By the Light of the Northern Star

Everything's Just Wonderful

We all sat down and watched funny YouTube videos until the others woke up. It was Chris, Gunnar, Elise, I, and Héri sitting waiting for breakfast to be done.

“So Anna what have you been doing? I feel like we never talk anymore.” Lee said to me.

“Well I hung out with Chris and Héri all morning. I feel so much better since yesterday. All the loose ends are tied and I feel great.”

“Well we’re gonna stop soon. We have to get gas.” The driver told us.

“Good we can stock up the fridge,” I offered as we all grabbed some breakfast.

I loved eating Kári’s cooking. I was glad to finally have some normalcy to this tour. I was becoming better friends with everyone and Lee and I would finally have time to spend together.

We got to the gas station and we stacked up. Lee and I were about to grab drinks when I got a text. It was Erik.

Hey, Anna just sitting on the bus, wondering what u was up 2?

I typed a quick reply and we continued to get things. When I got back on the bus, I started texting Erik.

We just got back on the bus. We’re gonna watch a movie l8er. Are you ok?”

Sure but now, I have to go. Just text me when you’re off tour so we can talk longer.

We typed goodbyes and the others were just getting back.

“Hey Anna, want some skittles?” Lee asked.

“Sure. Do ya’ll wanna watch ‘The Rocker’?” I asked.

“That would be great.” Gunnar and Dani replied in unison.

I sat in Héri’s lap as Lee and Gunnar. I was glad to have everyone back and in better spirits. Last night took a toll on everyone’s pattern. We were out later than usual.
When the movie everyone went their separate ways.

“Does anyone mind if I put some music on?” No one minded so I turned on my iPod.

The first song to drift out of the speakers was “Paparazzi” by Lady Gaga. To see the faces on everyone was hilarious.

“What I like Lady Gaga.” I said blushing.

It did not take long until songs that the whole bus appreciated came on. Lee and I danced to Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and the small amount of pop music.

The bus stopped and I looked out the window. “We’re here,” Gareth announced.

When everyone had stepped out Héri said he wanted to talk.

“I was just waiting until we had time to talk.” He started. “I want you to know that I like you.”

“I know Héri I like you too. I still feel a little bad about running away. I was wondering if you would like to make it official. We can go on a date before the concert tomorrow.”

“Wow you read my mind.” He said brushing some hair from my face.

He leaned closer. He smelled like strawberry syrup and he touched my lips lightly and quickly deepened the kiss. We were interrupted by a cough.

I saw Jonne from Korpiklaani looking in the door.

“Are you guys coming or not. We have to get some rooms.”

“Yes Jonne, we’re coming.” I answered turning crimson.

Héri and I looked sheepishly at each other and turned hand in hand to join the others.

When we finally got to our rooms, we were exhausted. Tomorrow was the concert and we all had to sleep after unpacking.

I woke up early the next morning. I left a note to Héri that I was going to the lobby. I was surprised to see Hittavainen. He was on the phone with a distraught look on his face. I sat next to him and waited.

When he hung up I asked, “Hittavainen what’s wrong?”

“Well my girlfriend is mad she can’t come with us. We just started dating and isn’t used to touring yet.”

“Well why don’t you invite her. If Elise and I can come she can too.”

“I guess if she can get a plane out to the next gig.”

“I’m always here to help. Do you want to go get some breakfast with me?”

“Sure I’ve never really talked to you. It would be nice to hang out with a female for once.”

“Its okay being with guys too much can get annoying.” I answered jokingly.

It was nice to have time with one of the Korpiklaani boys other than Cane. Hittavainen was so interesting. I always enjoyed watching him play violin but his personality was just as interesting.

“Hittavainen you’re so much fun,” I remarked.

“You know I never knew how much of a cool person you are. I’ve never had any time to talk to you before. We share many common things. What about your family?”

“Well I use to spend every day with my grandparents while my mom worked. She would pick me up a little after five. When I got to my first year of high school, I could come home after school. When Elise moved down I got a job, an apartment, and she helped me get through my boyfriend leaving. I still don’t like my mom but I still love my other family members. I was an only child and now were here.” I explained.

“That’s a very strange way to grow up. I guess everything happens for a reason. Forget about all that stupid crap and let’s go get the others.”

When we got back, everyone was in Héri and I’s room. Everyone was talking about the tour when we walked in.

“Hey guys I’m so glad you’re back.” Lee said.

“Yeah I have one thing to ask is it okay if Hittavainen’s girlfriend comes with us?”

“She said she could fly herself to our next gig and come with us.” Hittavainen explained.

“That’s fine,” Jonne, answered.

“We are coming up with a plan for the day and Juho was about to explain it.” Héri said as I sat next to him.

“Since Lee and Anna wanted to go out we thought they could spend today together until one o’clock. Héri, Anna, Lee, and Gunnar wanted dates today. So at four they can go out and be back in time for the concert at seven.” Juho clarified.

“Sounds good to me, is that all?” I said.

“Yeah so everyone go get ready and we’ll be all set.” Juho answered.

We set out to get ready for today. I was glad to have a date with Lee and a date with Héri. Nothing could go wrong today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. Hope everyone enjoys this chapter.