Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Those Three Words

I figured as much that the lingerie wasn't the end of it. I looked at him in shock. What else could he want other than this?

"What do you want me to do next? Cook again?" I laughed at the last part. I wouldn't mind cooking for him again. I liked to cook, but I didn't like doing a lot of things.

"No not cooking," he let go of me, turned the lights down, moved the coffee table and grabbed a random remote. He grabbed my hand and lead me to the middle of the room while pressing a button on the remote.

"I know this is really cheesy and all, but I just want to dance with you. I haven't danced with anybody in a really long time. The last time I did I ended up getting into a fight with a guy because the girl was his girlfriend. So I just want to dance." This was the most unexpected thing he could ask for.

"That's it? Just a dance?" I was utterly confused. Of all the things, a dance. I looked into his eyes and could see that there was no strings attached, nothing but pure honesty.

"That's it. Just a dance." He held out his hand which I skeptically took. I could dance pretty well if someone was leading me right. For some reason Chris didn't seem like a guy that could slow dance very well. He proved me wrong.

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol started playing through his CD player. He tossed the remote onto the couch and put that hand on my waist, still holding my hand with his other one. I put my open hand on his shoulder.

He surprised me a great deal. We were swaying to the beat. He spun me around and I was back to him, closer than before. I laid my head on his chest to listen to his heart beat along to the song. He started singing on the second verse, well.

"I don't quite know how to say how I feel. Those three words I've said too much. They're not enough." I picked my head up to look into his eyes. "If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

He smiled at me and I picked up the verse. "Forget what we're told. Before we get too old. Show me a garden that's bursting into life."

We both carried onto the next verse, staring into each others eyes and didn't stop dancing. He twirled me again but I didn't lose the verse. Our dancing got more complicated, but I didn't notice at all. We moved about the room with a grace that couldn't really be compared. He twirled me again but this time I ended up with my back to him with his cheek pressed to mine. He spun me around again and now I was facing him once more.

The last verse came up and he spun me to end the song. He bowed and I curtsied in my little tutu thing, just like you see in mid-evil timed movies. He walked over to turn the lights back on, but I didn't let him. I grabbed his hand before he had the change and pulled him towards me.

"Is there any part of you that isn't romantic?" I asked him and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Yeah, the part of me that's full of lust that really wanted to see you in lingerie." He smirked and moved a stray hair away from my face.

"I think that part is too, even if it's really deep down." He bent down and kissed me like he never had before. I kissed him back and he lead us to the couch where we sat, just kissing. My hands snaked around his neck and my fingers played with his hair. I laid down on the couch and pulled him with me, never breaking our kiss.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes. He gave a soft smile and planted a kiss onto my forehead before trying to get up. I wouldn't let him. I pulled his head back down and looked into his eyes.

"I love you." I said and kissed his cheek. I let my hold of him go, but he didn't move. He smiled and kissed my forehead again.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know, this is like the CHEESIEST chapter ever. But come on, who wouldn't want a boyfriend like Chris????? so comment and tell me if your boyfriend has done anything Chris has ;D and if you don't have one, well then comment and say what you would like one to do [: give me some ideas ;D