Status: In Progress...

When I Look At You

Chapter 2: Unofficial Meeting

*Mel’s POV*

I looked back at my cousin, and saw she was fast asleep. I sighed, noticing the dry tear stains on her cheeks. “You alright babe?” Zach asked me, turning his head slightly to check on me. “Yeah, I’m just worried about Addy.” I replied. He sighed. “I know you are babe, but give her time and maybe when she’s ready she’ll talk about it. Remember how Logan was after Rachel’s death? He didn’t want to talk about it for a while. But then he came to terms with it and he went back to normal.” He replied. I sighed. “Yeah, but these are two different circumstances; Rachel died in a car accident. But Addy’s boyfriend cheated on her, with her BEST friend.” I said. “That is true, but they both suffered a broken heart. It takes time to heal.” Zach said. I nodded. “Well, we’re almost home ; you might want to wake her up.” He added as we began driving down our street. I turn and try to wake her up, but she’s deep in sleep. I sigh. “I forgot she was a heavy sleeper.” I said as we pulled into the driveway. Zach chuckled. “Go into the house and have Logan carry her to her room. I’ll get her bags.” He replied. I nodded and kissed his cheek before getting out of the car and going into the house.

*Logan’s POV*

I was sitting in my bedroom at my family’s house on the beach when I heard the front door open and close. “Logan!” I heard Zach’s fiancée Melissa call through the house. I left my room and walked downstairs. “Yeah Mel?” I replied. “Can you come outside and help carry my cousin into the house while your brother and I get the bags.” She asked. I shrugged. “Sure. I’ll be right out.” I answered before going to my room and slipping on a t-shirt, then making my way downstairs. I went outside to see Zach and Melissa unloading the bags from the trunk of the car. “She’s in the backseat LJ, just be careful not to wake her; she’s had it rough the past few days.” Melissa said to me as I made my way over to the car. I nodded and slowly opened the door and my eyes widened when I laid my eyes on the young woman in the car.

I took one look at her and I felt my heart rate speed up. She was beautiful. I leaned into the car, and carefully picked her up into my arms. She wasn’t heavy and she looked like such an angel. I slowly walked with her in my arms as I followed Zach and Melissa inside. “Should I lay her on the couch or bring her up to her room?” I whispered softly so I wouldn’t wake the beauty in my arms. Melissa looked over at me. “Bring her to her room; that way she’ll be comfortable. I nodded and slowly walked upstairs with her. When I reached the room she’d be staying in, the one besides mine, I walked in and laid her under the covers. Before walking away I looked down on her. I didn’t meet her officially yet, but there was something about her. This makes me want to get to know her.

I shut the door quietly and walked back downstairs. “So that’s Addison?” I asked as I sat at the dining table with Zach and Melissa. Mel nodded. “Yeah. But she likes to be called Addy.” Mel replied. I nodded. “So why’d she come two months early?” I asked, curiously. Mel sighed. “It’s not for me to tell. But if she wants you to know, she’ll tell you. Just don’t press her for information okay? She’s had a rough couple of days.” She answered. I nodded. “Okay. What time is everyone else coming over?” I asked. Greg had gone out running earlier and the rest of the gang was coming over for a bonfire on the beach to meat Addy. “Well it’s 11 now.” Mel said, checking her watch. “I told Ryan and Josh to be here at 3 and they’re bringing Bella and Steph.” Zach added. Melissa nodded. “And Greg said he’d be picking Cassie up on his way back.” Mel said. I nodded. “Well, I’m gonna take a quick shower. I’ll see you guys in a bit.” I said before going back upstairs. On my way to the bathroom, I checked in on Addison to see her still sleeping. I shut her door again and went to take a shower.