By the Light of the Northern Star

Never Let You Go

The Wedding Day

Early Morning

“Elise come on, we need to get to the salon soon.” Anna yelled up the stairs.

Everyone were off on their beauty excursions while Elise and Anna would go together. Anna had to keep an eye on Elise. She was so flustered and rushed.

She came down the stairs dressed and ready. She looked kind of sad with her face flushed.

“Elise are you okay. You look like you want to barf.” Anna exclaimed.

“Yeah I’m alright. I could hardly sleep last night and I think I’m coming down with something.”

“Oh no, I really hope you can go through with this today.”

“Anna, I Elise McCready is ready to become Elise Thompson. Come hell or high water this wedding is happening.” Elise said her lips breaking out into a grin.

When the girls got to the bridal dressing room Elise was still feeling a bit sick but it quickly would pass and the girls could continue getting ready.

“Anna do you think I can make it through today? I’m feeling a little nervous about all of this.”

“I’m sure that’s why you feel sick. It’s just nerves and cold feet. I know that you and Gunnar love each other more than anything else. He would never leave you and I know for a fact he will always be there for you. Come on, it’s time.” Anna finished and started walking Elise to her father.

“Elise you look beautiful,” Her mother said upon seeing her daughter.

An usher walked her mother to her seat at the front of the church. We saw Gunnar’s parents whom we had meet the weekend before the wedding. They automatically loved Elise and were glad to see their son happy.

The music started and Elise and her father walked down the aisle. Everyone awed at the bride.

The wedding went really well despite the bride looking a little under the weather. When the vows were said and it was time for the crowd the file out, Elise looked relieved. I think she was finally able to relax.

Reception

“So the day finally came. I knew Gunnar would be the first to get married. He always had long term relationships and swear he would marry her one day. When he met Elise I knew she would be the one. He looked at her all the time, asked her a bunch of question when he first saw her, and spent all of his available time with her. So congratulations to you and your bride.” Héri said finishing his speech.

Anna stood up and knew exactly what to say.

“When I first met Elise she was always pretty happy but she never really had a long term relationship. So when she met Gunnar something happened. She was never sad because every time Gunnar was around she would smile and her mood changed. He was the best thing to happen to her. I automatically knew they would be together forever. He was the only thing that Elise could count on never to let her down. Congrats to my honorary sister and her amazing husband.”

It was soon time for the couples’ first dance. While that was happening the girls were getting their instruments ready and as the song wound down, the music became quiet, and the girls started playing.

We decided on a rocked up version of “Never Let You Go” by Justin Bieber. It was a romantic song but I knew Elise would want a rock song.

Afterwards it was time to dance. I met a lot of Elise’s family and had a great time. I was sitting down resting when none other than Jeff Loomis sat next to me. I turn towards him and poked his arm.

“Yes,” he said turning towards me.

“Not to sound like one of those fan girls but you’re Jeff Loomis. What are you doing here?”

“I’m Elise’s cousin on her mother’s side. I’m surprised she never mentioned me. She’s one of my best friends.”

“Well come on you have to meet the rest of our extended family.” I dragged him over to where all the girls and guys were resting at.

“Hello everyone since Elise forgot to mention something I’m here to. This is Elise’s favorite cousin Jeff… Loomis.” Anna said excited.

“Jeff you made it. I thought you wouldn’t be able to make it.” Elise said excitedly.

“Well at the last minute I was able to get here.”

Elise ran up and hugged him after the shock wore off. Anna reclaimed her seat next to Héri.

“This is beautiful,” Anna said after the others had resumed talking.

“Yeah and you’re beautiful,” Héri said turning to look at me.

He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and stared at me for a second.

“Why are you looking at me weird?” Anna asked him.

“I’m just really in love with you. Maybe it’s the wedding bliss but I feel more in love with you then ever.”

“You know I do to. I just think we’re so excited and already in love that it just feels much stronger now.”

I kissed him and we moved closer together to watch the wedding. I thought about if I got married. My wedding would be even more thought out then this was. We didn’t have much time to get this wedding together but it was so much fun.