Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

The Drive

I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared at his car. This was not the car he always drove to school. Was he joking and playing with my head? I mean really? In my driveway was a brand new silver BMW. My jaw dropped and he turned around from in front of me and looked at me in confusion.

"Something wrong?" He looked worried at my dead stare. He snapped his fingers in front of my face a few times, bringing me back to reality.

"Is that your car?" I asked in astonishment. I have always dreamed of owning my own BMW and now the guy that I was somewhat dating owns one. Perfect. I heard him chuckle and I switched my stare to look at him. He had a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Yeah. My car broke down a few months ago and I thought, 'What the heck! Why not go big!' It's not something I drive to school though. I'm afraid it'll get keyed or something." He shrugged it off and placed his arm around me and began leading me to his car. I grinned as he opened the passenger door for me. He was pulling this off well.

He ran around to the other side of his car, opened the door for himself, jumped in and started the car with one fluid motion. Before I knew it we were on our way to our destination. One this still bothered me, I didn't know where our destination was.

"Where are we going?" I asked. I really hoped it wasn't somewhere in town where people we knew could see us. They would get the wrong impression. Hell, was there a right impression for a student and a teacher to be out together after school hours? I think not.

"Well, we're going to dinner and I have a surprise for you. It'll take a while to get there, it's a 40 mile drive." I knew he wasn't stupid, but I grinned anyway thinking of my previous concern.

He reached his hand to turn the radio on. Some pop song came on and he laughed at the reaction on my face. I really did not like pop. I reached my hand out towards the radio to turn the station. He grabbed it, mid-air, and and brought it down. Our hands rested on the arm rest, entwined, and his thumb massaging the back of my own hand.

I stared down at our hands. Oh, he was good. The problem was, I couldn't make any sort of expression on my face. Of course, he noticed.

"Did I do something?" I was snapped out of my trance. Was I ever going to stop making myself look like a complete idiot? Probably not. I looked up at him and did my best to pull off the perfect smile.

"Not at all, this is all perfect." Did that sound cheesy? I think it was cheesy. It worked though. He smiled that smile that I learned to love so well. This date was going to me amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
soo again [: comment! I actually like this chapter too! so tell me what you think or I'll sick my teacup yorkie on youuuu! rawr