By the Light of the Northern Star

White Horse

When I saw him and sighed in relief. He looked normal enough and cute in an odd way. Watain consisted of Erik Danielsson, Håkan Jonsson, and Pelle Forsberg. The guys go by the first letter in their first names.

“Well hello there Ben and Sammy. Who are these two girls here with you?” Erik said.

When Gunnar heard this, he put his arm around Lee protectively.

“Well Mr. Danielsson, I’m Anna and this is my friend Elise.” I said walking up to him and extending my hand.

I was amazed at how cool I sounded. Usually I was nervous around new people.

“Well it is very nice to meet you two.” He said shaking my hand and staring at me the whole time.

After an hour of getting to know each other, the other bands finally made it. Three hours prior to the show. I got to meet so many cool people. I instantly became friends with Erik Danielsson, James Hetfield, Vreth, and George Fisher. I felt more at home because the other bands had more in common with me.

“Anna where the hell is Christopher we’re on in five minutes?” Gareth asked.

“I saw him behind the stage before I left. He should still be there.”

“Thanks Anna, you are a life saver.” He said kissing me on the cheek.

Gareth and I started talking about music earlier and he was a new friend of mine. I turned around and saw Erik standing there.

“Hey Anna, what’s wrong? You look upset.” He said.

“Nothing really it’s just I have a lot on my mind. I mean helping these absentminded boys get their things together, help find band members, and my own sordid relationship feelings is getting to me.

“With that Gareth guy or is it Héri you keep looking at. Your Bella looking at Edward from across the lunchroom.”

When he said that I started laughing.

“Wait, wait how the hell do you know about Twilight.” I managed to say through my laughs.

“My teenage cousin is always watching that movie and telling me about those books. You never answered my question.” He said coming closer.

“It’s Héri okay. I’m scared to death to ask him out because I’m scared of rejection. My old boyfriend ripped out my heart and I don’t know if I can go through something that horrid again.” I said with tears slipping from my eyes.

The sobs started and Erik grabbed me in his arms and gave me a hug.

“It’s okay Anna,” he murmured in my hair while rubbing small circles on my back.

He pulled away to face me.

“Tell me what happened.” Erik said.

We sat down and talked during Alestorm’s set. He told me that I just had to go for it. I was unaware how that would play out.

Lee’s POV

I left Gunnar to getting the band together so I could talk to Héri alone. I took him aside.

“Héri do you like Anna?” I asked.

My question must have caught him off guard because it took him a second.

“Elise, I think I love her.”

“Well why the hell is it taking so long. She likes you too but she’s scared of being rejected and after the pain she’s been through, I understand her hesitation. You have to make the first move.”

“I know Elise. I love everything about her the way her nostrils flare when she’s mad, the way she wrinkles her nose when she smells something bad, and a bunch of other things that make me crazy about her. I promise tonight after our set I’ll talk to her.”

“Thanks Héri,” I said.

Normal POV

I ran to the stage to watch the Týr boys play their set. I was going to take Lee’s advice and wait for him to ask me himself. I focused on Héri the whole time until I was taken out of my reverie by Lee putting her hand on my shoulder.

I heard Héri start talking the audience.

“How is everyone doing?” He said to a loud roar from the crowd.

“Well for our last song I’m inviting some friends up here with me.”

“Come on Anna,” I heard Lee say to me.

“Welcome Elise and Anna to the stage. They will be joining in on the song “Wings of Time.” He announced to the crowd.

Elise and I started the song and the band joined in during the chorus. I felt so nervous but after a few seconds, I started to feel a lot better.

After the song, we all walked off stage. While everyone started walking away, Héri, and I stopped right off the stage.

“Anna I really like you and I was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend?” He asked.

For some reason my mind said yes and my body told me to run. I took my gut feeling, said something along the lines of I can’t, and ran to the bus.

When I got there, I knew what I had to do to calm down. I grabbed an acoustic guitar, sat with my back to the door, and started to sing.

Say you’re sorry, that face of an angel
Comes out just when you need it to
As I paced back and forth all this time
Cause I honestly believed in you
Holding on the days drag on
Stupid girl, I should’ve known
I should’ve known


Chorus:
I’m not a princess, this ain’t a fairytale
I’m not the one you’ll sweep off her feet
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain’t Hollywood, this is a small town
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it’s too late for you and your white horse
To come around

Maybe I was naïve, got lost in your eyes
And never really had a chance
My mistake, I didn’t know to be in love
You had to fight to have the upper hand
I had the so many dreams about you and me
Happy endings, well now I know


Repeat Chorus

And there you are on your knees
Begging for forgiveness, begging for me
Just like I always wanted, but I’m so sorry…

Cause I’m not your princess, this ain’t a fairytale
I’m gonna find somebody someday
Who might actually treat me well
This is a big world, that was a small town
There in my rearview mirror disappearing now

And it’s too late for you and your white horse (x2)
To catch me now
Oh and try to catch me now
It’s too late to catch me now


The tears slowly slid down my cheeks.

“Anna,” I heard behind me.

“Hi Héri,” I said nervously. “I’m sorry about that.”

“Anna, Elise told me that you might run away. I need to know, what happened in your last relationship that made you scared?” He asked me.

“Well the guy I was dating sat down and told me that he was seeing another girl and he told me he was sorry so I took him back. I later found out that he was still seeing her and when I confronted him, he said that he was sorry and that it would never happen again. I told him he was not sorry and that he should just leave. Then once Elise moved here, I got everything together and now I don’t know what to think.”

“Anna, don’t worry. This is a fairytale and you are my princess. And if you let me I want to carry you off with me on a white horse.” He said.

“That is really corny but it works.” I said giggling a bit.

I got closer to him and slowly our lips touched and we kissed. That kiss lasted for the longest time and I melted into it. I was so glad I listened to Erik. He told me that when the moment was right I would say yes. We decided to tell everyone and watch the rest of the bands. I looked around for Erik but I figured I could thank him when it was his turn to perform.

I was so glad that I took a chance on Héri. Maybe Taylor Swift was a little wrong in this case.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.