Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 30 - The One

Th-thump… Th-thump… Th-thump…

Chris’s ears perked up at the familiar sound as he and his pack mourned for their loss in the Cullens’ living room. His Aunt Emily was doing better, and was now crying into the crook of her imprinter’s neck. Everyone was saddened by Jade Young’s early death, even Leah looked sorrowful at the moment.

Th-thump… Th-thump… Th-thump…

Chris couldn’t put his finger on the sound. He had heard it practically all of his life, and yet right now, what it could’ve been just completely escaped him.

Th-thump… Th-thump… Th-thump…

He began to tap his finger along to the beat.

Th-thump… Th-thump… Th-thump…

He had it.

“Jade!” He yelled and bounded up the staircase with new motivation.

Everyone stared in confusion. Emily looked up from Sam’s neck, wiping her tears with a tissue, and watched as her nephew disappeared into the second story. They didn’t get what was going on, not in the slightest. They all thought that he had finally registered what had happened and was going to see her one final time…

There was laughter in the background.

Or maybe they believed he had gone off of his rocker…

It was either one.

Chris ran back into sight and to the middle of the stairs. “She’s alive!!” He shouted. “She’s alive!”

They were confused, and after a second, Emily rose from her seat and ran up the stairs, Sam and the rest of the pack on her heals. They had to see this.

Chris led them into the room and took Emily’s hand in his, putting it onto Jade’s Radial artery. Everything was quiet as the concerned Aunt looked for a pulse.

Her bottom lip quivered as she then began to cry. “He’s right… she’s alive!” She cried joyfully. “She’s alive…!”

Everyone smiled and Sam enveloped Emily in a hug, soothing her and telling her not to cry.

Leah smiled to herself, but it fell when Embry hugged her. “Get off me, you retard!” She seethed angrily, pushing him off.

Embry rolled his eyes, but continued to celebrate the good news with the rest of the pack.

“Wait…” Chris murmured to himself.

With the pack’s advanced hearing, they heard his mumbling and turned to him.

“What’s wrong, dude? She’s alive, this is great!” Seth shouted.

“I know that,” He nodded. “I’m going to go get, Jacob. Be back in a bit.”

The brother moved with ease down the stairs and out the door, shifting into his wolf form immediately after changing. He followed his partner’s scent and began to track him down.

-{}-

I continued to walk aimlessly through the woods, reminiscing about experiences I had with Jade—the good and the bad. The memories made me happy; they made me thankful that I had met someone like Jade. I was thankful to have had such a strong relationship with her.

She wouldn’t want me to be mourning her like this… I thought. She’d want me to collect myself, move on and be happy.

I sighed inwardly and ran a hand through my hair. That seemed impossible. Hell…

It was impossible.

If someone could even think of me moving on—especially with someone else—they’d seriously need to contemplate about moving into a psych ward. There was no way I would ever move on from Jade Young. She’d always carry heart—and I liked it that way.

I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Maybe… maybe I just needed to get away for a while. Clear my head. Yea, that was it. I needed to clear my head. Some time away would do me good.

I changed out of my clothes and then shifted, and I began to run away from it all. Well, I was.

Jacob, stop! Chris yelled. Don’t even think about leaving!

Why not? I questioned and stopped where I was.

Chris’s furry form appeared and he was panting wildly, tongue sticking out and a new happy glint in his eye. It’s Jade. She’s not dead.

When I heard that, I swear my heart stopped beating for a few seconds. It started to pump faster and I began to sprint back towards the Cullens’.

I had to see this for myself.

I had to see Jade.

We darted through the brush and trees, avoiding the obstacles that they created with much ease. I was running so fast that it didn’t even feel like running—I felt like I was just flying through the air. I must’ve put a good thirty feet between Chris and myself because I was outrunning him.

The smell of leech was becoming more apparent as we neared the house, and I shifted in the trees, making myself decent once more right after. I sprinted out and into the clearing, into the home and up the stairs.

The room held the pack, which immediately began to leave once I walked inside, Jared closing the door after he walked out. I turned my attention to Jade and I slowly shuffled my way across the room and to the bed. I stared down at her with concern…

She wasn’t as pale as she was before, but she still looked broken. I was afraid to touch her; she looked like she would just shatter if I did. She was the most fragile thing in the world to me, and I had to be careful around her.

“Jade…” I whispered. “If you can here me… I’m here.” I took her hand in mine and her freezing touch felt like heaven on my fiery skin.

She groaned and her eyes shook as they tried to open. Her hand squeezed my own ever so gently and soon her brown orbs were once again visible through her squinting eyes.

I felt happiness consume me as I grinned from ear to ear. “Jade… you’re awake,” I said, my voice cracking.

“Jake…” She said hoarsely, and I got closer to her by getting down on one knee. She coughed—which rattled me to no extent—and then looked at me with her shining brown eyes. “Never leave me again.”

I nodded vigorously and I felt tears leave my eyes—overjoyed that she wasn’t leaving me after all. “Never again, I promise you.” I spoke, and kissed her forehead tenderly, trailing my way down to her lips. “I love you so much, Jade Young, and don’t you ever forget it.”

“I love you, too, Jacob Black.” She smiled sincerely. “Always keep that in mind no matter what.”

I kissed her one final time and I let her know how much I treasured her through that one kiss. I knew she felt it when she kissed back and ran a hand through my hair which made me get goose bumps.

God, what this girl did to me…!

I pulled away and I sat in bed with her, holding her close to my body with the intention of never letting her go. I was never going to let her go again.

Carlisle came in a few moments later and checked her vitals. He was stunned. “Well, I’m happy to say that you’re perfectly fine and healthy.” He concluded. “I don’t know how, but I’d rather not question a miracle.” He smiled.

“Thank you so much, Carlisle, for everything.” Jade spoke. “It means so much.”

“Oh you’re quiet welcome, Jade.” He smiled.

“Really, Carlisle,” I began. “It means a lot more than you know.”

He gave a simple nod of understanding. “Always happy to help,” He said. “You’re free to leave whenever you would like.”

Within the hour, we were gone and heading back home with Jade—just the way it was supposed to be.

-{}-

I was in the Charger with Chris and Jacob. Jacob hadn’t let go of my hand since we left and Chris was smiling the whole ride home. I couldn’t help but remember what had happened when the blinding light stole me away from my mother as we drove to Emily’s.

“I take it you’re Jade?” A melodic voice questioned.

I whipped around, my brunette hair flailing around my face. It was like I was staring into a mirror—the only difference was that instead of my usual brown eyes, they were a mesmerizing bluish-green.

“Who are you?” I asked, eyeing the clone with suspicion.

She smiled kindly and extended her arm out. “My name is Amelia, I believe you’re the current owner of the journal, correct?”

“Yes…” I nodded slowly. “I’m only asking, but… what am I doing here?”

“I just wanted to talk to you.” She shrugged. “Are there any questions you have that I could maybe answer?”

I nodded and shifted my weight uncomfortably. “How… why were you in an arranged marriage with Blake?”

She took a deep breath, almost as to ready herself for the answer, and then looked at me in the eyes. “My mother, Bernadette, was the daughter of a vampire and a human. She was not immortal, so to speak, but she did posses rather abnormal qualities. She had telekinetic powers; she could move nearly anything with her mind.

“My mother met my father and they got married, soon after, they had me. Now, my father didn’t know what my mother was—she appeared as human as anyone else on the planet. When I was born, I had powers just like my mother, and therefore my father learned about what she truly was. He loved her the same way even after finding out. When I was around the age of fifteen, my mother was murdered by a group of vampires called the Volturi.” She blinked vigorously, trying to rid her eyes of the tears they were frantically creating.

“Who are the Volturi?”

“They’re the most powerful vampires in the world. They create the laws that all the vampires must live by, if they don’t, they’re killed.”

“Did Bernadette break a rule?”

“No… she didn’t, she was the thing that broke the law. It’s against their rules to have immortal children, and even though she wasn’t immortal, they feared what she could become, and killed her without a second thought.

“After the Volturi killed her, Blake had found out somehow and tracked me down. He threatened my father. He told him that I was to marry him or else he would tell the Volturi about me and about my father knowing that vampires existed. He didn’t have a choice.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

She sent me a sad smile. “It’s quite alright, Jade, you’re not to blame for this.” She spoke.

“Amelia, why am I human—shouldn’t I be part vampire?”

“When my mother gave birth to me, I was more human than my mother, because she married my father—a human. When I had my own children, they were more human than I was because I married a human. This kept happening because your ancestors continued to marry humans, and each new generation kept getting more and more human. This happened until we reached a generation that was completely human. Your mother was that generation.”

“It makes sense,” I gave a small nod. “I just have one more question,” I started and she motioned for me to tell her by giving me a nod. “What was in the vial?”

She smiled. “I expected that you would ask this question.” She mused. “My father had a friend named Alexander—he was sort of a colleague of his. Alexander was a bit of a scientist and one night he was attacked by a vampire. He was bitten and went through the transformation. My father confided in Alexander about everything, and even told him about Blake and my predicament. Alexander was strong-willed, even after the transformation he was able to keep himself off of human blood for long periods of time.

“Alexander was experimenting and created a concoction that would stop the vampire transformation—though it was very risky. The person who was given the antidote had their heart stop. You see, in order for the venom to spread, it uses the body’s veins and arteries to travel until it finally reaches the heart. The antidote stops the heart and the body’s immune system attacks it.

“However, every body is different and so weaker immune systems couldn’t destroy the venom, so when the heart began to pump once again, the transformation only resumed. Stronger immune systems were able to dispose of it, thus keeping them human. If the person was given too much of the potion, there was a chance that they would simply die of overdose. If given too little, it wouldn’t affect the person at all.

“Alexander gave my father a vial of it in case of an emergency like that. Thankfully, I was able to get away from Blake, and so I had no need to use it. I had hoped that it would never be needed, but if it was, I hoped that it would be able to save you or anyone else who used it.”

“So that’s why I seemed to be dead?”

“That’s why,” She nodded, and put a hand onto my shoulder. “Your hearts starting to pump again,” Her image began to get blurry and soon I was recaptured by the light. “In a little, you’ll be back to normal…”


“Jade, we’re here,” Jacob stated, snapping me out of my day dream. “Need help?”
I nodded and then the gently took my forearm, guiding me out of the backseat of the car. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and guided me inside.

“Jade!” Embry shouted and engulfed me in a hug.

“Hey Embry,” I smiled and returned the hug happily.

“Move, Embry!” Emily shouted and Embry did as he was told.

She enveloped me in a hug and squeezed my body tightly that I actually felt my back crack. “Em, be careful!” Jake shouted as he looked at me with concern.

“It’s fine, Jake,” I smiled. “No harm done,”

He gave a nod and then smiled at me.

“Glad you’re alright,” Jared smiled.

“Yea, it wouldn’t have been the same without you,” Quil added with a nod as he hugged me.

Jaaade!” Seth pummeled himself into me and hugged me tightly. This one actually hurt because of his strength.

“Seth, I love you, but please, please, please loosen the grip!”

“Seth!!” Jake shouted.

“Sorry,” He smiled sheepishly. “I’m just so happy you’re okay though!”

“It’s cool,” I laughed. “Don’t worry.”

“Thank God you’re fine.” Paul began. “Now we won’t have to listen to Jacob groaning about how much he’d miss you.”

“Paul!!” Jacob yelled and jumped on him.

“Jake, get off,” Sam ordered with a roll of his eyes. Jacob did as he was told and glared daggers into the boy. “Paul, just keep your mouth shut.”

Brady and Collin came up to me and smiled. “It would have been boring without someone to bother,” Collin laughed.

I could feel my eye twitch. “Besides, we enjoy your company.” Brady added and the two boys hugged me softly.

I guess they weren’t all bad…

“I’m happy that you’re fine. I wouldn’t want anything to happen to my future niece.” Sam stated and put a hand onto my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, smacked his hand off of my shoulder and then hugged him. I heard Emily ‘aw’ and I saw her trying to hide a smile. “You’re gonna become my uncle, so I expect hugs, not hands on shoulders or anything like that.”

He grumbled, but hugged back nonetheless.

Leah cleared her throat and we all turned to her in slight surprise. “I’m glad you’re okay. I wouldn’t want to be surrounded just by guys.” She gave a small smile—a really small smile. I walked over to her and gave her a small hug. “Let’s take this slowly…” She mumbled.

“Sorry,” I said, and backed off, holding my hands up in the air in surrender.

After talking for a few more minutes, the rest of the pack left for home and said they’d be here bright and early for breakfast. Jake and I were walking upstairs and I had to go the bathroom.

“I’ll be up in a second, I gotta use the bathroom,”

“Okay,” He nodded, kissing my forehead softly.

I walked in, locked the door and then did my business. I washed my hands and looked at my appearance, fixing my messy hair. I looked down and noticed it…

The pregnancy test…

I must’ve stared at that thing for quite a while since Jacob came back down and knocked on the door. “Hey, Jade are you alright?”

“Yea, I’m… I’m fine,” I replied, finally reaching for the box.

I opened it up and then took out the device, not staring at it. Look down in three… two… one. I thought, and my head snapped downwards and saw it.

The pink plus sign.

My heart pounded in my chest like never before. My stomach contorted itself into knots and my mouth went dry. I felt like I couldn’t breathe.

Tears stung my eyes and they cascaded down my face.

My heart had stopped. I was ‘dead’ for a good hour at the least. Not to mention the abuse I had gone through with Blake and Johnny. I knew one thing for sure…

I was not going to become a mother any time soon.

I sniffled and I wiped away some of the tears, but they still kept coming.

“Jade… Jade what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” I wiped my eyes again and it felt like they only came down faster. “Jade, open up!” I looked at the knob that began to jiggle and I slowly reached out and unlocked it. It burst open and Jacob took me into his arms. “Jade, what’s wrong—what happened?” He put my face into his large hands and caressed my cheeks. “Tell me Jade, I wanna help you.”

“I took a pregnancy test…” I said through my tears and quivering voice. “Right before this all happened.” I sniffled and wiped my eyes. “I just saw it right now and it was positive.”

He stared at me in shock and then pulled me into his arms as I started to bawl my eyes out again. He picked me up and carried me upstairs and into my room, closing the door with his foot. He set me down onto the bed and kissed the top of my head, trying to quiet me by shushing me softly and rubbing my back.

“We’re… we’re going to get through this…” He whispered into my ear. “I promise you. Everything… everything is going to be fine.” He kissed my head tenderly once more. “I love you, Jade, and I’m going to try and make you happy. I’m going to be here for you. I promise you, for as long as I’m here… I’ll make you happy, I’ll take care of you, and I’ll love you. We’re going to get through this.”

I looked at him through my blurry vision and smiled, kissing his lips softly. “I love you, too. You already make me happy, take care of me, and I know you love me.” I pulled him down on the bed next to me. “All I want to do now is just enjoy my time with you. Please… just be here when I wake up.”

He kissed my lips with his soft ones and looked me in the eye. “I’ll always be here.”

I smiled and then snuggled into his arms, burying my head into his chest, inhaling his sweet pine scent. “Thank you… I’m so happy I found you… I’m so…happy…”

“Go to sleep, Jade… I’ll see you in the morning.” He spoke softly. “I love you.”

“Love you…” I whispered.

That night I fell asleep in the arms of the man I loved.

That night I fell asleep in the arms of Jacob Black.

That night I fell asleep in the arms of the one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first matter of business; I’ve been getting messages with questions about a six letter word that begins with the letter “S”. My answer…

Yes, I’m happy to say that there will, in fact, be a sequel to “Only In The Moonlight Does This Feel Right”. :) I can’t say when it’ll be out, but it probably won’t be anytime soon. (SORRY!)

To make up for that, however, I’ll be releasing a new Jacob Black story. Once again, I’m not sure when I’ll have that posted, but it’ll probably be in one to two months. Two is the absolute maximum.

I would just like to thank you guys so much for reading this. It means the world to me. I’ve gotten so much feedback from many readers and it’s made me so happy and honored to have such awesome readers! You’ve made my worst days become brighter and have inspired me to write! I love you all! Thanks so much once again! Message/comment me with questions or feedback and I’ll reply to you!