Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

We Can Be Alone, Together

I woke up in a bed. Alone. I was in a semi-messy room, clothes were on the floor and there was things all over the small dresser that lay against the opposite wall. I looked around for any sign of him, he wasn't here, but the smell of something delicious calmed me as I got out of the bed.

I found my way to the kitchen to see him making blueberry pancakes. I hadn't had breakfast made for me in over two years. That was a nice change. He was whistling a tune as he did it, kind of cliche, but adorable all the same. I don't think he noticed me walk in and sit in one of the bar stools.

He turned around to place a pancake on a plate and finally noticed me starting at him with my head rested on my hands. "Oh! I made you pancakes." He laughed and gestured to the plate. I smiled at him as a response. It was really sweet. He set a pancake on a plate and placed it in front of me. After doing so he turned back around to pour the rest of the batter into the pan.

I ate the pancake slowly. I only really trusted myself as a cook, especially since I was home alone all the time. It was delicious, so I inhaled the rest of it, just in time for him to place another one on the plate and take one for himself.

"You'd think that you've never eaten before by the way you inhale your food." He was gawking at me before shoving a forkful of pancake into his own mouth.

I took a breath and paused my eating. "I hardly ever eat breakfast. And to be quite honest, I didn't think you could cook this well." I said skeptically and took another bite of my pancake. He seemed to be thinking up the right words to say.

"When you live all alone like me, you learn things. Especially cooking." I knew what it was like to be alone. The thought made me kind of upset, and apparently, it showed well on my face. "What's wrong?" He asked, seeing my reaction.

"Well, I know how you feel. I'm home alone all the time. My parents probably come home once a month from their frequent business trips." He crossed the island I was sitting at and came around to stand beside me, wrapping his arms around my shoulder and pulling me into a hug.

"I know this is cheesy, but we can be alone together. Which makes us not really alone so I guess it all works out." He kissed my hair and I breathed in his scent once again. That was a comforting thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a short one. I'm tying with acrylic nails and my fingers kind of hurt so I ended it there. I promise the next one will be longer, just for you guys.
sooo again! comment/subscribe!