Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Leaving

We froze and stared at shock at the four girls that were standing in front of us. Valerie had a smirk on her face and Becky looked disappointed at me.

"The guy?" Becky asked softly to me. I only nodded in response. I wasn't ashamed of Chris, but ashamed of myself for letting us get caught like this.

"Lie to them." I said to Chris under my breath so nobody would hear. Becky already knew everything now and added it up in her head, but the other two girls didn't have to know the truth.

"Girls, I can explain." He stumbled out of bed acting more drunk than he actually was.

"Explain what? That you're fucking one of your students?" Valerie spat at him. He stumbled towards them desperately thinking of words to say. He kept shaking his head at her words.

"Guys, they're both drunk and Charlie is high as a kite. They probably don't know what's going on, let alone that it was each other when they came in here." Becky spoke up and looked at me. She gave me a sly smile and I tried to stand up too. It didn't work. I lost my balance and went face first into the floor.

"Yeah whatever. It doesn't even matter." The three girls walked off and only Becky and Valerie remained. Valerie was still looking between Chris and I.

"I still don't believe it." Valerie said. I tried to get up once more, slower this time, and managed it by leaning on the dresser that I almost fell into.

"Valerie just drop it, who cares?" Becky was defending us well. Valerie left in a disgruntled heap and Becky walked towards us. "I'll get her high or something, so she thinks all of it was a dream. Same with the others. I hope you know what you guys are doing." She walked out the door and back down the stairs. I owed her my life.

"You could lose your job," I turned and spoke to Chris, "word will get around. You'll go to court and then to jail. Are you sure this is worth it?"

"It's worth my life. I'm leaving Charlie, resigning from the school and going across the state to apply elsewhere." He whispered quietly to me. "But I won't unless you come with me. I can't live without you." It's hard to believe that we'd only been dating a week.

"What about my family and my friends? What am I supposed to say to them? I can't just up and leave? What about school?" I don't think he'd thought this all the way through.

"You can transfer, tell your parents that you're applying for PSEO out of state or something and am going to leave. They'll let you, they let you do anything." They would, I knew they would. They didn't care about anything I did. "You can transfer schools. We'll get a house and another car. You can go to college. It'll work." He was right, it would work.

"When are you resigning?" I asked him. "What I really mean is how long do I have to say goodbye?"

"I'll resign in the morning. It'll give a sub a chance for some good money for three months of work. We'll leave on Sunday if you are coming." He was getting excited. This was going to be hard for me to accept.

"Okay, we'll leave. Where are we going?" I hoped it wouldn't be too far that I would never see anybody again.

"San Diego. If they find us there than we can go across the country. I don't think they'll pursue anything though. If anything is said, then it'll just be the word against one girl." I nodded. We were leaving and that was it.

"Let's go, I have to pack and find Becky. She saved our asses a little bit ago and I want to thank her. Meet me at my house later tonight and help me pack. I have a lot of things." I kissed his cheek and ran out of the room and down the stairs. I was more sober now than I had been all night. I picked Becky out of the crowd easily, it was the getting to her part that wasn't easy, but I managed.

"Becky, we're leaving." I panted when I reached her. She didn't understand what I was saying.

"The party is still raving! I don't want to leave!" I shook my head, grabbed onto her shoulders and looked into her face.

"No. Chris and I are leaving." I said firmly. Understanding dawned on her face. She just looked at me.

"Leaving? Like the party?" She knew the answer to this already.

"No. Leaving like 'Bye Bye'." She frowned and gave me a hug.

"Where are you going?" She asked when we pulled apart.

"San Diego." She sighed and looked around her.

"I'll help you out. I know how you feel about him. You never told me, but once I saw you two, I just knew. Anything anybody spreads around I'll argue and stop for you. Just promise me one thing?" She was smiling now.

"Anything."

"You'll come see me and I can come see you." I nodded, this was pretty simple. She hugged me again.

"When are you two leaving?" This was way easier than I thought it would be.

"Sunday." She took a sharp intake of breath and then nodded again.

"I'll be over tomorrow to say goodbye." She kissed my cheek. I didn't want to leave but I had to. I turned, waved goodbye to her and ran out of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's going to be more issues, you'll see [: This isn't the last you'll see of Valerie in this story trust me. She'll return, and trust me again. She's evil.
muahahahaha