Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Alright

Alex’s POV

The Monday after Jack had been discarged was met with a feeling of change. It was the sudden yank of Jacks hand that had me stopping in my tracks. I looked back to my boyfriend and to be truthful he was hardly recognisable. Usually, you’d find Jack Barakat bounding towards the doors of school. Usually, he’d be smiling, dragging me behind him over to Zack and Rian. Usually he’d be desperate to spill the beans over the weekends activities, complimenting Kara’s outit for the day; that is if she wasn’t wearing her cheer leading uniform, comparing lunches with Zack or whining about some stupid homework that had ‘slipped his mind.’ Usualy, the glow in his cheeks was bright, his eyes excited, his shoulders back and a grin spread across his face.

But this Jack had little to no colour in his face, the frown on his face looked permanently etched on his face, his shoulders were slumped and the fear was more then evident in those usual gorgeous bright eyes. He looked, defeated.

“Jack baby,” I said quietly turning to face him; taking his other hand in my free one.

Jack kept his eyes fixed on the building behind me. I sifted; successfully catching and drawing his eyes to mine.

“It’s going to be okay,” I told him; smiling.

“How do you know?” he whispered. “How do you now Chris isn’t sanding behind those doors waiting to finish me off?”

“Jack….”

“No, im serious,” he pushed. “Lex. Chris has been bullying me since the start of middle school. It started with stupid things. My height, my nose, the stupid hunch in my back and now. This being gay thing. Or whatever the hell I am; its just more ammunition.”

“Jack. You are Jack. And there’s nothing wrong with that,” I told him. “You are an absolutely beautiful human being. And I just… I am so fucking pissed off…” Jack looked up at that. “That Chris and Riley has taken tht away from you. He’made you completely fall inside of yourself and close off. I want open and honest Jack. I want giggling anf flirty Jack. I want my Jack back.”

“You’re Jack’s right here. I’ll always be your Jack,” he sniffled a little and then looked down. “I just feel a little broken right now.”

I leaned in and rubbed my nose gentley against his.

“Well, I guess I’m going to have to fix you then, wont i?”

Jack’s eyes lit up every so slightly and he offered a small smile.

“Come on,” I tugged gently on both of his hands; walking backwards towards the school before stepped back beside him.

As I pulled open the door leading into the main hall way, Jack’s grip on my hand got tighter. He laced his fingers through mine and I squeezed in assurance. Jack shared a glance with me and I heard him take a deep breath.

“Everything’s okay Jack,” I smiled. “Nobodys even looking at us.”

Jack’s POV

I chanced a look up over the crowd and sure enough, no one was even looking our way. Everyone was enthralled in their own conversations, smiling and laughing along with people in their group. Alex led the way over to our lockers and tried to pull his hand free. I reluctantly let go and turned to open my own locker. I swallowed; trying to keep my nerves under control.

I couldn’t help it. As much as I was telling myself everything was fine, every thing was going to be okay. As much as Alex was reassuring me with his beautiful smiles, hand squeezes and side long glances. And as much as it was unlikely that Chris would approach me in a hall way full of people, I couldn’t help the feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was going to go wrong. I was absolutely petrified of being here. Regardless of Chris always being there, I had never been scared to come to school before. I had hardly slept last night. I had even contemplated calling Alex at 2:30 this morning just to see if he could make me feel better but that wouldn’t have been fair. My mum was wary of me returning. Apparently I looked nervous. I had to assure her I was okay. I wanted to see Alex.

I glancd around the corridor trying to catch a glimpse of Chris or Riley or one of heir mates just so I knew where they were. I hated not knowing. It would give m some sort of piece of mind if I could find them. But unfortunately….

“We should probably go and let the principal know,” Alex interrupted my thoughts, leaning against is locker with his shoulder. “Because really. Chris deserves to get his arse handed to him.”

I shook my head quickly in response.

“Jack.”

“No. there’s no point.”

“Why not?”

“There was no witnesses,” I told him simply. “I was the only one in that damn locker room. Itd be my word againt theres.”

“But you’re words worth more,” Alex continued. “You’ve still got bruises all over you Jack. Physical evidence of the abuse.”

“But no evidence of who did it,” I argued.

Alex slid his hadn back io mine and I gripped it much like I had before. I heard him sigh as the bell rung over our heads.

“Look Jack, I have to go to history,” he told me. “theres apparently a test im going to fail today so..”

“Its okay,” I plastered on a smile.

“You going to be alright babe?”

“Oh yeah. I’m fine,” I grinned my best grin at him. “im better then fine. Don’t worry about me.”

“Only if you’re sure,” Alex said. “I sort of don’t want to leave you. Isn’t Chris in your first class?”

“Go to class,” I kissed him on the cheek quickly. “And yeah. He is. But so is Zack so, I’ll be okay.”

I reluctantly let go of Alex’s hand and he smiled at me. He pressed a soft kiss to my lips.

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” I replied.

With one more smile Alex walked away. I watched him go, suddenly feeling very loney and absolutely shit scared. Alex glanced over his shoulder once to smile at me again befre turning the corner at the end of the corridor.

“snap out of it Jack,” I whisered to myself.

A squeaked against the linoleum had me spinning on my heel to look the other way. The janitor pushed their cart lowly passed me, looking me up and down as he did so. i exhaled and bit down hard on my lip; looking around the corridor.

“I cant do this,” I whispered to myself again; before walking in the direction Alex had.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay. so, here's a quick little update for you guys. thankfully you didnt have to wait like, a month, for one.
i wrote this literally in about 20 minutes, late last night while listening to Glee Presents the Warblers. i hope you guys like it. i guess it was sort of necessary to make Jack nervous about going back. wouldnt you be?

on a different note. if you dont already and want to not have to wait for email notifications AND you like tumblr alot you can follow me. i usually link my posts there so....
"tumblr
my url has changed since the last time i did this so. yeah.
COMMENT! tell me what you thought please. :)