Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Untitled

Jack’s POV

9:30pm. The party had been going on for about an hour and a half give or take. Personally I had been having fun. Up until around 9 when Kara and Rian had decided to abandon me. But then again, it’s her birthday. She wants to spend it with her man. There's a lot of people shoved into Kara’s rather spacious basement. It was packed. I shit ton of people were dancing to some upbeat pop punk track that the dj was spinning. Te sound of laughter from random groups around the room just audible over the bass line. I knew people were drinking. I could smell it to be honest. Of course I was restraining. I wouldn't want to drink without Alex being here.

I had been dancing with Zack and Alexandra, who rocked up about 40 minutes ago as well. But they seemed a little more interested in each other then hanging with me.

I was standing against the wall by the DJ, making myself as invisible as possible. Everyone was paired off and having fun. And im pretty sure a game of spin the bottle had already broken out; a group of possible singletons desperate for that drunken party hook up or maybe, trying to find what Kara and Rian have. Remember, they met and feel for each other at a party not long ago.

“Hey cutie,” a voice came from the other side of me and I turned slightly to face Jasey Rae; friend and one of Kara’s fellow cheerleaders. Also, a past hook up of my own.

“Hey Jasey,” I greeted her; not making eye contact.

“Wanna dance Jack?” she asked me; tipping the rest of the contents of her red plastic cup into her mouth and flashing me a 200 megawatt smile.

“No thanks,” I declined. “I’m not much of a dancer.”

“I beg to differ,” she smirked at me; leaning in. I smelt something on her breathe. Bourbon. “I’ve seen you dance Jack. You’re pretty good. Even when you’re grinding on that boyfriend of yours.”

She stepped even closer to me; draping her arms around my neck and grinding her hips against mine.

“You’ve got great moves,” she slurred. I grabbed her by the wrists and pulled her hands off me. She stepped a half step back.

“I know i've got moves Jasey,” I told her. “You’re just not the right partner.”

“I used to be,” she pouted and a frowned.

“Two years ago,” I told her. “then you spread all that shit about me.”

“Alright alright. Fine,” she held her hands up in mock surrender. “If you wont dance with me. Can I at least get you a drink? There's a lot of soft drink in the fridge.”

‘Okay,” I nodded. “I suppose that'll be alright.”

“I’ll be right back,” she smiled sweetly.

“Take your time,” I rolled my eyes as she walked away; slumping against the wall.

I looked back over the crowd; finding Kara and Rian slow dancing in the middle of it. The song called for obnoxious dancing similar to the moves of the people surrounding them. But they were completely lost in each other; her arms looped around his neck; his around her waist. oxygen couldn’t pass between them. Kara went up onto her tiptoes; leaning in close to Rian’s ear. She stayed there for a few moments before looking back up to Rian. He smiled and slid his hand into hers, before leading her out of the room. I smiled; thinking of Alex and the time we slow danced together. Back then, we hadn’t so much as kissed properly yet. So much has happened, so much has changed. God I missed him. I should have stayed with him tonight instead of coming here. I should have just spent the night curled up together in Alex’s bed watching Home Alone or something.

“Here you go gorgeous,” Jasey appeared in front of me; holding out a red cup to me and interrupting my thoughts.

I took it carefully.

“Enjoy the party sweetie,” she winked at me; turned on her heal and fled into the crowd.

I sniffed the drink carefully and not finding anything suspicious about it, I took a sip.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the reason this is called untitled is because well. i couldnt think of a title for it. i really culdnt.
i scanned trhough my itunes trying to find an appropriate title and i just couldnt.
but whatever.
anyway!
comments please.
:)