By the Light of the Northern Star

My Destiny

As the night ended, I was dreading the next day.

“Anna are you okay?” Héri asked as we laid in his bunk.

“Yeah, I’m just exhausted. I’m so glad I decided to say yes to you.”

“Me too,” he said snuggling closer.

I fell asleep hoping that the talk tomorrow would be okay. Erik was one of my favorite people that I had met.

The Next Day

It was early in the morning and I got up and wandered outside. I took my guitar and my iPod to entertain myself. I turned the song to “My Destiny” by Leaves’ Eyes. I was so glad I learned this song. It was one of my favorites.

My destiny
I made a promise I couldn't keep
I left my love on northern ground
My destiny
My destiny...

I'm so lost, I am damned
In this grey lonely valley (I'm damned)
Starless night, so vast and so black
My prayers slowly sink to a whisper
I see your smile, but then I see your eyes
Through the mist of tears


Chorus:
I'm falling into the deep
I'm falling
Drowning in memories (my destiny)
I made a promise
A promise
I'm drowning in destiny (my destiny)
My destiny
My destiny...

All my hopes
Fearless pride
Drowned in smoke and ash (and ash)
A color red
Forsaken blood on ice
The evening dance on me
And do you care
Where I sleep
Do you mind my destiny?


Repeat Chorus

The color red
Blood on ice
The evening dance on me
Do you care
Where I sleep
Do you mind my destiny?


Repeat Chorus

My destiny (it's my destiny)
My destiny (my destiny)
My destiny


I opened my eyes. I saw Erik standing there.

“Hey Anna, I’ve always wondered something.”

“What is it darling?” I drawled.

“Why do you close your eyes when you do that?”

“Well I only do it if I have the iPod on. Doing three things at once is kind of hard. Come on sit next to me.” I coaxed.

“I have to talk to you. We have talked about it before but I was just wondering how you felt about everything that happened last night. I hope that we can still have a friendship. Some people would start acting like asses.” I smirked.

“It doesn’t bother me. It’s not like you kissed him to make me jealous. You actually love Héri and you’re not the vindictive type.”

“Good, I just have this awful feeling that people are always mad at me.”

“Don’t worry Anna. You’re really sweet, caring, and I don’t see why someone could be mad at you.”

I hugged Erik and whispered an, “Thank you E” into his ear.

“Anna, I’ve gotta go wake up the guys. We have to leave a little early. Here’s my number and e-mail. If you ever need to talk don’t hesitate to contact me.”

“Thank you, I will make sure to get back to you. Most likely at the end of the tour.” I said and waved goodbye.

When I got back, Elise was up and she saw me come in.

“Hey girlie, where you been?”

“Oh I had a talk with E. We’re on good terms and he’s still a good friend.”

“We’re gonna be in Texas after this. I’m glad we can finally spend some more time together. It’s been so hectic with the boys.”

“Good we should wake the guys. We’re gonna have to leave soon.”

It went smoothly getting out of there. We were able to get everyone up and ready to leave. We all said our goodbyes with hugs and handshakes. We were soon on our way to Texas. Elise and I decided we would go sightseeing when we get there.

“So Anna, how are you feeling now?” Chris asked me.

“What do you mean?” I asked nervously.

“Well I heard what had happened. Not with detail, on your thing with Héri.”

“Oh yeah we’re great. I know everyone was there when it happened or was told already. Thanks for asking.”

“You might not think so, but I feel a strong need to protect you. Maybe because you look young and remind me of my sister not sure. I feel like I have to make sure you’re okay.” He explained.

“Thanks Chris. Are you going to do anything when we get to Texas? I would love it if you would join Lee and me.”

“I would really like that. I have to go; Gareth says he is dying to show me something.”

He walked away and Lee came by with Gunnar and sat beside me.

“Wanna watch Anchorman?” Gunnar asked looking at me.

“Absolutely, I love that movie. I think I know every line in it.” I said.

“Cool,” Lee agreed and put the movie in.

I fell asleep halfway through the movie. I was so tired from getting to sleep late and waking up too early.

I awoke the next morning in the bunk, next Héri. I checked my watch and it was 3:30 a.m. I cuddled into Héri’s arms and fell asleep instantly. Staying up late was not a good idea.

I struggled to sit up the second time I got up. I was still in Héri’s arms and I slipped out of the bunk.

When I got to the living area, the sun was up and it was warm. I noticed that Christopher was up. He was sipping some coffee and working on his laptop.

“Hey Chris, what time is it?” I asked.

“It’s about 8 a.m., how are you this morning?” He asked.

“Oh I’m great, still a little tired and sore. I’ve never really talked to you and I don’t know that much about you. Is it okay if I ask about you?” I said awkwardly.

“Well, I know a bit about you. I guess it would be nice if I told you a little bit about myself.”

I sat down and got comfortable on the couch as he began.

“Well I was born in Gravesend U.K. on June 23, 1986. I’m in another band Splen playing keyboards. I love a varied amount of music. I have a beautiful girlfriend named Bianca. I live in Perth now. My life wasn’t that interesting. No one has ever really heard of Gravesend. That’s about it really.” He said.

“I lived in small town in Florida. I was born December 10, 1987. We have the same sense in music as much as I can tell. Lee taught me how to play guitar.”

“Hey would you like to see my other band play?”

“I would love that.” I scooted closer.

He and I watched some footage he had his friend take and talked. Chris and I became closer that very instance.

“Hey Chris, Anna, what’s up?” Héri asked.

“Chris was just showing me his band Splen. They’re good and now I have a new friend.” I said going to hug him.

“See I told you if you opened up a little you would find your friends were right in front of you.” Héri said giving me a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone likes this even though it's a little bit of filler.