside the door, listening for any sound coming out of the room. I heard sniffling and felt terrible for her. I sighed and lightly knocked on the door. “Addy?” I called out softly, waiting for her response. “Come in.” I heard her shakily answer. I complied and slowly opened the door to find Addy sitting on her bed, knees pulled up to her chest. I could tell she was crying, even though she was trying to hide it. “Are you okay?” I asked softly as I walked over to her bed. I sat beside her as I waited for her response. “Yeah, I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be?” she questioned. “Addy, please don’t lie to me. You’re eyes and whole facial expression is giving you away.” I replied as nice as I could. She frowned and the tears slowly fell from her soft blue-grey eyes. “Oh Addy; I’m sorry.” I say as I hug her.

“I just don’t understand Cassie; I go to New York to get away from sleazebags like my ex; I come here and meet a guy who seems so unlike all the rest and he turns out to be just like them! What am I doing wrong?” she asked me as she cried on my shoulder. “You aren’t doing anything wrong Addy; but I can assure you that Logan is not like the rest of them. Why don’t you talk to him, let him explain?” I asked, trying to reason with her. She shook her head. “Let him talk his way out of it like the rest of them do? I’m done playing games Cassie. I’ve been hurt too many times to let this go.” She replied. I sighed as I heard Greg calling my name. “I gotta go Addy, but call me later okay? We can talk then.” I said, giving her a hug before leaving the room. I walk back downstairs to see Logan looking at me with hopeful eyes. “I hope you came up with a good plan because as of right now, you have got A LOT of work to do.” I said as I sat beside Greg on the couch. Logan frowned.

“How bad is it?” he asked. I shook my head. “Did she tell you what happened in New York yet?” Steph asked. He shook his head. “What happened?” he asked. I shook my head again. “We can’t tell you; it’s for her to tell. But it has a lot to do with what happened today.” I replied. “Well, hopefully when this plan works out she’ll tell me. I just hope she lets me explain myself before she shuts me out.” He responds. “Don’t worry Logan, she’s just angry right now; she’ll give you a shot, I know my cousin and she’ll listen.” Melissa said to him. “I hope so Mel, I hope so.” He replied.

*Logan’s POV*
After hearing from Cassie about how Addy was doing, my heart sunk. But my plan was all set up, and I was going to win Addy back. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy but I needed to win her back. She’s the only thing in my life that matters now aside from my family and friends. She’s become my life in such a short time and I can’t lose her, I just can’t. So this plan I devised is surely enough to win her heart back, it has to be enough. I just need her to let me explain. I need her to let me in, I need her to let me show that I am crazy about her and no one else. If this plan didn’t work, I don’t know what I’d do. I can’t lose Addy. I am going to do whatever it takes to get her to hear me out, she just has too.

*Addy’s POV*
After Cassie had left, I fell asleep again trying to forget what had happened. However, my dreams were clouded with visions of Logan, Jenn, and everything he had supposedly done. I woke up, the sweat pouring down my face and looked at the clock. It read in big, red numbers 9:55 PM. I sighed and decided that I might as well take a shower; it would make me feel better and more relaxed. I tiptoe out of my room and hear no noise in the house, though there are lights on. I guess everyone was out doing their own thing. I shrugged and walked into the bathroom, turning the water on as hot as I could tolerate it. I came out and slid on my grey & black plaid pajama pants and white v-neck, letting my hair fall around my shoulders looking wavy. I walked back into my room, putting my clothes in the hamper before sitting on my bed and taking out my favorite book, The Last Song. As I opened my book, I heard something hit my window. I sit up against my pillows, and stare at the balcony. No sound. I relax my body and get back to reading. Less than two minutes later, I hear it again. This time, I stand and walk over to the balcony, leaving my book on my bed. Opening the door, I step out and look over the ledge. I felt anger in my heart as I stared down at the culprit, hand filled with tiny pebbles. “Logan, what do you want?” I said, venom dripping off every word; he better have a good reason for this.

*Logan’s POV*
I stood below her balcony, a few feet back so I could aim well enough that the pebbles in my hand would reach her window. I threw a couple to find she was not coming out. I waited a few long, quiet minutes; the only noise coming from the waves crashing against the shore. When it was clear that the sound hadn’t been heard, I threw a few more pebbles. This time, it was only a short minute before the balcony door opened. Less than five seconds after that, my AddyRose walked out onto her balcony. I didn’t say a word, waiting for her next action. She looked over the ledge of the balcony and the minute she saw me, a look of anger washed over her face. “Logan, what do you want?”She asked bitterly. I sighed; I hope she just listens to what I have to say…