Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

With The Birds I'll Share This Lonely View

It started out normal. Went to first hour and to second hour. Chris dismissed the other students for third hour and we just hung out in his room like a normal day. Everything was fine then. I went to the cafe the next two hours, ate my hearts worth of chocolate chip cookies, did some homework and seventh hour rolled around.

I was walking to Chris's room after the bell for seventh hour rung for students to be in their classes. One of the teachers stopped me on the way and was asking me tons of questions for some reason. It's not like his class was my class, but I wanted to be there all the same. I started to get impatient with the teacher and gave her short answers. She noticed my anger, said thank you and walked off.

My anger turned into glee at the thought of seeing Chris again. I couldn't stand not seeing him, he was like a drug and I was the worst drug addict in the world. I picked up my pace a little to get to his room. I knew nobody would be in there except him. Boy, was I wrong.

I opened his door and turned the corner to see him standing against the wall kissing a girl in the grade below me. He saw me and pushed the girl away. He got up and started running towards me. I was in too much shock to talk to him so I turned and ran the other way. I wanted out of the school.

"Charlie!" He called and ran after me. He caught up to me, grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. "Charlie! Would you just listen to me?"

"What? Do you trick all your students into bed with you Chris? Is that what I am is just a fuck?" I spat and tried getting away from his grip, it didn't work.

"She kissed me Charlie! I swear I didn't do anything!" He was frantic now. His grip on me tightened.

"You said you were in love with me." I whispered, it was too hard to talk in my normal voice without it quavering. The tears were starting to run down my face now.

"She's nothing, I swear. She came on to me, I asked her to leave. She wouldn't and pinned and kissed me. I swear that's the truth. I am in love with you." He was talking in a hushed tone now as to not be heard by any more teachers or students.

"I don't believe you. Now let me go Mr. Spencer or I'll make a scene." I was angry and hurt and wanted nothing more than to be away from him at the moment. His arms dropped to his sides and all he did was stare at me while I walked away from him.

***What Really Happened. Chris's PoV***

My sixth hour class just got out and I could not wait until seventh hour so I could see Charlie. A few of the students held back so I could answer their questions one by one. Most of them left except a girl named Valerie who kept asking questions. Like a good teacher I answered all of them until she started asking strange ones.

"What do you like in a girl?" This question was out of nowhere. She looked at me, expecting and answer that I did not provide.

"I think you should go to your next class." She took a step closer toward the opening between my deck and the wall.

"I would really like to know though." She was coming closer still, so I gave the only threat I could come up with.

"Go to your next class or you get a months detention." I stood up and backed against the wall. She had me trapped and I didn't know what to do. I guess you could say that I froze out of shock of what was happening. She was inches from me now.

"You can't scare me with detention." I flinched as her hand touched my cheek. She grinned, leaned forward and kissed me. I was horrified. I looked to the left of me and Charlie was there. I pushed Valerie away and ran towards her, hoping she had come in during the talking part. Of course she hadn't.

***Back to Charlie's PoV***
I went home. I didn't know what else to do. Chris kept calling and texting me wanting to talk about it. I didn't answer or reply to the messages. I got through my front door and collapsed in the doorway. I seemed to pick myself up but the rest was a daze. I didn't know how I ended up in my room. How long I had been laying here or why Becky was sitting on my bed comforting me.

She, of course, didn't know what was going on. I somehow managed to tell her that I caught the guy I was seeing kissing another girl. She didn't know I was seeing a guy, I couldn't tell her the name. She'd find out everything.

I fell asleep at about 1:00am. Becky was still there and insisted on sleeping over. She pulled out extra mattress from my parents room and slept on that. I did not sleep well, at all. I kept having dreams about him. Some were good, some were bad, but I didn't want to have them at all.

I woke up at about 10:00. Becky insisted that I stayed home from school and she stayed home with me. We talked for hours, never about the subject I wanted to talk about, but just random things. It cheered me up a bit, I could actually walk around now.

"That's it, you're going out. We're going to have fun and you're going to forget all about Whatshisface." I looked up at her, my eyes were dry from crying so much so nothing else would come out.

"I'd rather not go anywhere right now. I wouldn't have any fun." I knew I would be going anyway. Becky always got me to go places.

"I don't care. You're going out. You already said you would go to that party with me." A party, that might help me with forgetting about him.

"Fine, I'll go, but no promises on having fun." She didn't hear the last part. She was already picking out clothes for me to wear and doing my makeup because I wouldn't. Before I knew anything had actually happened we were at the front door of somebody's house.

That was almost the last time I saw Becky all night. I tried to keep a smile on my face as I grabbed the plastic red cups everyone was so familiar with. This would make me forget everything. I drank just enough so I could still walk but couldn't think straight.

Some guy started talking to me. He was smoking pot and blowing the smoke in my face, making me want to try it. He offered it to me and I gladly took it. Taking a few puffs and handing it back to the guy. I was no longer interested in him. The music was pounding my ears and all I wanted to do was sleep. I went up the stairs to find a room to sleep in, but someone followed me into the darkness.

I found an empty room and sat on the bed, waiting for sleep to take hold of me. I heard the door open and close and two hands were pressed firmly on my shoulders. I didn't know what was happening. Someone was trying to talk to me but I refused to listen to them. The got up and flicked the light on. It was the last person I wanted to see. Chris.

The light sobered me up enough to actually see him. He looked like hell. He hadn't shaved, his hair was sticking in all different directions, he had bags under his bloodshot eyes an his lips were dry.

"Charlie we have to talk." He had been drinking to, but was more sober than I was. He sat down next to me and I moved away from him. He sighed and came closer once more. This time I didn't move. "Please will you just listen to me?"

I didn't want to but I didn't really have a choice. I nodded once and tried focusing on his mess of a face. "You have five minutes." I told him firmly. He looked relieved at this and began ranting.

"I swear I didn't kiss her. She stayed after class to ask me questions, came closer to me. I told her to leave. She didn't and came closer. I threatened her with detention and I was too shocked at her that I didn't realize she was about to kiss me before it was to late." He took my hand and looked into my eyes. "Charlie, I swear to all the gods in the sky if there are any and all the holy things I can swear on. I love you and am in love with you."

I didn't want to believe him, but something on his face made me. I knew he was telling me the truth. I gave him a weary and drunken smile. "I believe you." These were the hardest words I'd ever have to say.

His face gleamed. He pulled me into a kiss and I gladly kissed him back. We were both over the top. Our kisses became sloppy and we laid back on the bed, pulling at each others skin, trying to get one another closer.

The door opened.

"Mr. Spencer? Charlie?" It was Becky and three more girls from my grade and one from the grade below me, Valerie.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D I like this chapter. It goes a little fast but it sets up my ending well ;D I'm thinking about a sequel to this too. Which I've already picked the name for. Chris and Charlie have to be my favorite characters I've ever written about. So only a few more chapters until the end. Until then, enjoy ;D